How long before Sark is asked about renewing the rivalry?

3,265 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Rec
StrykerAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is it a requirement for new sip coaches to talk about the non-rival occupying some tiny sliver of East Texas?
You'd think they'd focus more on catching up to arch-rival OU and mighty Iowa State.

Quote:

Sarkisian is Texas' fourth coach since Mack Brown resigned in 2013. The Longhorns have the history, tradition and resources to be among the sport's elite, but have struggled to return to that spot. Tom Herman went 32-18 in four seasons and was fired after going 7-3 this season with losses to Oklahoma, TCU and Iowa State.

And while he's a California native whose Texas experience consists mainly of playing in a Cotton Bowl as a BYU player, he said he got the message pretty quickly.

"I know not to go thumbs up and it's Hook 'Em," Sarkisian said, in reference to Texas A&M's "Gig 'Em" sign. "I know that much, so let's start with that. And I know it's Texas first before the other schools, so those two things jumped out at me today."

Crazy how since at least 2015, Texas has been the 'most talented' team in the Big 12 every single season, while TCU, Baylor, WVU, ISU, TTU, KSU, KU have all consistently been below schools like Kentucky, Miss State, and Vanderbilt in the talent composite. Yet the sips have no Big 12 titles and only 1 title game appearance to show for it.
West Point Aggie
AG
Already happened...super predictable...will happen again many times...

Jimbo will get asked too...

There will be many articles rehashing the same old tired arguments, with Sarkisian taking the place of Herman in the regurgitated text...

There will be claims of being afraid...

There will be claims of the fabric of the state continuing to unravel

There will be claims that EVERYONE apparently wants it back

Both ADs will be asked to comment...

Twitter battles will be fought over it...

The long offseason has begun!
Jack Cheese
AG
Fourth coach? Did they have an interim in there somewhere?
DatTallArchitect
AG
Jack Cheese said:

Strong, Herman, Meyer, Sark. That's four
W
AG
with Alabama, Michigan, and Ohio State on the sips' schedule from 2022 to 2027...

probably not going to hear much about "renewing the rivalry"

t.u. doesn't want to play Bama and A&M in the same season
immortal_kumquat
What's the over/ under on how long it takes for the sweatshirt lineup picture to be posted in this thread?
Sniffing Accountant
AG
DatTallArchitect said:

Jack Cheese said:

It's actually five: Saban, Strong, Herman, Meyer, Sark
up-n-aTm
AG
StrykerAg said:

Quote:

"And I know it's Texas first before the other schools"

WTF does this even mean? I guess the brainwashing indoctrination of "We're Texas" has begun.
Flying Crowbar
AG
Maybe it's in regard to who gets left out of the CFB playoff discussion.
Tom Doniphon
What rivalry? Those dildo wavers are tcu's rival.
rootube
AG
Congratulations coach Sark. Here is your welcome packet with important talking points. You will notice that there is a new section about our fight song which everyone loves and nobody thinks is racist. Good luck and the eyes if Texas are upon you, but you know not in a racist way.
Flashdiaz
AG
i'm sure that response was in the coaching FAQ they give out to new head coaches.
bryanhome
up-n-aTm said:

StrykerAg said:

Quote:

WTF does this even mean? I guess the brainwashing indoctrination of "We're Texas" has begun.
Herman sometimes called Red River game OU/Texas.
AgDotCom
rootube said:

Congratulations coach Sark. Here is your welcome packet with important talking points. You will notice that there is a new section about our fight song which everyone loves and nobody thinks is racist. Good luck and the eyes if Texas are upon you, but you know not in a racist way.

I'm laughing at your commentary, it is dead solid balls on. I can almost hear CDC briefing him.

Also, big props to the OP, he nailed it the day before it happened.
Caesar4
AG
up-n-aTm said:

StrykerAg said:

Quote:

My interpretation is:
  • Sip matters more than BDF as a whole and individual BDF members goes without saying. Further, if sips can leverage (step on, poison, etc) BDF to get ahead, even better.
StrykerAg
AG
AgDotCom said:

rootube said:

I'm laughing at your commentary, it is dead solid balls on. I can almost hear CDC briefing him.

Also, big props to the OP, he nailed it the day before it happened.

Like ****ing clockwork
Canyon99
rootube said:

Good luck and the eyes if Texas are upon you, but you know not in a racist way.

The media is roasting him like he is Sark after dark in a white hood with a burning cross. Yikes.
Jack Squat 83
AG
DatTallArchitect said:

Jack Cheese said:

They never hired Meyer, dummy. They only strung him along and dumped him as soon as Sark finally agreed to get on board. THE University got their man like they always do.
Pretty sure most of you don’t know me.
MROD92
Jack Squat 83 said:

DatTallArchitect said:

Jack Cheese said:

They never hired Meyer, dummy. They only strung him along and dumped him as soon as Sark finally agreed to get on board. THE University got their man like they always do.

If there's ONE thing I know about tu.....they get men
Madman
AG
Canyon99 said:

rootube said:

Good luck and the eyes if Texas are upon you, but you know not in a racist way.

The media is roasting him like he is Sark after dark in a white hood with a burning cross. Yikes.

Got a link? I need a laugh.
CoachtobeNamed$$$
up-n-aTm said:

StrykerAg said:

Quote:

Probably means the hell with the conference. It's all about tu and creating advantages within.
Rec
AG
Just when I thought that they were getting themselves together and getting rid of a well know clown, they totally redeem themselves and hire Bozo himself
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.