Baylor - Big Green Motors??

4,858 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by farmersfight
RVAg02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Didn't see it posted. Apparently Baylor is already in damage control with this guy.

https://www.reddit.com/r/baylor/comments/mqdxxs/wait_for_it/?utm_content=body&utm_medium=post_embed&utm_name=fb77536cbac7483b90c34b65179f26a7&utm_source=embedly&utm_term=mqdxxs

Born Maroon
AG
Ouch.
DatTallArchitect
AG
"So Drew can go pull them out of the hood." Wow!
BQ_90
AG
Best part is Mulkey got a better ride than slime ball Drew
Jack Cheese
AG

BQ_90
AG
Get chip and jo to slap some shiplap on that jeep and everything is whitewashed
Born Maroon
AG
So funny that Baylol is the only old rival worth discussing lately (other than lol tceh)
SchizoAg
AG
I don't see anything wrong with what he said.

The superhuman levels of reality-denial required by the new orthodoxy are astonishing.
Jack Cheese
AG
"go pull em out of the hood".

Yep, totally normal thing that everyone says. Nothing to see here. Why do you think he made the face and visibly tensed up after saying it???
jokershady
AG
His reaction to his slip actually had me laughing
maroonthrunthru
Is it no longer called "the 'hood" ???

I thought that's what everyone (all races) called it...

The Wonderer
AG
RockOn
maroonthrunthru said:

Do tell us what "it" is.
Al Bula
AG
Wow even when Bailure wins a national championship, they still somehow Bailure all over themselves.

BQ_90
AG
RockOn said:

maroonthrunthru said:

Do tell us what "it" is.
looting autonomous zone
SchizoAg
AG
RockOn said:

maroonthrunthru said:

Do tell us what "it" is.
The low-income neighborhoods where most college basketball players come from. What's your point?
Decay
AG
RockOn said:

maroonthrunthru said:

Do tell us what "it" is.
50% of Waco
Jack Cheese
AG
Nm
Jack Cheese
AG
SchizoAg said:

RockOn said:

maroonthrunthru said:

Do tell us what "it" is.
The low-income neighborhoods where most college basketball players come from. What's your point?

Just so I have this right. His comments (according to you) could be paraphrased thusly:

"We lifted it up, put this wrap on it so he can go recruit. So Scott can go pull some people out of the low-income neighborhoods where most college basketball players come from."

And that's totally cool, normal, non offensive and not laden with negative stereotypes that are probably inaccurate.
Decay
AG
This dude, Scott Drew, and Baylor in general are full of these kinds of POS. The only reason they talk to a black guy is to recruit him, tell him to stop dating their daughter, or when they see RG3.

Just so we're all on the same page.
SchizoAg
AG
Jack Cheese said:

SchizoAg said:

RockOn said:

maroonthrunthru said:

Do tell us what "it" is.

Just so I have this right. His comments (according to you) could be paraphrased thusly:

"We lifted it up, put this wrap on it so he can go recruit. So Scott can go pull some people out of the low-income neighborhoods where most college basketball players come from."

And that's totally cool, normal, non offensive and not laden with negative stereotypes that are probably inaccurate.
I'm tired of your lazy innuendos. "Not cool"? "Not normal"? Why don't you explicitly state exactly what the man said that is "offensive"?

When college basketball players talk about "growing up in the hood" are they also uncool, abnormal, offensive, and promoting inaccurate, negative stereotypes? Or is this just yet another libtard double standard, where only certain people are allowed to speak the truth, and everyone else has to deny reality, because feelings?
Jack Cheese
AG
No, it is not uncool or abnormal for a person to relate their own specific story in the terms they see fit.

It is uncool, however, to ascribe stereotypes to a whole group of people regardless of its accuracy. And to do it from the outside, not as one who experiences it.

Can you not see what is wrong with the paraphrased version of his comment, where I took his actual words and inserted your amplified definition of "hood"? Really?

Are you *sure* that "most" college basketball players are from low income neighborhoods? Or is that an invidious stereotype that you blithely toss out?

And why does lifting a jeep and putting a wrap on it supposedly appeal to those in "the hood"?

What else can we know about these low-income neighborhoods where most players supposedly come from? Cuisine, dress, etc? Do you have a mental picture of all that as well?

No innuendo. You are trafficking in stereotypes. So is the guy in the video. That's why he makes a weird face and tenses up immediately after. He knows he screwed up.
Jack Cheese
AG
Nm
Charlie 31
AG
https://www.si.com/college/2021/04/15/baylor-scott-drew-declines-jeep-car-dealer-racist-remark

https://www.kwtx.com/2021/04/14/baylor-coach-returns-vehicle-donated-by-local-dealership/

https://www.kcentv.com/article/news/local/ted-teague-apology-full-text/500-19dba7eb-a3e6-413b-990b-a28f34b255f5

Edits to correct links
Jack Cheese
AG
He apologized and seems sincere. Hopefully that is that. I'm going to shut up about it now.
SchizoAg
AG
Jack Cheese said:

SchizoAg said:

Or is this just yet another libtard double standard, where only certain people are allowed to speak the truth, and everyone else has to deny reality, because feelings?
No, it is not uncool or abnormal for a person to relate their own specific story in the terms they see fit.

It is uncool, however, to ascribe stereotypes to a whole group of people regardless of its accuracy. And to do it from the outside, not as one who experiences it.

Can you not see what is wrong with the paraphrased version of his comment, where I took his actual words and inserted your amplified definition of "hood"? Really?

Are you *sure* that "most" college basketball players are from low income neighborhoods? Or is that an invidious stereotype that you blithely toss out?

And why does lifting a jeep and putting a wrap on it supposedly appeal to those in "the hood"?

What else can we know about these low-income neighborhoods where most players supposedly come from? Cuisine, dress, etc? Do you have a mental picture of all that as well?

No innuendo. You are trafficking in stereotypes. So is the guy in the video. That's why he makes a weird face and tenses up immediately after. He knows he screwed up.
You wasted a lot of words and mental gymnastics when you could've just said "yes".
hunter2012
AG
AgCat93
AG
maroonthrunthru said:

Ghetto?
LonghornDub
Y'all ought see how stupid all of this seems to 79 year-old life long Texan.
God made the country, and man made the town. William Cowper

Potcake
AG
I hope you live near a hospital. You're about three posts away from a stroke.
Mookie
AG
I used to do business with that guy. This ****storm couldn't have happened to a more deserving person.

Karma. It's a *****.
Richard Trickle
AG
Nice try, Ted.
Kellso
Jack Cheese said:

Isn't everyone that went to Texas A&M a low class redneck from the sticks?

That is equally offensive as assuming that every black basketball player comes from the ghetto.
In todays world.....most of the best athletes come from suburban schools.

Some of these badass black athletes grew up in better neighborhoods than some of you all.
farmersfight
AG
cue the - "is it legal" thread
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.