What are your thoughts on Texas Tech Football?

10,169 Views | 131 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Techsan_02
Big 12-0
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Serious discussion only.

Begin.
Potcake
AG
Contradiction in terms
AgCat93
AG
My thoughts on Texas Tech football?

Non-existent.
RockOn
who?
greg.w.h
AG
Basketball on brown grass...
Madman
AG
Texas Tech football died on December 28th 2009. At the time I didn't really care.

But now I think y'all should look into restarting the program and fielding a team again. It might be amusing.
Maroon Dawn
AG
The best part about being in the SEC is that you forget tardtown even exists
DatTallArchitect
AG
That's a hard program to sell to good recruits. Bad location. Bad conference. Bad academics (although, this could be a positive for some recruits).
AgBQ-00
AG
They will have to find a coach that is the draw. Really is a hard place to recruit to unless they have something that sets them apart from the rest of the bdf texas schools
AgLaw02
AG
I haven't thought about them at all since we left the BDF. It's been great.
JWinTX
I couldn't even tell you who their coach is anymore. Literally don't care anything about them and think that they should never be an opponent ever again. Same with Baylor.
West Point Aggie
AG
They've managed to suck hard at a time (post 2011) when the conference went into the s***ter...I mean Iowa freakin State went to the conference title game!

They should have lobbied hard to be the sips permanent tday opponent...instead they have no true rival...OSU as OU, tu has OU, bayLOL has tcu, ku has ksu and isu has iu...the tards are left flapping in the dry and dusty wasteland that is lubbutt...

Our rivalry with tech is dead! A&M should never ever agree to play at their place...ever!
Let’s Go Brandon!
TXAGBQ76
AG
No thoughts whatsoever.
LOYAL AG
AG
Tech is in danger of being left behind if there's another significant realignment. Whereas sip completely misread our ability to get out of their shadow Tech will find they have no options that don't include riding tu's coattails. Even then the academics are a problem because the two most likely landing places aren't going to be thrilled to include Tech.

In the short term the only way we see the BDF disband this decade is if tu let's go of the LHN which I think becomes more likely by the day. The interesting thing here is that the decision probably has to be made in 2021 since the bigger rights deals for the BDF renew in 3-4 years. Those negotiations start soon and the league needs to know what is selling.

For Tech the best outcome is to land in the PAC with tu, OU and OSU. B1G won't take them just to get sip. They need to be lobbying tu to drop the network and renew the push for a move westward. Long term that's the only way Tech stays in the P5. If they can't engineer that outcome they may find themselves in the G5 offering 2:1 or 3:1 away: home deals to the Aggies and whorns.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
BohunkAg
AG
Big 12-0 said:

Serious discussion only.

Begin.

I thought you had passed
Jack Cheese
AG
Tech has a big time AD who has done phenomenally well with basketball and baseball hires. Matt Wells is looking like a dud, though. I liked the hire at the time, thought he might actually build a team around defense, but there are no signs of life. This past recruiting class was the death knell for Wells.

It's sad. I want Tech to steamroll the BDF because I hate all those other schools (except maybe Okie St or TCU) so much. I want to see tu and OU embarrassed.

But Tech has such a high hill to climb now. It's worse now than at any time since the 70s or early 80s. Sorry bro.
Potcake
AG
DatTallArchitect said:

That's a hard program to sell to good recruits. Bad location. Bad conference. Bad academics (although, this could be a positive for some recruits).

Worked for Byron Hanspard.
TXAG 05
AG
Hope they lose every game they play. F em.
ABATTBQ11
AG
They suck. EOT.
TXAGBQ76
AG
And Cheryl Swopes
dermdoc
AG
I had completely forgotten about those "lovely" trips to Lubbock until this thread.

Thanks for nothing.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
West Point Aggie
AG
dermdoc said:

I had completely forgotten about those "lovely" trips to Lubbock until this thread.

Thanks for nothing.

At least you were bold enough to venture there...not even a free pair of tickets and transportation to and from would have lured me there...luckily that is all moot now!

(Admittedly there are few away places I'd go even now...red stick has taken the place of lubbutt)
Let’s Go Brandon!
JWinTX
LSU Football fans are what Tech fans would be if they were really good at football. 2008 proved that.
West Point Aggie
AG
JWinTX said:

LSU Football fans are what Tech fans would be if they were really good at football. 2008 proved that.

Yikes...yeah that's not a good look!
Let’s Go Brandon!
thejavelina
Tech should have dumped Wells as soon as Malzahn was available.
RAB87
AG
They're gonna beat Seven Win Sark this year.
LonghornDub
I think TT football produces more NFL QB's and fewer victories than most universities.
God made the country, and man made the town. William Cowper

dixichkn
AG
Potcake said:

DatTallArchitect said:

Worked for Byron Hanspard.
If you racked up a 0.00 at TECH of all places.......you're doing worse than not trying
corybantic
Tech is in a very difficult place football-wise.

Even if the stars all aligned where tceh had a very good coach and tu/land thieves sucked more than usual, the recruits way out performed their ranking and tceh had a decent schedule, the tu/land-thieves who run your conference would keep you from winning too much. You would never be allowed to threaten their "dynasties". The DMN, a subsidiary of the tu athletic dept., would have front page investigations into any and all possible infractions.

The small private schools of the bdf know their place. Win occasionally, parrot their daddies talking points and cash the checks. Tceh is large enough but the location problems and conference affiliation make winning the bdf a black swan event.

A grim view of tceh football but CFB is always changing. I know nothing about tceh fb specifics but I think they'd be a better in conference of other mid-level programs without ahole dynasty programs. Then find a good coach who wants to be there. Profit
Redstone
AG
The future is Lobos and Aggies.

Which is fine. I personally appreciate regional rivalries.

TXAGBQ76
AG
How can you have a serious discussion about a joke. Super ugly and bad indeed!
Ag83
AG
Thoughts on dirt monkey football:

carl spacklers hat
Don't have any.
AgDotCom
thejavelina said:

Tech should have dumped Wells as soon as Malzahn was available.
I guess Tech is still butthurt the last Auburn connection used Tech as a stepping stone to the Cincinnati job, and made his epic departure from a restaurant leaving his two recruits sitting there with their dicks in their hand.
LeagueCityAg
AG
They're irrelevant. They think we are still rivals, but we don't really think about them at all anymore.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.