Sark was drunk DURING games?

4,086 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by InMyOpinion
wbt5845
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Damn, Sumlin didnt even go that far.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.houseofsparky.com/platform/amp/2015/10/11/9501975/steve-sarkisian-usc-asu-arizona-state-drunk

Quote:

According to a report from Scott Wolf of the Los Angeles Daily News, Sarkisian was drunk while coaching the Sept. 28 game at Arizona State.

It would explain why Sarkisian seemed extra jovial during the Trojans' 42-14 blowout over the Sun Devils. Sarkisian was seen celebrating heavily with players during the game and was even assessed a sideline warning by officials in the second half for excessive celebration.

USC athletic director Pat Haden asked Sarkisian to take a leave of absence after Sarkisian reportedly arrived at team facilities Sunday morning drunk and in poor health, went missing from practice and then notified Haden of his condition through a phone call. Sarkisian will seek treatment for his condition.
I've been drunk during games.
"So long as an opinion is strongly rooted in the feelings, it gains rather than loses in stability by having a preponderating weight of argument against it."

- John Stuart Mill, 1869
Flashdiaz
AG
42-14 blowout win... maybe he works better with some pregame shots.
BohunkAg
AG
I'm all for taking shots (no pun intended) at Horn coaches, but it's really apparent the guy had a problem he needed help for. That's nothing to mock. Hopefully he's gotten the help he needs. Whether he's a good coach or not remains to be seen.
aginlakeway
AG
BohunkAg said:

I'm all for taking shots (no pun intended) at Horn coaches, but it's really apparent the guy had a problem he needed help for. That's nothing to mock. Hopefully he's gotten the help he needs. Whether he's a good coach or not remains to be seen.

He apparently has gotten help and is very active in AA. He seems very dedicated to staying sober.

I'm torn here. I always want a fellow recovering alcoholic to succeed. But not at Texas ...

"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
45-70Ag
AG
Yeah I'm all for seeing the coach at Texas get skull crushed but not for him overcoming an addiction to alcohol that dominated his life. Good for him in overcoming that and hopefully he can be a help to others in that position.
BQ_90
AG
aginlakeway said:

BohunkAg said:

He apparently has gotten help and is very active in AA. He seems very dedicated to staying sober.

I'm torn here. I always want a fellow recovering alcoholic to succeed. But not at Texas ...

not sure the job to take is HC at sipville. That's a lot of pressure for someone trying to stay sober.

that's a lot of pressure and temptation all around that job.
AggieBand2004
AG
I won't mock a man who is battling alcoholism.
I WILL mock a rival university who has to settle for coaches who have significant red flags.

Both can be done simultaneously.
aginlakeway
AG
BQ_90 said:

aginlakeway said:

BohunkAg said:

not sure the job to take is HC at sipville. That's a lot of pressure for someone trying to stay sober.

I tend to agree. But people who get their lives back on track can achieve a lot.

"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
vin1041
AG
Agree.
BQ_90
AG
aginlakeway said:

BQ_90 said:

aginlakeway said:

BohunkAg said:

I tend to agree. But people who get their lives back on track can achieve a lot.

if that has happened, seems like some rumors are he's not completely on the wagon from some bama people, but that could be bull**** too. Again I don't want it to work out because I don't like the sips, but I don't want it to be because he's not sober.
Dominion Caracas Branch
I think if he remains sober while coaching the whorns, he should run AA.

I cannot think of a worse environment for a recovering alcoholic. It would be easier to work in a bar.
Shoefly!
AG
From what I have read, he won't get any help from Del Monte in the Not Drinking Department.
yeahright81
AG
What are they going to do with their special Jack Daniels bottle in the head coaches office?
aggiejim70
AG
Dominion Caracas Branch said:

I think if he remains sober while coaching the whorns, he should run AA.

I cannot think of a worse environment for a recovering alcoholic. It would be easier to work in a bar.
I'm following all these comments with a great deal of interest as I approach my 30th sober AA Birthday. As far as running AA, no, as our leaders are but trusted servants, they do not govern. That being said, if he stays sober through this and has any kind of success, his story should be included in the 5th addition of the Big Book.
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
ABATTBQ11
AG
Congratulations. That kind of milestone is an achievement.
Artimus Gordon
Absolutely aggiejim. Good luck to you, sir!
aggiejim70
AG
aginlakeway said:

BohunkAg said:

If that's the case, please join us your fellow AA Aggies, Thursdays and Sundays. Details are on the General and Health & Fitness boards.
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
aginlakeway
AG
aggiejim70 said:

aginlakeway said:

BohunkAg said:

If that's the case, please join us your fellow AA Aggies, Thursdays and Sundays. Details are on the General and Health & Fitness boards.

13 years as of last August. One day at a time ...
InMyOpinion
So it would be wrong to sign him up for the beer of the month club ?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.