Looks like the Horns will be getting a new school song

16,336 Views | 110 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by West Point Aggie
BohunkAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Student Senate is demanding it. Very brave. No police at all on campus either.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Qj017DGgEi0lH5zkSZIVTwPIPfI4uw971cvvRpWTZf8/preview?pru=AAABcs1gHpI*fjKcXW-HzrPM1s-iQ-wyzA

Quote:

[ol]
  • Discontinue any use of "The Eyes of Texas" at all UT related events, and compose a new official school spirit song with the inclusion of BIPOC composers and musicians.23
  • [/ol]"The Eyes of Texas" was originally debuted as a song at a minstrel show where the performers were in Blackface, or theatrical makeup used by non-Black performers to portray caricatures of Black individuals. Endorsing "The Eyes of Texas" as the official school song with its explicit, anti-Black origin directly harms the Black community. As such, we call for discontinuing "The Eyes of Texas" in all UT programming, including but not limited to sporting events, orientation, commencement ceremonies, and any on campus activities, and to create a committee with proper BIPOC representation of faculty and student composers, musicians, and ethnomusicologists from the Butler School of Music, whose focus is to compose and write a new official school spirit song.
    West Point Aggie
    AG
    No police on campus either...yup...nothing can possibly go wrong there!

The second there is one sexual assault and no one to investigate the screaming will be impressive to hear!

My guess this is all the work of super white-guilty people...
    Let’s Go Brandon!
    GAC06
    AG
    Quote:

ethnomusicologists

Could have just said "oxygen thief"
    Bottlehead90
    AG
    Will they still use the music to "I've Been Working on the Railroad" or will they steal another song?
    BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
    AG
    West Point Aggie said:

No police on campus either...yup...nothing can possibly go wrong there!

The second there is one sexual assault and no one to investigate the screaming will be impressive to hear!

My guess this is all the work of super white-guilty people...
    Being from Austin, one of my favorite memories is of the LONE policeman patrolling the drag! Had to be 60+

but had a presence that you wouldn't want to mess with !
    BigJim49AustinnowDallas
    Hood
    AG
    You know who will NOT be commenting on any of this?

Randy F*****g Duke.
    BohunkAg
    AG
    Wait, we have a problem.

Madman
    AG
    Hood said:

You know who will NOT be commenting on any of this?

Randy F*****g Duke.
    Randy has already submitted several entries. Each of which requires at least 10 pages to write down verse 1.
    atx15
    As a Texas alum, I will root for the Aggies over watching these entitled privileged brats.
    TXPremiumBoy
    AG
    Oh my ... this is going to be interesting to watch from afar.
    inconvenient truth
    atx15 said:

As a Texas alum, I will root for the Aggies over watching these entitled privileged brats.

Nope, you made your choice, time to live with those consequences. You can kindly **** right off.
    atx15
    Wow arent you a nice guy.
    W
    AG
    is the DKR statue still safe?
    dermdoc
    AG
    Sorry but I am enjoying this.
    No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
    Hood
    AG
    Nice verification, doc.
    dermdoc
    AG
    I can just see that burnt orange fringed sip band playing

I'm too sexy by Right Fred Right or

Do you really want to hurt me a Boy George number after every win.
    No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
    West Point Aggie
    AG
    BohunkAg said:

Wait, we have a problem.

Sounds like a "who can out-minority whom" kinda thing...
    Let’s Go Brandon!
    West Point Aggie
    AG
    This will mess up the war hymn though!

"The eyes of Texas are upon you...that's is the song they used to sing so well...sounded like hell"
    Let’s Go Brandon!
    TurboVelo
    AG
    The city of Austin is named after the guy who specifically brought slavery to Texas, even though Mexico was banning slavery. The more slaves you brought to Texas, the more land Austin gave you (80 acres per slave). "It is in vain to tell a North American that the white population will be destroyed some fifty or eighty years hence by the negroes, and that his daughters will be violated and Butchered by them."

He also personally orchestrated the massacre of the Kawankawa tribe.

Until they move the university out of Austin or change the name of the city, they're not really that upset about slavery and racism
    West Point Aggie
    AG
    atx15 said:

Maybe your school should be renamed the university of Austin...although apparently Austin was not exactly the most standup guy too! As much as you all wanna be SF, that one is taken!
    Let’s Go Brandon!
    1976Ag
    AG
    Is this going to turn out like it did at the University of Missouri?
    Dr Lane Trowlan
    1976Ag said:

Is this going to turn out like it did at the University of Missouri?

Hopefully worse
    RetiredpostalMarine
    Black student athletes at the University of Texas are demanding several changes, including the renaming of buildings, athletic department support of black causes and replacing "The Eyes of Texas"

DEMANDING!!!!
    I talk to him when I am lonesome like; and I am sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth
    PuryearAg98
    AG
    West Point Aggie said:

"The eyes of Texas are upon you...that's is the song they used to sing so well...sounded like hell"

Just change the verse to "sounded racist as hell!"

West Point Aggie
    AG
    PuryearAg98 said:

West Point Aggie said:

Just change the verse to "sounded racist as hell!"

Brilliant!
    Let’s Go Brandon!
    Science Denier
    AG
    https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/texas-longhorns/2020/06/12/texas-athletes-speak-out-against-racism-on-campus-demand-university-to-address-list-of-proposed-changes/

Quote:

Some of the requests include long-standing flash points in the school's racial history, including renaming Robert Lee Moore Hall, Littlefield Hall, Painter Hall and James Hogg Auditorium. And the replacement of some campus statues with new sculptures representing racial diversity.

They bringing these back?

LOL OLD
    BohunkAg
    AG
    By the way, they want all the police off campus....who saved the day when Charles Whitman started shooting **** up from the tower?
    T Boon Pickens
    inconvenient truth said:

atx15 said:

Nope, you made your choice, time to live with those consequences. You can kindly **** right off.

A Whoop!
    Born Maroon
    AG
    Burn cesspool burn.
    AgCat93
    AG
    Bottlehead90 said:

Will they still use the music to "I've Been Working on the Railroad" or will they steal another song?

West Point Aggie
    AG
    BohunkAg said:

By the way, they want all the police off campus....who saved the day when Charles Whitman started shooting **** up from the tower?

Clearly these morons are not scholars of history and operate well outside reality. The second something bad happens, the clamoring for "security" will be deafening. I don't think tu is that stupid to cave in... but perhaps their desire to be seen as super "woke" (I believe is the term) and white guilty contrite and progressive will get the best of them.
    Let’s Go Brandon!
    Slamn Sharpe
    dermdoc said:

I can just see that burnt orange fringed sip band playing

I'm too sexy by Right Fred Right or

Do you really want to hurt me a Boy George number after every win.

The band will look something like this while performing the new, hip t.u fight song

Slamn Sharpe
    BohunkAg said:

I'm sure the UTPD is really impressed with this. Most of them are big fans of t.u football, and some graduated from there.

What a sheet show
    leecoags
    "Dude looks like a lady" would be a good fit
    AgOutsideAustin
    AG
    I nominate Funky Cold Medina as their new song.

Perfect line for tu in the song is "Sheena was a man"
    Last Page
    Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.