What happens when you stay in the Big12

8,577 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by aggieduke
RAB87
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Your conference is dead last among P5 in both athletics and academics. You get the crappiest timeslots for television coverage. Your bowl record plummets to a pathetic 1-7. Your school revenue nosedives and sports programs are cancelled. Your athletes are no longer drafted by the pros. Your recruiting goes to crap. Your athletes are allowed to punch girls in the face. Your students are more interested in dildo parades than sports. Your fans are embarrassed and don't show up at games. Your crappy venues and empty stadiums are mocked and Herbie calls your school a "cesspool". Your merchandise is placed on the 50% Off rack at WalMart. Your conference is dissolved.
Madman
AG
This happens

Horn2015
goodAg80
AG
Tamu_mgm
AG
Dude that was almost 2 decades ago!! XD But by all means, please continue to latch on.

And not surprisingly, you missed the entire point of the thread you dips***.
"So long as an opinion is strongly rooted in the feelings, it gains rather than loses in stability by having a preponderating weight of argument against it."

- John Stuart Mill, 1869
"So long as an opinion is strongly rooted in the feelings, it gains rather than loses in stability by having a preponderating weight of argument against it."

- John Stuart Mill, 1869
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Don't forget about rape.

You become the conference of rape apologists.
APHIS AG
The Big XII Conference. A conference that at one time rivaled the SEC in football. A one time respected conference that is now at the bottom of the P5 conferences.

A good example is how their "representative", if they make the CFP, gets immediately man handled and is yet to win a CFP game.
Charlie 31
AG
Your already-misnamed conference becomes the Big XI a.m. Conference because of the time slot reserved for your conference's biggest match-ups including your "One True Champion" conference championship game...

ftworthag02
AG
whats your record against this team?
DayAg!
S
And almost every one of those scenarios can be traced back to the sips causing them. They single handedly destroyed what was once a premier conference. Deloss Dodds being the main reason.
"Poor soul, he was just too high strung. I'm afraid the strain was more than he could bear."
West Point Aggie
AG
What a boring conference...
Eric Forman
AG
Hoosegow
Muy
AG
It's worse than being quarantined, and a much bigger fine if you try and leave.
vin1041
AG
Is that a high school game?
Iowaggie
AG
ftworthag02 said:

Big12 so advanced: They were social distancing before it was required.

BronkNagurski
APHIS AG said:

The Big XII Conference. A conference that at one time rivaled the SEC in football. A one time respected conference that is now at the bottom of the P5 conferences.

A good example is how their "representative", if they make the CFP, gets immediately man handled and is yet to win a CFP game.
The Big-12 champ gets turned out. They are the playoff prison punk.
Iowaggie
AG
I believe the B12 is now closer to the American (top G5) conference than they are to the Big Ten, which is 2nd in strength in the P5 conferences.
Iowaggie said:

I believe the B12 is now closer to the American (top G5) conference than they are to the Big Ten, which is 2nd in strength in the P5 conferences.
Since most sources rank the B12 3rd among P5 conferences, do you believe the same of the PAC12 and ACC?

- John Stuart Mill, 1869
Flexbone
33 said:

Iowaggie said:

Since most sources rank the B12 3rd among P5 conferences, do you believe the same of the PAC12 and ACC?
Please explain how they're "3rd" yet last in NFL talent. That makes no sense.
Flexbone said:

33 said:

Iowaggie said:

For last season, realtimerpi and espn had the B12 as the #3 ranked conference.

Sagarin had the B12 as #2. That is misleading because he chooses to split up conferences and uses divisions. So he has the SEC West as #1 and then the B12 as #2 followed by B10 East, etc. Realistically, if you combine the divisions and just look at conferences, the B12 would be #3.

- John Stuart Mill, 1869
Flexbone
33 said:

Flexbone said:

33 said:

Iowaggie said:

For last season, realtimerpi and espn had the B12 as the #3 ranked conference.

Sagarin had the B12 as #2. That is misleading because he chooses to split up conferences and uses divisions. So he has the SEC West as #1 and then the B12 as #2 followed by B10 East, etc. Realistically, if you combine the divisions and just look at conferences, the B12 would be #3.

Realistically, no league that has the least talent is going to actually be better - in real terms - than other leagues that have a lot more. Through "rankings" and the fact that teams play different schedules, computers and "experts" can rank them however they want. But the fact of the matter is that the Big 12 has the least amount of NFL talent on the field every week. There is no possible way they're the second or third best league, no matter what some dip**** writer for SI that never played peewee football says. These are people that have absolutely no idea what they're watching, and are easily swayed to believe "entertaining" (i.e., lots of points) means "good." It doesn't.
West Point Aggie
AG
SEC B1G and ACC > tu10 barely > PAC
Let’s Go Brandon!
RAB87
AG
We get it, "most sources" means Orangebloods. No credibile source places the Little 12 above the SEC, B1G, ACC, or PAC in athletics OR academics. In fact, you're barely outpacing the All America Conference.
ABATTBQ11
AG
I took a salsa and beer **** today that had more substance than the bdf
Horn2015
ftworthag02 said:

The University of Texas had 63 wins over TCU
Also, has 76 wins over Aggie.
RAB87 said:

We get it, "most sources" means Orangebloods. No credibile source places the Little 12 above the SEC, B1G, ACC, or PAC in athletics OR academics. In fact, you're barely outpacing the All America Conference.

I don't read Orangebloods.

I cited three national sources: realtimerpi, espn and Sagarin

As for Academics, I don't care about athletic conference affiliation as a basis of academic standing.

- John Stuart Mill, 1869
BronkNagurski
Horn2015 said:

ftworthag02 said:

How'd it go last time Tessus locked whorns with Arkansas?
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
Horn2015 said:

ftworthag02 said:

Keep living in the past, dude.
ftworthag02
AG
Actually I should've asked what's your record against these teams over the past 7 yrs?
West Point Aggie
AG
ftworthag02 said:

Actually I should've asked what's your record against these teams over the past 7 yrs?

In their defense they've been CONTINUALLY young that entire time!
Let’s Go Brandon!
Flexbone
Horn2015 said:

ftworthag02 said:

We have 24 straight wins over TCU. How many does Texas have?

Texas has absolutely sucked 75% of my lifetime. I'm almost 40.
Flexbone
33 said:

RAB87 said:

I don't read Orangebloods.

I cited three national sources: realtimerpi, espn and Sagarin

As for Academics, I don't care about athletic conference affiliation as a basis of academic standing.

Again, when you have the worst talent in college football, your league is also the worst. A bunch of bull**** computer models that don't take that into account are irrelevant.
aggieduke
AG
Did tu care about academics when they were slamming the SEC during realignment?

Then the facts came out about academics in the SEC vs BDF and we didn't here about that anymore.
Philippians 4:13
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.