WFAA report on Eyes of Texas

3,319 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Tom Doniphon
greg.w.h
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.wfaa.com/mobile/article/news/education/ut-austin-commencement-walkout-eyes-of-texas/269-13ad092f-3823-44f3-a5fd-3b58c6bedcd7
AgDotCom
I'll go out on a limb and say if it happened at all, it went over like a turd dropped by a bleached sphincter in an alley behind the building.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
AgTrip
I was wondering about this. What happened? Did anyone storm out in a huff or not?
RAB87
AG
While I enjoy piling on the Horns as much as anyone, they have my full support on the Eyes of Texas. The pathetic liberal morons crying about the "harm" done by the song know nothing but privilege. Their mission is to destroy the USA that has lifted more out of oppression and poverty than any nation in history. They are the enemy of America and should be treated as such.
HTownAg98
After their board/commission/investigation body didn't determine that the song was racist, and people still walked out, them that's just on them for being a dumbass.

I wish I could remember what the guy's name is, but a former ut football player was asked to be a part of this committee. He didn't want to do it if the reason he was there was to be the "token black football player." He was assured that wasn't the case, and after he looked at all the evidence, he didn't think the song was racist.
JustisWalkert
AG
After the malcontents walk out, they can go back to playing the song in blackface.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
While I agree that the song isn't racist, its nice to see the riff that is forming in that institution. sip falls the same way Rome did, from within.
“Not gonna lie...its a little disconcerting to have our minister of positivity be PlaneCrashGuy but Im in"
Charlie 31
AG
I watched the UT graduation ceremony last night on the Longhorn Network--I enjoyed watching it after earning my UT graduate degree in 1999 and having friends' kids graduating last night--and found it great planning by UT administrators that they turned out the DKR Texas Memorial Stadium stadium lights at the end of the Spring 2021 graduation ceremony when "The Eyes of Texas" was played as fireworks were shot off in the background. If anybody walked out they could not see where they were going and could not be seen publicly.

As others here on TexAgs have noted, I totally support "The Eyes of Texas" remaining the UT-Austin alma mater and refuse to support any liberal-biased, communist-supported, and BLM-inspired cancel-culture BULL**** such as changing "The Eyes of Texas" from being the UT-Austin alma mater nor removing the Lawrence Sullivan Ross statue from the Texas A&M campus. Those libtards that want these changes can go to hell.

God Bless Texas!!!
Aggieair
I don't really support them- I rather enjoy watching it happen. Their dueling bands and donors that threaten players will likely tear their program apart further this upcoming season.

Couldn't have happened to a better university!
Jack Squat 83
AG
Charlie 31 said:

I watched the UT graduation ceremony last night on the Longhorn Network--I enjoyed watching it after earning my UT graduate degree in 1999 and having friends' kids graduating last night--and found it great planning by UT administrators that they turned out the DKR Texas Memorial Stadium stadium lights at the end of the Spring 2021 graduation ceremony when "The Eyes of Texas" was played as fireworks were shot off in the background. If anybody walked out they could not see where they were going and could not be seen publicly.

As others here on TexAgs have noted, I totally support "The Eyes of Texas" remaining the UT-Austin alma mater and refuse to support any liberal-biased, communist-supported, and BLM-inspired cancel-culture BULL**** such as changing "The Eyes of Texas" from being the UT-Austin alma mater nor removing the Lawrence Sullivan Ross statue from the Texas A&M campus. Those libtards that want these changes can go to hell.

God Bless Texas!!!
That's actually a brilliant solution and I'm with the traditional sips on this one too. I bet those race-baiting commies were all kinds of butt-hurt over that, lol. They took away the one thing they truly care about, being seen signaling their "virtue" which is awesome.

Maybe they can do that too, when the (United States of America) National Anthem is played at sporting events, particularly at the professional level.
Pretty sure most of you don’t know me.
DifferenceMaker Ag
Shooting off fireworks while playing EOT all over DKR.

Ironic.
IMnAg79
AG
Every article says graduates walked out, but no article says how many or what percentage

HeyMoe
AG
I have a solution.

Replace the "Eyes of Texas" with 'The Camptown Ladies".
aggiejim70
AG
Those libtards that want these changes can go to hell.

Charlie, you and my sip sister are of like mind. Pretty much the same words she used to express her views.
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
Tom Doniphon
HeyMoe said:

I have a solution.

Replace the "Eyes of Texas" with 'The Camptown Ladies".
normalhorn
"Theeee Camptown Ladies"?
...take it easy on me, I'm a normal horn
Decay
AG
We've told them for a damn century plus that the song sounds like hell.

That's on them for never listening.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Tom Doniphon
"Dancing around like a bunch of Kansas City ******s."
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.