Sip fans turned naysayers better watch out

6,185 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by AggieIce
DifferenceMaker Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Or they might get gored by their nutless mascot.

AgOutsideAustin
AG
You just hate to see it.
West Point Aggie
AG
Id never seen the clip...UGA is like "I'm the eff outta here"
Let’s Go Brandon!
Callate Donnie
He'll probably get six figures.

Different Angle
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Just a flesh wound. Walk it off
sam callahan
I've had bigger scratches on my eye. Poon.
pete85
AG
Man... that one chick photog nearly got decrapitated (sic)!
Brian DeSpain
Watch the video. I think the sign they were holding caused the injury shown in the picture. Of course it happened because they let the steer get out of control.
Ol Jock 99
AG
It's fun and all to laugh at them, but it is unreal that this is a lawsuit. He got smacked and a small scratch. This is why we can't have nice things.
BwdAg
AG
WhAt about this incident isn't lawsuit worthy?

Guy signed up to take pictures at a football game. The wanna be chaps wearing sissies are trained to keep the steer under control and did not do it. Sips also brag on how they are trained and the steer won't harm a fly. Guess they messed up.

DatTallArchitect
AG
You mean tu can't even afford to own their mascot?
HeyMoe
AG
Took him a while to file his lawsuit. Meaning he probably approached them about some sort of out-of-court settlement. The sips, being sips, told him to pound sand. Now they've got a lawsuit on their hands. You'd have thought they would have leaned from the Aunt Bev thing.....
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Callate Donnie said:

Different Angle

Might want to submit one in court without a smile on his face.
Ol Jock 99
AG
BwdAg said:

And people wonder why bonfire will never ever return to campus....
West Point Aggie
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

BwdAg said:

Agreed...THE best tradition in CFB (much better than midnight yell) is dead dead dead...so sad
Let’s Go Brandon!
Madman
AG
I shot the Magpul Texas State 3 Gun Championship a couple weekends ago.

Now there were 240 competitors but only about 40 of those would be there really to win anything. The rest where there to practice and have fun. I was one of those guys.

Anyway my squad of 10 shooters had an Old Ag in it. Class of 70 I think. He had two rebuilt knees and a bad ankle. He is a retired Sheriff. He shot the entire match, all three days in pain and never complained. Was always out doing set up between shooters. He timed out most stages, that's when there are still targets left to shoot but the par time has been reached. If he had to take a knee to shoot a long shot you could see the pain on his face when he stood up.

I was impressed with his toughness. He is the exact opposite of the photog and his little booboo. We need more guys like him.
AggieBand2004
AG
BwdAg said:

Reason #1391 of why modern society sucks horribly
Caesar4
AG
I never bothered to keep up with the story. To me, it seems odd to sue the owners. Seems to me that the owners were not the responsible party. Isn't Bevo lent to the school for its time of service? I wonder if the owners were even present at that game.

Seems kind of similar to me being sued as the owner of a car if I had lent it to someone who subsequently caused an accident.

Also, by the way, aren't the Bevo owners Aggies? I think I read/heard that somewhere...
West Point Aggie
AG
Caesar4 said:

I never bothered to keep up with the story. To me, it seems odd to sue the owners. Seems to me that the owners were not the responsible party. Isn't Bevo lent to the school for its time of service? I wonder if the owners were even present at that game.

Seems kind of similar to me being sued as the owner of a car if I had lent it to someone who subsequently caused an accident.

Also, by the way, aren't the Bevo owners Aggies? I think I read/heard that somewhere...

The Baker family has owned the last 4 steers...the wife is a tu grad...not sure about the hubby...

The steer does get its healthcare at A&M.
Let’s Go Brandon!
ApachePilot
AG
Madman said:

I shot the Magpul Texas State 3 Gun Championship a couple weekends ago.

Now there were 240 competitors but only about 40 of those would be there really to win anything. The rest where there to practice and have fun. I was one of those guys.

Anyway my squad of 10 shooters had an Old Ag in it. Class of 70 I think. He had two rebuilt knees and a bad ankle. He is a retired Sheriff. He shot the entire match, all three days in pain and never complained. Was always out doing set up between shooters. He timed out most stages, that's when there are still targets left to shoot but the par time has been reached. If he had to take a knee to shoot a long shot you could see the pain on his face when he stood up.

I was impressed with his toughness. He is the exact opposite of the photog and his little booboo. We need more guys like him.

Class of 77. He was 20 years before us. Cool guy.
culdeus
AG
Brian DeSpain said:

Watch the video. I think the sign they were holding caused the injury shown in the picture. Of course it happened because they let the steer get out of control.
And in the video it's not the contact but something rolling up on his lower leg that probably is the real issue.
culdeus
AG
DifferenceMaker Ag said:

Naming the Silver Spurs is interesting. Somehow the Red Pots were kept out of the lawsuits for the bonfire for reasons I'll never really understand. You would think the SS would have the same type of immunity.
Foxo
AG
Aggies need to steal Bevo again. As we always said "That would be good bull."

Nov. 12, 1963: Texas A&M cadets stole the University of Texas mascot, Bevo, and took the steer back to College Station.

Five sophomores in Corps unit B-2 drove to the state hog farm where Bevo was kept, about 12 miles northwest of Austin in Williamson County, according to an article in The Eagle. The cadets loaded Bevo onto a stock trailer and drove back to College Station. The cadets drove around the Quad and word spread among the Corps. Bevo was then moved to a farmhouse in Bryan where he would be stored until the Silver Spurs, the group of UT students tasked with Bevo's care and appearances, could come retrieve him.

When the Silver Spurs learned he was missing, they enlisted help from the Texas Rangers.
Texas Ranger O.L. Luther went to the A&M vet school and toured the college farms and other areas in Brazos County where Bevo could have been kept, according to articles in The Eagle. Officials located a rental trailer parked in a lot on the A&M campus that had been used to transport Bevo. While Luther and A&M officials were questioning a group of students, another group moved Bevo to a different location. On Nov. 13, Bevo was found at 11 p.m. at a farm six miles south of Bryan and taken to the animal clinic for vets to check him over.

Bevo was unharmed and vets deemed him healthy. After midnight, cheering Aggies watched as the Silver Spurs loaded Bevo onto a trailer and returned to Austin.

McInnis80
culdeus said:

Naming the Silver Spurs is interesting. Somehow the Red Pots were kept out of the lawsuits for the bonfire for reasons I'll never really understand. You would think the SS would have the same type of immunity.
I am not a lawyer, but I doubt the Red Pots had any assets to go after. The Silver Spurs Alumni Association may or may not have assets. I assume that the Statesman had Workers' Compensation insurance, so he cannot the his employer. Suing UT is very difficult. I did not see if the suit was in Louisiana or Texas.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Pretty sure a number of Reds were personally named anyway. Going from memory, so many well be wrong.
PJYoung
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

BwdAg said:

I've never met someone who wondered that.
Stive
AG
Multiple red pots were absolutely named in the lawsuits. The red pot's claims were mostly paid by their parents home owners insurance policies and were some of the first ones settled.

[url] https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.star-telegram.com/news/state/texas/article3857121.html[/url]

[url] https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.myplainview.com/news/amp/Partial-settlement-reached-in-bonfire-tragedy-8985300.php[/url]

Edit to add the link.
Shoefly!
AG
Just think if those revered silver bellied asswipes knew how to hobble a cow. It would have prevented this stupid lawsuit.
Bitter Old Man
AG
Anybody know the stock laws in New Orleans? With all the orcas wandering around that town, I always assumed it was open range...
ABATTBQ11
AG
AgOutsideAustin said:

Callate Donnie said:

Different Angle

Might want to submit one in court without a smile on his face.

Watching the video, it looks like he comes away with a limp. It looks like his right knee got driven into the ground. I think he's suing over his leg, not his back.
jrdaustin
AG
I didn't know an injured pride could be permanent.
McInnis80
Stive said:

Multiple red pots were absolutely named in the lawsuits. The red pot's claims were mostly paid by their parents home owners insurance policies and were some of the first ones settled.
Good Point about Homeowners policies. I know a lot of Fraternity hazing lawsuit settlements were funded by their parent's personal Homeowners and Umbrella policies, especially when Fraternities could not get insurance.
bam02
AG
culdeus said:

DifferenceMaker Ag said:

No they were not left out.
AggieIce
AG
Lawyers that lose frivolous suits like this should be disbarred immediately

Would certainly make them think twice about filing
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.