Let's revisit this article by Peter Bean 11 years later

6,507 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BohunkAg
BohunkAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.burntorangenation.com/2010/6/10/1511759/conference-realignment-will-texas

Quote:

The hottest question of the hour is whether Texas A&M might break ranks with Texas and venture off on its own to the SEC. Over at AOL's Fanhouse, Clay Travis (a diehard Vol fan) lays out the argument for why it's a great idea, and as far as benefiting the SEC is concerned, he's absolutely correct. They'd get Texas TV sets, an inroad to East Texas recruiting, and a football-obsessed university with a respectable enough program.

But would the move be a good one for Texas A&M? Absolutely not, but just as SEC fans should hope the Aggies are dumb enough to take the bait... so should Texas.
Records since the move: Texas 65-48, Texas A&M 77-37

Quote:

A&M venturing off on its own to the SEC would be the best thing that could possibly happen to Texas. And one of the worst to A&M
See above.

Quote:

Well, all of the sudden, Texas is free to join the Big 10.
Ell oh ell.

Quote:

Essentially, the Aggies would be taking a giant step sideways, into a football conference they're unlikely to succeed in, while liberating Texas to become even bigger, richer, and stronger than it already is.
This is a tough look for ol' Peter.

Quote:

They would, in essence, be choosing to open up an enormous gulf between themselves and Texas--one that cannot open up nearly so wide when the schools are tethered together in the same conference.
I guess he was right about one thing in the article.
aginlakeway
AG
Peter Bean (that author) now ...

https://www.linkedin.com/in/peterjbean/

He's a lawyer. What do they know. LOL.
UTExan
Not to mention a TAMU move both upped the average SAT score for the SEC as well as increased the average number of intact teeth on average for SEC fans. And likely drove down long term STD averages for SEC students as well.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
BohunkAg
AG
UTExan said:

Not to mention a TAMU move both upped the average SAT score for the SEC as well as increased the average number of intact teeth on average for SEC fans. And likely drove down long term STD averages for SEC students as well.
Jimbo4win
AG
Forbes/US News and World Report think very highly of Vanderbilt, Florida, Georgia and TAMU. In fact, all 4 are in the top 65 with only one BDF school the same..
LOYAL AG
AG
I said in 2011 when this was being talked about that in the BDF A&M's ceiling was Michigan State who is respectable but spends their life in the shadow of Michigan. However in the SEC A&M would become Florida State who is viewed as Florida's equal at least athletically speaking. That's pretty much what we've seen play out. Nobody looks at A&M at tu's kid brother anymore.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
sawemoff2010
AG
LOYAL AG said:

I said in 2011 when this was being talked about that in the BDF A&M's ceiling was Michigan State who is respectable but spends their life in the shadow of Michigan. However in the SEC A&M would become Florida State who is viewed as Florida's equal at least athletically speaking. That's pretty much what we've seen play out. Nobody looks at A&M at tu's kid brother anymore.
We need to win a natty or two and make sure we etch that in stone...
AgDotCom
Well, somebody was drunk in 2010. Same guy 9 years later, or no?

carl spacklers hat
So much fail and delusion in that link.
Shoefly!
AG
Peter the Beanstalk!
Nuke_Ag05
AG
EscondidoAg82
AG
Nuke_Ag05 said:

This is an unassailable data point.
GarryowenAg
AG
Who is that?
EscondidoAg82
AG
I do not know but it is obvious to me that she is really smart and that I will agree with whatever she says.
AgEng06
AG
Expert Witness said:

Who is that?
Looks like Charlotte McKinney...
Party Boy
AgDotCom said:

Well, somebody was drunk in 2010. Same guy 9 years later, or no?

Goofy f***ing f***got.
SlobberKnock
AG
UTExan said:

However by TAMU leaving the ratio of teeth(Okla) and stds(Tceh) has not trended in a favorable direction for the Big 12....
Madman
AG

I wonder if he was told what his opinion was in exchange for cash before writing that hit pc back then?

At least then he could argue he wasn't stupid, just greedy.
Hood
AG
Mr. Bean has aged and progressed about as well as the sips football team has the last decade.

You hate to see it.
Nuke_Ag05
AG
Expert Witness said:

Who is that?
Charlotte McKinney

Have fun.
Jimbo4win
AG
LOYAL AG said:

Clemson(a school half the size A&M) has me convinced that winning is all that ever matters. Win on a national stage and the narrative changes quickly regardless. Remember "Clemsoning"? It's the equivalent of "little brother".
e=mc2
AG
Solid work Bohunk!
Charlie 31
AG
Quote:

They'd get Texas TV sets, an inroad to East Texas recruiting, and a football-obsessed university with a respectable enough program

Tom Doniphon
Dude's mugshot looks like he's a Beto O'Rourke love child.
APHIS AG
Quote:

A&M venturing off on its own to the SEC would be the best thing that could possibly happen to Texas. And one of the worst to A&M.

I would never want Bean to give me Stock tips, investing strategies, or lottery numbers.

What a loser. But then, he is a sip.
Artimus Gordon
Peter Bean has to be the poster, " Just saying"!

45-70Ag
AG
That reads like something that idiot David ubben would write.

Then you find out there's someone as dumb as he is.
A_Gang_Ag_06
AG
I'll wait to hear what Wescott Eberts has to say on the subject.

el_guapo
Great thread. I hope we have people like Bohunk keeping track of all the SEC move naysayers. We'll need it at our National Championship celebration.
Science Denier
AG
Let's see. A&M in the SEC:

1. Tons more money
2. More exciting home games
3. Way more exposure (many of our games were not in TV)
4. Only Texas school in the SEC

While getting away from a horrible business partner (sip) was an obvious benefit, that was not on the list of true difference makers.

It took either a special type of dumbass or a person with an agenda to not realize how much the SEC would benefit the Texas Aggies.

I think $Bill had an agenda when we turned them down the first time. He could win titles in the minor sports by overpaying for those coaches and in the Big 12, those sports had a much easier path. In the SEC, they are good at damn near everything. Remember, ht got bonuses for those minor sports championships.
BohunkAg
AG
el_guapo said:

Great thread. I hope we have people like Bohunk keeping track of all the SEC move naysayers. We'll need it at our National Championship celebration.
This is me

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.