It's hilarious how much tu ****ed themselves.

8,464 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by aTmAg
aTmAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm convinced that if they had treated Mack Brown better and give him the send off he deserved, then tu would be one of the top coaching jobs in the country right now.

Instead because "we're Texas", they fired a guy who had a 76.7% winning percentage (and 65.8% in his last 3 years) and replaced him with 2 guys who got 43.2% and 64% respectively. Good job, morons.

If they had let Mack Brown coach 2 more years, beat Daryll Royal's win record and let him announce his future retirement at the beginning of the 2015 season, then top coaches would have been clamoring to be the next 18 year career coach there.

Instead they screwed him and gave both subsequent coaches only 3-4 years to win enough. I'm surprised that Sarkisian lacked enough self respect to take that job.
SECond2noneAgs
AG
They're not known as Dildo U for nothing
Tom Doniphon
Quote:

I'm surprised that Sarkisian lacked enough self respect to take that job.

Maybe they caught him when he wasn't in the right frame of mind....
FJB
Ag1985
They are panicking and reacting to us. When Sumlin arrived with WRTS, and Mack declined just a bit, they rushed to hire a black coach.

Now that we have Jimbo, they tried to get Urban, one of a very few coaches of that stature.

Once they tried to lure Urban, Herman read the writing on the wall and tried to leave for SC. At that point, the relationship was fractured beyond repair, and a change had to be made.

It all comes back to them reacting to our success.
Jimbo4win
AG
Ag1985 said:

They are panicking and reacting to us. When Sumlin arrived with WRTS, and Mack declined just a bit, they rushed to hire a black coach.

Now that we have Jimbo, they tried to get Urban, one of a very few coaches of that stature.

Once they tried to lure Urban, Herman read the writing on the wall and tried to leave for SC. At that point, the relationship was fractured beyond repair, and a change had to be made.

This * 10000000
Madman
AG
The really good news here is that the sips will still be digging the hole they find themselves in deeper for many more years.
coolerguy12
AG
SECond2noneAgs said:

They're not known as Dildo U for nothing

A name they worked hard to earn and wear it with pride.
Scrap Iron Ag
AG
Jimbo4win said:

Ag1985 said:

This * 10000000

* another 1000000000.

And then they announce the new coach on the day of A&M's big bowl win to try to distract from it. Seems some years back they did something very similar to that, maybe the Herman hire? It's all so pathetic.
Artimus Gordon
I don't think Sark knows what he is getting into. At Bama all sark had to answer to was saban, who took any heat delivered by the fan base.

At texas Sark has to answer to a bunch of half-wit reporters and a whack a doodle fan base. He has had a problem with the bottle before at his Other stops. I hope he can find a good AA focus group! Heck urban Meyer with his past fly the coop mentality when the going gets tough had the good sense to stay away from that place!!
AggieVictor10
AG
Madman said:

The really good news here is that the sips will still be digging the hole they find themselves in deeper for many more years.

tamc91
AG
I live in the Austin area, so thought I'd listen to their sports radio propganda show.

The spin was definitely on full speed. The talking heads hit on:
1. Loved that they got air time during and after Aggie game against Mack. Failed to mention we beat his 13th ranked Tarheels.
2. They seem to love the redemption story of giving Sark a 2nd chance.
3. Said if they can't have Saban, Sark is the next best option!
4. Listed a few of Herman's mistakes, including being in the middle of and partially causing the recent "eyes of Texas" PR mess. I didn't realize Tom was being blamed for tu's left wing surge, but it appears that was one of their main gripes.

They're doing mental backflips to justify the firing / hiring. All good!
TPS_Report
AG
tamc91 said:

I live in the Austin area, so thought I'd listen to their sports radio propganda show.

The spin was definitely on full speed. The talking heads hit on:
1. Loved that they got air time during and after Aggie game against Mack. Failed to mention we beat his 13th ranked Tarheels.
2. They seem to love the redemption story of giving Sark a 2nd chance.
3. Said if they can't have Saban, Sark is the next best option!
4. Listed a few of Herman's mistakes, including being in the middle of and partially causing the recent "eyes of Texas" PR mess. I didn't realize Tom was being blamed for tu's left wing surge, but it appears that was one of their main gripes.

They're doing mental backflips to justify the firing / hiring. All good!

The claim is that CDC told Herman all players were expected to gather for TEOT but Herman told players they could bail if they wanted. The result was Sam standing all alone for TEOT.
HTownAg98
Damn near anyone could coach that Alabama offense. Just look how much talent went in last year's draft. Both Jeudy and Ruggs left early as Juniors, and saw significant action in the NFL this season. Tua is starting in Miami (though it's been some tough sledding for him). One of the receivers this year is a Heisman finalist (Devonta Smith), and Jaylen Waddle would have been a Heisman finalist had he played all season. And then there's Najee Harris. If you put Jeudy, Ruggs, Smith, Waddle, and Harris on an NFL roster right now, it would be the best skill position group in the entire NFL. That's insane. Using Sark's success at Alabama is woefully misleading because a monkey humping a football could run that offense and get them to a national title game.

There's a reason Saban assistants don't beat Saban, and it's not because of coaching. Saban gets better talent than anyone else and coaches it up.

PhatMack19
AG
They are excited

BQ_90
AG
PhatMack19 said:

They are excited

shelbys99
If strong was a 40% winner, and Herman was a 60% winner...
Sarkisian should at best only be an 80% winner.

That means they fired Brown to be worse...

HahahahA
Ugly
AG
PhatMack19 said:

They are excited

Texas trying to hire the entire Alabama offensive staff outside of the RB coach if the rumors are true.

Fixed it.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Let's not forget they extended his contract while lowering his buyout with the intention of firing him.
Aggie Joe 93
AG
shelbys99 said:

If strong was a 40% winner, and Herman was a 60% winner...
Sarkisian should at best only be an 80% winner.

That means they fired Brown to be worse...

HahahahA

Dang. That means they just need to fire Sark and hire someone else and that person will be a 100% winner!

We're dooooooooooooooooooooooomed.
BBAg74
AG
Madman said:

You know what they say, the only difference between a hole and a grave is.......depth.
aTmAg said:

... one of the top coaching jobs in the country right now.

What is your list of the "top coaching jobs in the country right now"?

My opinion is that there are 15 or so "top" jobs but I'm curious as to what you believe.
"So long as an opinion is strongly rooted in the feelings, it gains rather than loses in stability by having a preponderating weight of argument against it."

- John Stuart Mill, 1869
Rec
AG
tu isn't even in the top 25 buddy
Rec
AG
Ok maybe top 25 but for all the boofing going on not top 15 by any stretch no how many horn dollars are involved.
Rec said:

What are the top 15 or 25 college jobs?
"So long as an opinion is strongly rooted in the feelings, it gains rather than loses in stability by having a preponderating weight of argument against it."

- John Stuart Mill, 1869
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
33 said:

aTmAg said:

My opinion is that there are 15 or so "top" jobs but I'm curious as to what you believe.

I know you didn't ask me but I'll chime in. I think the top jobs currently are:

#1 tOSU
-multiple coaches have played in a national title game here over past 20 years. Says more about the job than the coaches IMO. They recruit nationally and have little competition in the Big10. Strong support from the school and a rabid alumni base.

#2 bama
-more like 1b. I give tOSU job (emphasis on job)the edge due to sustained success despite having turnover in coaches. Saban has laid such a good foundation that they probably will always be good especially if they money whip dabo into coming home

- big gap-

#3 LSU
- LSU has a talent well that never seems to run dry and if Les Miles and Ed O can win a title at your school, it's a good job. It's got a gap between the other two because they like to penny pinch some on the athletic side.

#4 USC
-when they have a coach with charisma, they recruit nationally and recruit at a high level. Have very little competition. Good support from the school but an apathetic alumni base compared to other premium schools

#5 Notre Dame
-you consistently get the benefit of the doubt allowing you to have chances in the post season you wouldn't have at other programs. Can nationally recruit

# 6 OU
-provides great resources to their coaches, can recruit well, any coach who's decent can win there as long as your name isn't John Blake, Gomer Jones and Lewie Hardage (only 3 coaches to coach there and finish with a sub 500 record since the 1890s)

#7 Florida
-they're always serious contenders to win the East depau

#8 Auburn
-if gene chizek and Senator Pine Box can win a title here, anybody can. 3 different coaches have succeeded here in the last twenty years. They always seem to have a ton of talent and their meddling boosters is one of the reasons they're not ranked higher.

#9 Georgia
-having trouble winning a title but always recruits well no matter who is coaching there, has played for a title recently, tons of support

#10 Clemson
-not higher because don't know how much is Dabo versus the program/school itself. If another coach can come in and compete for a title they'll go up much higher

My list is heavily biased by schools having success with multiple different coaches. To me that says more about the job than who coaches there

Noticeably absent

-sips - discussed ad nauseam so won't go into any more detail

-Michigan - 1 split title since 1947 and Nebraska would have destroyed them in 1997 so don't even think that should count.

-us - we need to win first.

I like Wisconsin, Penn State and Oregon as well as kind of potential break through teams.

Madman
AG
I would say the sip job is in the top 5 college football jobs in the state of Texas.

But just barely.
AgStuckinLBK, thanks. I appreciate your perspective.

- John Stuart Mill, 1869
JWinTX
AgStuckinLBK said:

33 said:

aTmAg said:

I know you didn't ask me but I'll chime in. I think the top jobs currently are:

#1 tOSU
-multiple coaches have played in a national title game here over past 20 years. Says more about the job than the coaches IMO. They recruit nationally and have little competition in the Big10. Strong support from the school and a rabid alumni base.

#2 bama
-more like 1b. I give tOSU job (emphasis on job)the edge due to sustained success despite having turnover in coaches. Saban has laid such a good foundation that they probably will always be good especially if they money whip dabo into coming home

- big gap-

#3 LSU
- LSU has a talent well that never seems to run dry and if Les Miles and Ed O can win a title at your school, it's a good job. It's got a gap between the other two because they like to penny pinch some on the athletic side.

#4 USC
-when they have a coach with charisma, they recruit nationally and recruit at a high level. Have very little competition. Good support from the school but an apathetic alumni base compared to other premium schools

#5 Notre Dame
-you consistently get the benefit of the doubt allowing you to have chances in the post season you wouldn't have at other programs. Can nationally recruit

# 6 OU
-provides great resources to their coaches, can recruit well, any coach who's decent can win there as long as your name isn't John Blake, Gomer Jones and Lewie Hardage (only 3 coaches to coach there and finish with a sub 500 record since the 1890s)

#7 Florida
-they're always serious contenders to win the East depau

#8 Auburn
-if gene chizek and Senator Pine Box can win a title here, anybody can. 3 different coaches have succeeded here in the last twenty years. They always seem to have a ton of talent and their meddling boosters is one of the reasons they're not ranked higher.

#9 Georgia
-having trouble winning a title but always recruits well no matter who is coaching there, has played for a title recently, tons of support

#10 Clemson
-not higher because don't know how much is Dabo versus the program/school itself. If another coach can come in and compete for a title they'll go up much higher

My list is heavily biased by schools having success with multiple different coaches. To me that says more about the job than who coaches there

Noticeably absent

-sips - discussed ad nauseam so won't go into any more detail

-Michigan - 1 split title since 1947 and Nebraska would have destroyed them in 1997 so don't even think that should count.

-us - we need to win first.

I like Wisconsin, Penn State and Oregon as well as kind of potential break through teams.

In the current NCAA Football landscape, I'd go with this:

1. Alabama--premier college football of alltime
2. tOSU--incredible resources and no instate challenge to deal with
3. LSU--Incredible talent and no instate challenge to deal with
4. Clemson--Dabo has set that place up to be huge for a long time because of his leadership
5. Oklahoma--Benefit from poor conference, but great tradition and recruiting
6. Notre Dame--Huge t-shirt fanbase and amazing tradition, but no longer has the talent to beat Southern teams
7. Oregon---Nike money and weak conference
8. Georgia--Huge talent and major team in the state but cant seem to beat SEC West teams
9. Florida--See Georgia, but even more competition for talent instate
10. Texas A&M--Tons of money and former students with huge facilities and around lots of talent, just cant win enough to get the next level of respect

Texas should be top ten, but its not right now because of the headaches that come with that job. Inflated player rankings, helicopter fanbase, ridiculous expectations from media, liberal university leadership, and a poor conference are the main issues there for sure.

Rec
AG
33 said:

Rec said:

What are the top 15 or 25 college jobs?

Those places are reserved for successful head coaches at big time programs which include nobody at tu since you hired Mack Brown from NC. Since then you've hired an assortment of clowns, idiots, a ftards. You haven't got your first choice since you hired Mack Brown. Clearly, a mark of a big time program is that you can hire your first choice. Unless you are stupid enough to hire a f-wad like Herman. You guys just suck it's effin awesome how much you suck and will continue to suck. The fact of the matter is, you might never be good again!
Rec said:

33 said:

The fact of the matter is, you might never be good again!

Fact???

- John Stuart Mill, 1869
culdeus
AG
Rec said:

Oh come on. They suck, but they are a name brand. They probably are in the 10-15 range job right now.
OMeara
Over the last 15 years A&M and UT are exactly tied for # of national championships won @ 0.
If you count national championship game appearances then Texas takes a 1 - 0 lead .....
panhandlefarmer
AG
OMeara said:

Over the last 15 years A&M and UT are exactly tied for # of national championships won @ 0.
If you count national championship game appearances then Texas takes a 1 - 0 lead .....

Whoa...Sick burn.
AGSWON
AG
PhatMack19 said:

They are excited

so which Bama players are they going to bring over too.
aTmAg
AG
33 said:

aTmAg said:

Here is one distinction: the ability to hire a head coach from another P5 school (aka not the Big East or American conferences).
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.