Sip replacement song

3,314 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 19 days ago by BQ78
Ian Neff
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Once they dump "Eyes of Texas", do you have any recommendations for a replacement?

Sitting with a near 80 year old Ag who asked me. Thought I'd get suggestions here.

He put forward "Its a beautiful day in the neighborhood" sung by Mr. Rogers. Cute suggestion from an old dude.
DifferenceMaker Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"It's Raining Men"

/Thread
Ian Neff
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
DifferenceMaker Ag said:

"It's Raining Men"

/Thread


Well. That was quick.

We have a winner.
EOT
Horn2015
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We could write an entire sing about OU since they are our real rival.

But, nobody would write an entire song about nothing other than their rival. That would be a level of obsession that nobody would ever get to.
geo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I guess your current fight song DOES mention your rival???
Potcake
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
LonghornDub
How long do you want to ignore this user?
geo said:

I guess your current fight song DOES mention your rival???
Both of them. Besides you, there's the line, "OU sucks!".
I think God is on the side of the team with the biggest tackles. - Knute Rockne

Estis Tejas
AgOutsideAustin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
YMCA
skins74
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Those were the Days

Those Were The Days (Remastered 1991)
Mary Hopkin
Once upon a time there was a tavern
Where we used to raise a glass or two
Remember how we laughed away the hours
And think of all the great things we would do
Those were the days my friend
We thought they'd never end
We'd sing and dance forever and a day
We'd live the life we choose
We'd fight and never lose
For we were young and sure to have our way
La la la la la la
La la la la la la
La la la la La la la la la la
Then the busy years went rushing by us
We lost our starry notions on the way
If by chance I'd see you in the tavern
We'd smile at one another and we'd say
Those were the days my friend
We thought they'd never end
We'd sing and dance forever and a day
We'd live the life we choose
We'd fight and never lose
Those were the days, oh yes those were the
AgCat93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Macho Man - Village People
WC94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm too sexy for my shirt
TXAGBQ76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ironic you mention obsession with a non-rival- yet here you are. Your obsession with TAMU is so numerous- and still noted.
DifferenceMaker Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ian Neff said:

DifferenceMaker Ag said:

"It's Raining Men"

/Thread


Well. That was quick.

We have a winner.
EOT
The thing is, I can actually imagine their entire fanbase and student body jumping up and down in the stands singing this song while waving dildos and strap-ons. I sincerely believe that this would catch on instantly for them and would be far and away more popular that their current song.
aginlakeway
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Horn2015 said:

We could write an entire sing about OU since they are our real rival.

But, nobody would write an entire song about nothing other than their rival. That would be a level of obsession that nobody would ever get to.


What OU message boards do you post on?
JustisWalkert
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Whatever it is, Pole Assassin will dance to it.
Shoefly!
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
DifferenceMaker Ag said:

Ian Neff said:

DifferenceMaker Ag said:

"It's Raining Men"

/Thread


Well. That was quick.

We have a winner.
EOT
The thing is, I can actually imagine their entire fanbase and student body jumping up and down in the stands singing this song while waving dildos and strap-ons. I sincerely believe that this would catch on instantly for them and would be far and away more popular that their current song.

I always imagined Gaylor effeminate males singing this song.
But why not both fanbases?
DD88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
"You're So Vain"
ABATTBQ11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AgOutsideAustin said:

YMCA


Beat me to it
ABATTBQ11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Horn2015 said:

We could write an entire sing about OU since they are our real rival.

But, nobody would write an entire song about nothing other than their rival. That would be a level of obsession that nobody would ever get to.


Then why the **** are you here and not over and land theives (oh wait...) or dirt burglars?
Brian DeSpain
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Every Sip I know was rooting with all their might for OU to beat A&M in the Cotton Bowl. And were sick when Johnny and the Aggies routed the Sooners. Real rivals NEVER want their rival to win. Auburn would side with the Iranians before they would root for Alabama. So just stop with the OU is our real rival nonsense.
aginlakeway
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brian DeSpain said:

Every Sip I know was rooting with all their might for OU to beat A&M in the Cotton Bowl. And were sick when Johnny and the Aggies routed the Sooners. Real rivals NEVER want their rival to win. Auburn would side with the Iranians before they would root for Alabama. So just stop with the OU is our real rival nonsense.

This is 100% accurate.

Texas fans were rooting for OU. Aggies only even consider rooting for Texas when it directly helps the Aggies. Like Texas vs. Baylor in 1985.
McInnis80
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I can see it now. At the end of the 3rd quarter they will sing "Jump Around" in Madison, "Won't Back Down" in Gainsville, and "It's Raining Men" in Austin.
American Hardwood
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aginlakeway said:

Brian DeSpain said:

Every Sip I know was rooting with all their might for OU to beat A&M in the Cotton Bowl. And were sick when Johnny and the Aggies routed the Sooners. Real rivals NEVER want their rival to win. Auburn would side with the Iranians before they would root for Alabama. So just stop with the OU is our real rival nonsense.

This is 100% accurate.

Texas fans were rooting for OU. Aggies only even consider rooting for Texas when it directly helps the Aggies. Like Texas vs. Baylor in 1985.
In cases like this, it is NEVER rooting for the sips to win, it's rooting for the other guy to lose. I have NEVER rooted for sip to win. Ever.
aginlakeway
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
American Hardwood said:

aginlakeway said:

Brian DeSpain said:

Every Sip I know was rooting with all their might for OU to beat A&M in the Cotton Bowl. And were sick when Johnny and the Aggies routed the Sooners. Real rivals NEVER want their rival to win. Auburn would side with the Iranians before they would root for Alabama. So just stop with the OU is our real rival nonsense.

This is 100% accurate.

Texas fans were rooting for OU. Aggies only even consider rooting for Texas when it directly helps the Aggies. Like Texas vs. Baylor in 1985.
In cases like this, it is NEVER rooting for the sips to win, it's rooting for the other guy to lose. I have NEVER rooted for sip to win. Ever.

OK. Well in some cases, it is BETTER for us if Texas wins.

I love A&M more than I hate Texas.
yeshellyes
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I Wanna Be Sedated
HTownAg98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ABBA - Dancing Queen
Homesick Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
"Memories" sung by Streisand it the movie, The Way We Were!
Priorities in life-
Faith, Family, Friends and my FIGHTING TEXAS AGGIES
Round Rock AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Horn2015 said:

We could write an entire sing about OU since they are our real rival.

But, nobody would write an entire song about nothing other than their rival. That would be a level of obsession that nobody would ever get to.
From one who knows a lot about obsession.
agent-maroon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

I'm a *****, I'm a *****, oh, the ***** is back
Stone-cold sober, as a matter of fact
I can *****, I can ***** 'cause I'm better than you
It's the way that I move, the things that I do, oh-oh-oh
The ***** Is Back

cuz they're always back, right?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Rec
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I thought about this for a while and finally decided that Lightning Crashes would be the perfect song for these reasons:

1. It mentions coming back
2. It's the only song of that I know of that refers to a placenta which happens to have fallen to the floor
3. It's the number one pole dancer song ever
Horn2015
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ABATTBQ11 said:

Horn2015 said:

We could write an entire sing about OU since they are our real rival.

But, nobody would write an entire song about nothing other than their rival. That would be a level of obsession that nobody would ever get to.


Then why the **** are you here and not over and land theives (oh wait...) or dirt burglars?


Aggie is hilarious. You can't get entertainment like this anywhere. Real life examples of all the Aggie jokes and stereotypes are on display right here.

It's great.
Martin Cash
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
De Camptown Ladies
JustisWalkert
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UW8suiJ-lDI&ab_channel=GregoryThomas
Ag_B_10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
DD88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That's just the way it is. Some things will never change.



Page 1 of 2
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.