Is this gofundme really necessary?

6,243 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Potcake
Potcake
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
People are spending money locally to support restaurants and service workers, fostering shelter animals, donating blood and to food banks, and generally cooperating more. It just doesn't seem like there needs to be more competition for charitable giving. This seems like a self-serving PR stunt, especially after Trevor Lawrence already did it, but then again I may be taking rivalries too far.

https://www.kxan.com/sports/texas-quarterback-sam-ehlinger-starts-gofundme-page-for-covid-19-relief/
AgCat93
AG
Does it the least bit surprise you that a sip is seeking attention?

(Albeit for a decent cause...)
BohunkAg
AG
Is it a noble cause? Seems pretty vague. We don't know what the f-ck relief is gonna look like at this point.
Al Bula
AG
Just another lame ass longhorn practicing the ancient art of virtue signaling.
DifferenceMaker Ag
Shoefly!
AG
Nothing original comes from that bunch of turds.
Party Boy
Typical virtue signaling teasip f***ing f**got.
Wildcat
AG
I won't know if this kid is "just a really good guy" until he completes a pass to his roomie on a boat.
Aegrescit medendo
e=mc2
AG
Sip dildo though it was "Go **** Me."
BeowulfShaeffer
AG
As far as I know, this could be just like Costanza's "The Human Fund: Money for the People!".

If he were really a good dude, then he'd ask for people to donate directly to 501c3 organizations and not play middleman. Then the charity wins, the contributor may be able to itemize, and nobody wonders if he has sticky fingers. But, then, the "Honor Student in the McCombs Business School" probably doesn't know jack sh*t about the tax code.
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
Slush fund for paying QB's under financial strain on the 40 acres.

This should add something to the coffers.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional sports advice.
aginlakeway
AG
So why is this a bad thing?

I'm sorry. Maybe I don't hate another team's quarterback enough to think any assistance we raise is a very good thing, however it comes about.
American Hardwood
AG
Why not just put his support directly into those organizations that are listed instead of creating a separate structure to fund them? Answer: he won't get the same level of attention, and for sip, that's all that matters.
bigfoot10s
AG
Didn't Trevor Lawrence have one of these too and it got shut down?
T Durden
AG
Has anyone donated?
Potcake
AG
It's all the way up to 38,000, only 962,000 to go.
Shoefly!
AG
T Durden said:

Has anyone donated?

I've donated to a legit Company that is making mask for frontlines. Owned by a veteran, offered to the frontlines for free.
BohunkAg
AG
aginlakeway said:

I'm sorry. Maybe I don't hate another team's quarterback enough to think any assistance we raise is a very good thing, however it comes about.
Because it's a stupid, attention wh-ring move on his part when the whole world is facing a crisis most of us have never seen in our lifetimes.
DayAg!
S
Quote:

Do you really think that clown gives two sheits about anything to do with this virus and people that are sick. It's all about him and him wanting attention like he's some kind of do gooder in everyone's eyes. Little cock eyed idiot is a sip through and through.,
"Poor soul, he was just too high strung. I'm afraid the strain was more than he could bear."
Hood
AG
The $1,000,000 goal was overly ambitious as they're only at about 8 percent of their goal after almost 2 weeks.
Potcake
AG
aginlakeway said:

I may be jaded but I think he was trying to associate his name with Trevor's and therefore a Heisman linkage. I know, that's Forum 16 level tinfoil hat s***. FTR I think Trevor Lawrence doing it was a vanity venture as well.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.