Big XII 7 teams dancing, SEC 6

15,926 Views | 94 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Reno Hightower
Ag for Life
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Muy said:

What's the update on BDF vs SEC teams remaining?
SEC - 2

Alabama
Arkansas

B12 - 1

Baylor
jamieboy2014
AG
ttu_85 said:

Big 12-0 said:

Discuss, and please, keep it civilized...
Couple of things:

Make a note of where on texags you are.
Note the posting environment and history.
Note your target audience.
Note your topic.

Now manage your expectations.

Finally, leave Texags because you're a troll who belongs on either a sip board or raider rash board. Why bother being pathetic on here when you can thrive in the deluded echo chamber of your big-12 peers?
FIFY
If your username is jickyjack1, Shooter McGavin, proudaggie02, txrancher69, or Rick Deckard... don't bother responding. You won't offer anything insightful.
Agsuffering@bulaw
Not looking good for the BDF. Basically the SEC has handled business, the BDF has not.

Record in Games they should have won (higher seed, but not 8v9)

SEC: 5-2
BDF: 6-5

Record in Games they should have lost (lower seed, but not 8v9)

SEC: 0-1
BDF: 0-1

Record in 8v9 and play-in games

SEC: 1-1
BDF: 1-0
JunctionNephew
ACU says hi.

Gator Bait
“I can’t die....God doesn’t want me yet and the devil has a restraining order against me.”
PneumAg
Horn2015 said:

PneumAg said:

Basketball is stupid. Who gives a ****

It's OK Aggie. It's hard for a college at the level of Aggie to be good at more than one real sport. Your men's basketball and baseball programs are garbage, but that's to be expected because you are decent at football. Now, you've actually win nothing, but you did get a nice participation gift with a high end of year ranking.

Congrats on that wonderful achievement!!

Now your coach gets poached by Marquette. What an embarrassment.
TheCougarHunter
AG
Abilene Christian!

Ha!
Artimus Gordon
So when is Chris beard gonna get hooked up with the horns? Are they going to announce it during the Baylor/Arkansas elite 8 basketball game?
Carlo4
AG
Somehow, the PAC has 3 teams in the elite 8.
McInnis80
Carlo4 said:

Somehow, the PAC has 3 teams in the elite 8.
Conference of Champions! Actually it's good to see anyone west of the Mississippi (besides Kansas) get any national media. Especially after the lover fest with the B1G this year.
levypantsEOY
Agsuffering@bulaw said:

Not looking good for the BDF. Basically the SEC has handled business, the BDF has not.

Record in Games they should have won (higher seed, but not 8v9)

SEC: 5-2
BDF: 6-5

Record in Games they should have lost (lower seed, but not 8v9)

SEC: 0-1
BDF: 0-1

Record in 8v9 and play-in games

SEC: 1-1
BDF: 1-0

Post did not age well. Also tough to throw stones in the glass house that Buzz built.
Horn2015
PneumAg said:

Horn2015 said:

PneumAg said:

Basketball is stupid. Who gives a ****

It's OK Aggie. It's hard for a college at the level of Aggie to be good at more than one real sport. Your men's basketball and baseball programs are garbage, but that's to be expected because you are decent at football. Now, you've actually win nothing, but you did get a nice participation gift with a high end of year ranking.

Congrats on that wonderful achievement!!

Now your coach gets poached by Marquette. What an embarrassment.

Lol at Aggie. I understand a program such as Aggie not understanding the concept of high expectations. If Aggie just makes the tournament, that's a huge accomplishment.

But, he knows he's not meeting the high expectations of The University of Texas and his seat is getting warm.

It's good for us in that we don't have to buy him out.
Agsuffering@bulaw
Quote:

Post did not age well. Also tough to throw stones in the glass house that Buzz built.

No, you just missed it. The BDF did not live up to its hype as a conference. That was OP's jiveazz premise. The stats have refuted it. The SEC at least handled business. Baylor may win it all, but the conference is still overhyped.

SEC finishes at 6-3 in games we should have won* (67%)
BDF is at 7-5 in games they should have won (58%)

The best the BDF can finish is 64% in games they should have won.

*Should have won means lower seed should beat higher seed, but excludes 8v9 games b/c they are typically evenly matched.
levypantsEOY
Games a team "should have won" is probably the weirdest stat I have ever seen used in an argument in my entire life. What does that even mean? Who cares if they should have won or not- DID they win/ are they STILL in it is the only thing that matters. The BDF has a team in still in the playoffs. The SEC has none. And at the end of the day even that doesn't matter- all anyone remembers is the champion.
Agsuffering@bulaw
I already answered your questions in previous posts
Caesar4
AG
levypantsEOY said:

And at the end of the day even that doesn't matter- all anyone remembers is the champion.

lol, not for me, not even close. Off the top of my head, I couldn't tell you who won last year (Superbowl, MLB, NCAABaseball, etc.). Just don't give a flip.

I better remember upsets, though.

• UNI defeated sips on a half-court shot at the buzzer.
  • Ags come back down double-digits with just a min or so to beat that same UNI team.
  • ACU sent the sips home.

Just Saying
Agsuffering@bulaw said:

Quote:

No, you just missed it. The BDF did not live up to its hype as a conference. That was OP's jiveazz premise. The stats have refuted it. The SEC at least handled business. Baylor may win it all, but the conference is still overhyped.

SEC finishes at 6-3 in games we should have won* (67%)
BDF is at 7-5 in games they should have won (58%)

The best the BDF can finish is 64% in games they should have won.

*Should have won means lower seed should beat higher seed, but excludes 8v9 games b/c they are typically
Under your rules, what were the 5 loses by the BDF?
Just Saying
Ag for Life said:

Muy said:

SEC - 2

Alabama
Arkansas

B12 - 1

Baylor
Makes sense, now let's update it...

Final Four

SEC - 0

B12 - 1

Championship Game

SEC - 0

B12 - 1
Horn2015
levypantsEOY said:

Games a team "should have won" is probably the weirdest stat I have ever seen used in an argument in my entire life. What does that even mean? Who cares if they should have won or not- DID they win/ are they STILL in it is the only thing that matters. The BDF has a team in still in the playoffs. The SEC has none. And at the end of the day even that doesn't matter- all anyone remembers is the champion.

It's OK. This is Aggie you are dealing with. Just remember....from the outside, you can't understand it. (That was a line that Aggie brags about, by the way)
LeagueCityAg
AG
Not surprised to see you piggybacking off of Baylor's success. You sound exactly like Sark.
Just Saying
DFWnation said:

Not surprised to see you piggybacking off of Baylor's success. You sound exactly like Sark.

I'm just following the logic used by the Aggies above to piggyback off the SEC.
LeagueCityAg
AG
I definitely wasn't talking about you... unless this is Horn2015's alt account. Also, last time I checked, the Aggie football Twitter account isn't the one taking credit for all of SABAN's accomplishments.
Just Saying
DFWnation said:

I definitely wasn't talking about you... unless this is Horn2015's alt account. Also, last time I checked, the Aggie football Twitter account isn't the one taking credit for all of SABAN's accomplishments.
Cool, I have no connection with Horn2015.
wbt5845
AG
one way you know your school is a failure is when you start piggybacking off anything Baylor does.
Bullpen Chias
AG
Just Saying said:

Ag for Life said:

Muy said:

SEC - 2

Alabama
Arkansas

B12 - 1

Baylor
Makes sense, now let's update it...

Final Four

SEC - 0

B12 - 1

Championship Game

SEC - 0

B12 - 1

Now do one for CWS
TXAGBQ76
AG
7 dumpster fire teams sitting on the couch watching two SEC teams play for the CWS Championship. Some things just never change.
Reno Hightower
Boundyball. Pffth. Whatever

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.