THIS Could Get Interesting

3,801 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Joe Schillaci 48
TexasAggie81
How long do you want to ignore this user?
As a lawyer/professor who totally "digs" the Constitution, I'm absolutely loving this lawsuit. If this courageous student athlete's allegations prove true, it will be a landmark case that will cause colleges and universities, and their coaches and assistants, to play it safe about advocating political and other agendas.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/former-university-oklahoma-volleyball-player-sues-political-views

RAB87
AG
While this lawsuit against OU is exactly the right thing to do, what are the chances it succeeds at a place they allow football players to punch women in the face?
GSPag`
This is going to be a very interesting case to watch unfold. I am suspecting in federal court OU and the coaches are going to take a hit. I am sure they are scrambling to settle out of court because this is not going to play well with their fan base. Especially considering her accolades as a volleyball player.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
yep. she has proven that at ou, you're better off as a football player who knocked a chick completely out, on camera, than having your own opinion.
West Point Aggie
AG
In case it wasn't super obvious, academia is the least inclusive, and diverse of settings. Her lawsuit has some chance because it is in Oklahoma, but more and more being called and assumed to be a racist, nationalist, white supremacist goon will be commonplace if you even remotely express any kind of conservative opinions. There are a lot of social and racial ills in the country of ours, but academia is sadly NOT the place to deal with them!

Academia is about conformity with the "now accepted" norm as determined by elite social academics; any deviation from what is accepted is viewed quite negatively and dealt with harshly.

I work part time for four separate schools and it is now common place for the presidents of these schools to send lecturing messages and long-ass emails as reactions to every little event that takes place. The run up to the election was a mind-numbing blizzard of voting messages that had nothing to do with "just voting"

/stepping off soapbox
Let’s Go Brandon!
bam02
AG
Good luck to her!
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
Discovery phase will be huge. OU will settle for an "undisclosed" amount.

Meanwhile is a certain basketball team still holding Kumbaya meetings instead of practice?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.