A Serious, Non Smack Talk Question For T Sips About Your Band

2,483 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by AgEng06
Madman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is the average band member on some sort of band scholarship?

If so what would the reaction be, if your jr. college, I mean university (sorry sorry just can't help myself) just cut the band out of the stadium and revoked all schollys for a few years?

Then sold those seats at normal market value and just played those little songs through the PA?

If I had the power, I think that is the strategy I would employ. Maybe keep the band director on payroll depending on what his or her behavior has been in some other capacity. The stadium revenue should cover at least part of that salary. Then start over with the help of some old band members in a few years. Making sure to keep the former band members in the loop that this is a temporary situation. It would suck for the few members of the band that want to play but they are not getting to do that now anyway.

Flush the system and start over. Kind of like what you need to do with the football team.
Potcake
AG
You seem really invested in the future of tu's band. Why? Just enjoy their smorgasbord of failures.
West Point Aggie
AG
Non smack talk?

I'm out!
Let’s Go Brandon!
Martin Cash
AG
Some of them are music majors, most are probably not. Not sure how many are on music scholarships.
ApachePilot
AG
The guys on the horn yesterday suggested there is a long line of students wanting to wear those hats and play that song. They said take the outfits back and give them to the new folks and play away. Apparently it's a life long dream for countless tsips to dress up like fake cowboys and play working on the rail road. Who would have known?
West Point Aggie
AG
ApachePilot said:

Apparently it's a life long dream for countless tsips to dress up like fake cowboys and play working on the rail road. Who would have known?

In burnt Orange polyester too...kinda takes anti-fashion to an extreme!
Let’s Go Brandon!
sleepybeagle
AG
Quote:

You seem really invested in the future of tu's band. Why? Just enjoy their smorgasbord of failures.
Jokes aside... because every "win" for the SJW marxist's just empowers them to take down more foundations of our society. They came for the Sully statue and they won't stop there.
wbt5845
AG
Music performance majors are almost never in marching band.

Music education almost always are - and a portion of their scholarship is often predicated on being in marching band - perhaps $500-$1000.
texag84
AG
It's been great for a lot of laughs on Sirius 84 College sports talk.
YouBet
AG
I would absolutely jerk their scholarship if that's even a thing for these folks. If I refused to perform the primary function of my job description, my employer would rightfully fire me.

These dumbass SJW morons need to be cut and replace them with kids who want to play.
elfurioso92
AG
The sips have coddled and cultivated these west coast liberal ideals for years. Now they have to placate the big money sips while not causing their large SJW contingent, student and faculty, to dismantle the school. Keep Austin weird doesn't seem so cool when it bites you in the ass.
91_Aggie
AG
I would not think any of them are on scholarship for the band. Definitely not a full ride.
There are not any recruiting wars for band geeks
wbt5845
AG
91_Aggie said:

I would not think any of them are on scholarship for the band. Definitely not a full ride.
There are not any recruiting wars for band geeks

Not true. They use small scholarships as carrots to get good players to be in marching band. I know as Aggies, we are indifferent about the musical abilities of those in our marching band, but other schools think differently.
McInnis80
wbt5845 said:

Music performance majors are almost never in marching band.

Music education almost always are - and a portion of their scholarship is often predicated on being in marching band - perhaps $500-$1000.

If you are a stud musician, you don't want to spend Saturdays in the sun playing I've Been Working on the Railroad and Texas Taps. Most music performance majors could care less about football. Music educations majors know that they are going to have to direct marching band, so they are in the band.

The are lots of folks in the band like Rex Tillerson. He was a Civil Engineering major and it was a fun way to spend Saturdays and that's was n the era when UT Football mattered. Now there a a ton of students who could care less about Longhorn football, especially since they play a bunch of corn belt schools. .
Nixter
AG
AgEng06
AG
Nixter said:

It says on your chart that you're f*cked up, uhh, you talk like a f*g, and you're sh*t's all r*tarded.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.