You're saying tent cities full of homeless hinder recruiting?

5,673 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by West Point Aggie
BohunkAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How do you figure that?

McInnis80
NO on B. Keep Austin Weird!
BohunkAg
AG
This might be a case where we all want to claim Austin residence tomorrow to vote. Worked in Chicago back in the day.
Jimbo4win
AG
I voted! Bite me Adler!
AgCat93
AG
So just how many of the homeless living in tents around the 40 Acres are students at t.u.?
DGAG92
AG
Let that **** hole grow with tents and bums. They deserve every single bit of the disaster that follows everything liberals touch. ****'em.
RAB87
AG
Jimbo4win said:

I voted! Bite me Adler!
Adler is a poster-boy for Democrats. Elected purely for his sexual proclivities. Totally unqualified and unprofessional. Ethically corrupt (told Austinites to stay home in a video call from Cabo). He is the enemy of the people and should be treated as such.
T-Shizzle
Oh yeah you mean like the "Great Depression" and the "Great Recession"? Cool story bro.
Stat Monitor Repairman
You hate to see it.
fessparker
AG
As much as I hate to see anything that lets tu off the mat, I applaud the citizens of Austin for having at least a modicum of the sense they we're bequeathed by being in Texas.
WC94
AG
Adler is typical politician. Owns 151 million in property in and around Travis County, claims we need housing. Lives in a 4 million dollar condo with round the clock tax payer security, unleashes the walking dead upon the citizens. Need to bring back tar and feather.
BohunkAg
AG
WC94 said:

Adler is typical politician. Owns 151 million in property in and around Travis County, claims we need housing. Lives in a 4 million dollar condo with round the clock tax payer security, unleashes the walking dead upon the citizens. Need to bring back tar and feather.
Yep. Adler is a real piece of sh-t.
12thMan9
AG
How did the vote go?
Ronnie '88
McInnis80
12thMan9 said:

How did the vote go?
It was the typical woke Austin we know and love. They voted bigly for the ban. They care about Save Our Springs and Animal Rights but could care less about poor people, especially in East Austin. Just like the people who move to East Austin and are upset about the low rider car culture.
levypantsEOY
McInnis80 said:

12thMan9 said:

How did the vote go?
It was the typical woke Austin we know and love. They voted bigly for the ban. They care about Save Our Springs and Animal Rights but could care less about poor people, especially in East Austin. Just like the people who move to East Austin and are upset about the low rider car culture.

Care less about the poor people? There is a village of mental cases living under a highway. Downtown is a disaster zone.
The only answer is to get them out.
For once The People's Republic of Austin has acted appropriately.
BohunkAg
AG
levypantsEOY said:

McInnis80 said:

12thMan9 said:

How did the vote go?

Care less about the poor people? There is a village of mental cases living under a highway. Downtown is a disaster zone.
That's not what he's saying. He's saying these pansies aren't acting consistently. If they were following their own ideology, they let everyone do what they want....but if it affects them being able to go to Starbucks and get their triple latte in peace, then that's no good....much like the low rider gatherings. It's like they all want to defund the police until all of their asses start getting robbed.
Artimus Gordon
Hell I saw a tent on 71/290 that had a solar panel! Must have been the upscale homeless hood!
Potcake
AG
levypantsEOY said:

There is a village idiot living on TexAgs pretending to be an Aggie.
rootube
AG
BohunkAg said:

levypantsEOY said:

McInnis80 said:

12thMan9 said:

How did the vote go?

That's not what he's saying. He's saying these pansies aren't acting consistently. If they were following their own ideology, they let everyone do what they want....but if it affects them being able to go to Starbucks and get their triple latte in peace, then that's no good....much like the low rider gatherings. It's like they all want to defund the police until all of their asses start getting robbed.

This was a weird way to put this. (Though somehow not as weird as the recruiting angle on this whole fiasco) The ban passed by a surprisingly narrow margin by my reckoning when you consider the absolute disaster this has become. Now the mayor of Austin can turn his attention to spending property tax money on pretending the city can turn converted hotels in north Austin where he has little support into homeless Marriott's.
DGAG92
AG
T-Shizzle said:

Oh yeah you mean like the "Great Depression" and the "Great Recession"? Cool story bro.

You mean the one brought about by bush? Hey genius, he's part of that same team. And yes please please, lets discuss the great depression and from where it came.
West Point Aggie
AG
Keep Austin gross
Let’s Go Brandon!
SoTxAg
AG
Saw Rogan interviewing a comedian named Joe List who arrived in Austin to do a show. This guy proceeds to tell Rogan how he was harassed by some of Austin's fine citizenry on 6th and 7th Street and chased back to his hotel. Great PR you got going there sips, hope you dont lose a recruit to the "un-housed" mobs when they start visiting in June.
West Point Aggie
AG
As a new-ish resident of SA I've come to appreciate SH130 and the way it helps me avoid Austin. With JetBlue flying directly from Boston to SA starting in the fall, even their admittedly nice airport will be avoidable when family comes to visit.
Let’s Go Brandon!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.