How is Sark going to handle the Eyes of Texas question?

2,555 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by UTExan
Joe Schillaci 48
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Asking for a friend.
hbkyle
AG
He'll tell everyone to have a drink and relax. It works for him.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
He's already canceled the Eyes and replaced it with AC/DC's Have a Drink On Me.
rebag00
AG
The band will be playing "One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer" by George Thorogood at halftime.
aggiejim70
AG
rebag00 said:

The band will be playing "One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer" by George Thorogood at halftime.
Does t.u. play Rice any time soon. If so, whatcha wanna bet the MOB is working on that already.
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
rebag00
AG
Seems like they play Rice every couple years. I wouldn't put anything past the MOB. They can be pretty ruthless. However...I doubt they do this.

Obviously this is all in jest - I hope Sark is able to stay sober through his time in Austin. I don't think he is going to be successful, but I don't think his addiction will be of any consequence.
McInnis80
Realistically, this should be handled by the AD and the University President. You have a number of vocal students and players who see the song as racist. Then you have a large number of alums who see "The Eyes" as the something that reminds them of 4-5 years on campus.

It's a dumb song and the lyrics are really creepy, but it their song. If Sark was smart, I would think he got a commitment from CDC to resolve the issue.
Dominion Caracas Branch
McInnis80 said:

Realistically, this should be handled by the AD and the University President. You have a number of vocal students and players who see the song as racist. Then you have a large number of alums who see "The Eyes" as the something that reminds them of 4-5 years on campus.

It's a dumb song and the lyrics are really creepy, but it their song. If Sark was smart, I would think he got a commitment from CDC to resolve the issue.
This. Putting it in on Sark is putting him in a no win situation. Let CDC be the bad guy either way.
Artimus Gordon
Just change the lyrics to, " the flies of texas are upon you.......". The players won't recognize it!
lil_frog8
AG
He plays dumb and says "I will have to wait to chime in on this as it happened before I got here so I will default to the AD on this one!"
ABATTBQ11
AG
AgOutsideAustin said:

S.O.B. by Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats
AggieBand2004
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

AgOutsideAustin said:

S.O.B. by Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats

Chubby Tom Hanks has some good music
UTExan
The namesake of Sark's Alma mater publicly advocated slavery: hope that helps recruiting.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.