Urban Meyer...

3,423 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Matsui
Shadow of CuervoAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
t-sips seem to be confident Meyer would be a lock to replace Herman as HC.

My question - Meyer coached some of the premiere programs in some of the premiere conferences - why would he go coach to a dumpster fire school in a landfill fire conference??? If t.u. is such a destination, how is Saban not coaching there now?

I laugh at the sip's view of themselves.

The perfect hire might be Kiffin if he gets Ol' Miss pointed in the right direction this season. Kiffin and t.u. would be a match made in heaven.
Do not post opposing views or you too, like me, will become a shadow of your former self.
West Point Aggie
AG
OT: why do tea sip fan forums suck so bad?!?
Let’s Go Brandon!
Agsuffering@bulaw
Urban Meyer is their Prester John
AlaskanAg99
AG
Odds are less than Saban moving to Austin.

Their next hire will be worse than Tom.
GarryowenAg
AG
Sip friend was telling me on Sunday that if Herman doesn't win out, he'll be let go. He expects to get either Meyer or Kyle Shanahan.
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
Urban is waiting for USC, Alabama or Clemson (if Dabo goes to bama) to open up.

I don't think the sips could even afford him anyway.
digging tunnels
AG
I think Urban is done. His health is still an issue

And no way in hell sips are firing Herman after this year. He's owed at least $15MM, his assistants another $5MM. They gonna fire someone when they furloughed staff of their athletic department during the pandemic? And even if they tried to get Urban, he gonna cost around $10MM plus assistants.

Not happening
ABATTBQ11
AG
Agsuffering@bulaw said:

Urban Meyer is their Prester John

No, that's their next coach. Always.
AgsinGA
AG
This may be the best show on earth if this continues....

I will get some popcorn and wait.
Slamn Sharpe
Shadow of CuervoAg said:

t-sips seem to be confident Meyer would be a lock to replace Herman as HC.

My question - Meyer coached some of the premiere programs in some of the premiere conferences - why would he go coach to a dumpster fire school in a landfill fire conference??? If t.u. is such a destination, how is Saban not coaching there now?

I laugh at the sip's view of themselves.

The perfect hire might be Kiffin if he gets Ol' Miss pointed in the right direction this season. Kiffin and t.u. would be a match made in heaven.

1. Lots and lots of money
2. He's arrogant enough to think he can win their and probably could
Shadow of CuervoAg
Meyer isn't hurting for money and the Big XII is only a fringe Power 5 Conference. Not sure a step down from competing in the SEC & B10 would be an ego boost for someone like Meyer.
Do not post opposing views or you too, like me, will become a shadow of your former self.
Artimus Gordon
If crazy expectations of fan bases at Florida and Ohio state contributed to his health problems in the past, then he will be on suicide watch having to put up with that rabble in austin!
Callate Donnie
Urban to texas only makes sense if Urban truly wants to try to gain the "best college coach of all time" moniker. Of course, taking the HC job at texas can cut both ways if that is his goal.
Madman
AG
Urban is only leaving Ohio State if there are legal problems about to hit. Then he "retires" for a season or two then back somewhere.

So the sips can get him only if they are in the market during that window.
West Point Aggie
AG
Madman said:

Urban is only leaving Ohio State if there are legal problems about to hit. Then he "retires" for a season or two then back somewhere.

He already left the nuts unless I missed something
Let’s Go Brandon!
Madman
AG
West Point Aggie said:

Madman said:

What i get for posting while in a meeting. My brain is only half here. I deserve to be roasted.
AgEng06
AG
Madman said:

West Point Aggie said:

Madman said:

What i get for posting while in a meeting. My brain is only half here. I deserve to be roasted.
I think he's still employed by the AD in some capacity, so you're not completely wrong.
West Point Aggie
AG
To me UM comes across as this clean cut, super nice guy...I get the sense behind the scenes he's a bit of a slime ball...good coach though...clearly a great recruiter.
Let’s Go Brandon!
TXAG 05
AG
I could see him being interested since it's an easy path to the playoffs. Still don't think it happens though
WC94
AG
Urban Meyer's health was a smoke screen for being a scumbag cheater. He's been run off from 2 premiere jobs and would be a perfect fit for the degenerates in Austin.
Loyalty
AG
If sip gets UM, I'm fine with that. Not sure it would make much of a difference to us. They would still need to play us and we won't give them that help.

He might make recruiting g some players a little tougher but overall, we're in the drivers seat regardless of who they hire.
Agsuffering@bulaw
He is worse. He has no compunction about lying, if he thinks he can get away with it. Saban is an ahole, but he does not lie. May distort or twist, but never straight-up lies. Jimbo does not lie either, at least not professionally. Worse than that, he is willing to get his wife involved to cover his rear.

He is just much smarter and more cunning than the average scumbag.
Slamn Sharpe
Shadow of CuervoAg said:

Meyer isn't hurting for money and the Big XII is only a fringe Power 5 Conference. Not sure a step down from competing in the SEC & B10 would be an ego boost for someone like Meyer.

That's not the way it works. If it were true, every coach and athlete would either retire or go to their favorite destination after their first big contract.

They continue to chase the high of the multi million dollar check depositing into their account

I hate t.u as much as the next guy, but I could see Meyer going there. He's been going from big name program to big name program since he left Utah.
Agsuffering@bulaw
If he gets bored enough. But tu is looking at a serious rebuild. Probably 4-5 years to get within striking distance. They lack the fronts needed to win playoffs.
45-70Ag
AG
Given how the last couple of coaching changes have transpired there, yeah it. won't be urban Mayer.
Agvet12
AG
Urban isn't an idiot, he's not taking over a **** storm that is Texas.

He walked into good situations at UF and OSU, because they were relevant top programs not had beens that need an entire rebuild. He's done the **** jobs (bowling green), he doesn't need another one
Matsui
AG
I think he takes it and wins big.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.