A&M hasn't finished in Top 3 since.....

5,260 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BronkNagurski
wbt5845
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
In progress.

Horn2015
Congrats to Aggie for finishing in the top 5. Looking at your past, it's incredible for Aggie to even finish ranked, so this #4 finish is great. Maybe soon Aggie will win a conference. 22 years is a long time without a conference title.

It's difficult for fans of The University of Texas to really grasp Aggie expectations. We expect hardware. We fired our coach who finishes with a bowl win and a final ranking of #19. He's had plenty of time to win something. But, if course, we've been there before. We know what true success is.

So, for Aggie it's one step at a time. I'm sure one day Aggie will be playing for something. I know the "wait until next year" hope is alive and well at Aggie.

Congrats on a final top 5 ranking!!!
03_Aggie
Horn2015 said:

Congrats to Aggie for finishing in the top 5. Looking at your past, it's incredible for Aggie to even finish ranked, so this #4 finish is great. Maybe soon Aggie will win a conference. 22 years is a long time without a conference title.

It's difficult for fans of The University of Texas to really grasp Aggie expectations. We expect hardware. We fired our coach who finishes with a bowl win and a final ranking of #19. He's had plenty of time to win something. But, if course, we've been there before. We know what true success is.

So, for Aggie it's one step at a time. I'm sure one day Aggie will be playing for something. I know the "wait until next year" hope is alive and well at Aggie.

Let's be honest, it's difficult for fans of Texas to grasp much of anything. Except maybe straws.
Madman
AG
Well they seem to have no problems grasping dildos.
HeyMoe
AG
Quote:

Maybe soon Aggie will win a conference. 22 years is a long time without a conference title

You're right.

We should put together our own pet conference, staff the office with lackies, make sure we have the lion's share of the conference money and clout, and what the hell, put together our own TV network.

That should guarantee a conference title or two, right?
Heisenberg01
AG
Tom Herman didn't get fired because of his record this year. He got fired because your cesspool fan base get pissed the players wouldn't sing your racist song at the end of the OU game.
Madman
AG
It's a rich tapestry of reasons really. A&M's on field success is certainly threaded through the entire fabric.

Join me on PBS as I discuss other topics with equally worn out and embarrassing phrases.
BQ_90
AG
Horn2015 said:

You're spending tens of millions of dollars in new coaches to catch Iowa State and TCU. You're fans know deep down you'll never catch OU. That is the sip reality. The Alamo Bowl is your new mountain top.
wyoag93
AG
Going off of memory here, but A&M has been in the SEC for 9 seasons now. 5 of those 9 seasons, the 2nd place SEC team has finished ranked above the BDF champion. I think there was one or two seasons when the 3rd place SEC finished ranked above the BDF champ.
E_TX_Ag12
Heisenberg01 said:

Tom Herman didn't get fired because of his record this year. He got fired because your cesspool fan base get pissed the players wouldn't sing your racist song at the end of the OU game.
Not trying to defend them, but what's racist about that song?
Tom Doniphon
How I picture whorn15... such a ******.

LtZogg
Horn2015 said:

Meanwhile, you're stuck in Oklahoma's Dojo!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
ghollow
AG
Horn2015 said:

He is just showing the frustration that most 'sips who care about football are having right now. DeLoss led them down a path that they thought would be a permanent path to the college football promised land. Instead it lead them to the biggest dumpster in college football history. They are SO jealous of 'bama and Saban. They think that because of their money and arrogance that they should be where 'bama is right now. Got rid of the coach that gave them a taste of what could be and is currently ahead of them in the polls with a team he has been coaching for only 3 years. A team that was already in the dumpster when he took over. They have made two really bad coaching hires that have just dragged them further and further into the dumpster. Their football program has turned into such a cesspool that most coaches won't even give them the time of day regardless of the money they offer.

Meanwhile, back in 2012 big brother told them to f*** off. The move to the SEC was one of the greatest decisions that has ever been made in college football. Three years ago, we hired Jimbo to take us to a National Championship. People thought we were crazy for spending the money on Jimbo. Those same people spent most of this year talking about what a good decision it was at the time. He has us currently ranked #4 in the nation and 2nd in the SEC. The future continues to shine bright.

The 'sips can't stand the fact that A&M is doing so well since leaving the BDF. They have continued to work their way down in spite of all their money, their own network, control of their own conference and every other failed attempt they have made to change the path they are currently on. We live rent free in their heads 24/7/365. They claim the blowU is their chief rival. Yet, if you look on every 'sip football forum on the net, the A&M topics are the largest ones on the page. On top of that, they continue to take a beating from blowU year after year. Their conference has become the laughing stock of P5 college football. The years that they do let blowU in the CFP, they get blown out by one of the other more powerful conferences. They can't stand the fact that Texas A&M has become the premier university in the state and continues to dominate them in almost every way possible.
So the greatest civilization is one where all citizens are equally armed and can only be persuaded, never forced. It removes force from the equation... and that's why carrying a gun is a civilized act.
Horn2015
HeyMoe said:

Quote:

Maybe soon Aggie will win a conference. 22 years is a long time without a conference title

You're right.

We should put together our own pet conference, staff the office with lackies, make sure we have the lion's share of the conference money and clout, and what the hell, put together our own TV network.

Wow. Aggie really does believe that The University of Texas is strong and powerful.
Horn2015
BQ_90 said:

Horn2015 said:

You're spending tens of millions of dollars in new coaches to catch Iowa State and TCU. You're fans know deep down you'll never catch OU. That is the sip reality. The Alamo Bowl is your new mountain top.

One day, Aggie may be in a situation where "tens of millions" doesn't phase you.
Tom Doniphon
So powerful you're relegated to hiring OCs as head coaches and haven't won **** in a decade.
BQ_90
AG
Horn2015 said:

BQ_90 said:

Horn2015 said:

One day, Aggie may be in a situation where "tens of millions" doesn't phase you.
half billion for a stadium, 75 million for HC. We aren't phased.

Again you're spending 10s of millions to catch Iowa State.

I'm not shocked you can't understand that, a UT Tyler degree just isn't what it used to be.

Enjoy those Alamo Bowls, that's is only future you sips have.
Shoefly!
AG
Hey thanks for the congrats sip, now f off!
UTExan
Horn2015 said:

First natty for A&M: 1939
Think about it.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
Mathguy64
AG
Tom Doniphon said:

This is more like it.

HeyMoe
AG
Horn2015 said:

HeyMoe said:

Quote:

You're right.

Wow. Aggie really does believe that The University of Texas is strong and powerful.
No, actually we believe that you drive a top-of-the-line Range Rover that you hang Truck Nutz off the back of....
ABATTBQ11
AG
03_Aggie said:

Horn2015 said:

Let's be honest, it's difficult for fans of Texas to grasp much of anything. Except maybe straws.

They can grasp any phallic object with ease
achooooo
Wow, horn2015. You sit down and write crap as if your school is a power house?! One National Championship in 50 years?
2004FIGHTINTXAG
Typical sip with zero self awareness.
kb2001
AG
Tom Doniphon said:

So powerful you're relegated to hiring OCs as head coaches and haven't won **** in a decade.
Let's be real, that was a lateral move for Sark
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Horn2015 said:

BQ_90 said:

Horn2015 said:

Ags have received on average $10,000,000 more each year since joining the SEC. So tiresome!
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
West Point Aggie
West Point Aggie
AG
Not only are we making more money (or close to it) than the sips...we have out-performed them almost every year since joining the SEC, have as good or better facilities...in a clearly better conference. The fact that that stings them to no end, is delightful beyond words!
wyoag93
AG
The craziest stat to me is that Texas has only won the BDF 3 times compared to Oklahoma's 14...in 25 seasons of conference existence. As much as the media blows Texas, you would think it's the other way around. No other conference has been dominated by one team like the BDF over the last 25 years. And no other school has spent as much money as Texas over that span. They can poke fun of A&M all they want, but that's some piss poor management of resources right there.
hockeyag
AG
Math guy, that can't be a photo of a horn fan...still has shoe laces.
BronkNagurski
Tom Doniphon said:

Not the look of a dude who just got a lapdance from #poleassassin.
More like a bloface!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.