Dermdoc

10,040 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Hoosegow
Hood
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Time to become official: https://texags.com/forums/84/topics/3102278/replies/56242523

Once you get verified, you can prescribe all of these window-licking t-sips something to minimize the butthurt and whining when they go 6-6 this year.
BohunkAg
AG
He got his degree from a cracker jack box, so I don't know if they will take that.
goodAg80
AG
Can he fix Herman's hairline problem?
Snow Monkey Ambassador
AG
Can we get one for lawyers and it just be a giant middle finger?
GAC06
AG
Are dermatologists real doctors? I thought they were like dentists and chiropractors.
Potcake
AG
LonghornDub
Derms have a good deal. Few patients die and none get well, so you keep them paying you forever.
God made the country, and man made the town. William Cowper

pimplepopper
AG
GAC06 said:

Are dermatologists real doctors? I thought they were like dentists and chiropractors.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
goodAg80
AG
Dermotologists are inches away from being proctologists.
45-70Ag
AG
LonghornDub said:

Derms have a good deal. Few patients die and none get well, so you keep them paying you forever.

Can we put podiatrists in this category
LonghornDub
Irish_Man said:

LonghornDub said:

Can we put podiatrists in this category
. Yes, and allergy docs.

doubleag91
AG
GAC06 said:

Anti-dermite
dermdoc
AG
Oh the humanity.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BillyBob79
AG
I know I'm late, but are you sure you didn't mean "the huge manatee"
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
BillyBob79 said:

I know I'm late, but are you sure you didn't mean "the huge manatee"

Dont bring Ketch into this thread
treston58
GAC06 said:

They treat burn victims, skin cancer, and a ton of other ailments of the largest organ in the body.
Hoosegow
You can for sure put oncologist in this category. They don't even practice medicine. There is literally a flow chart decision tree they follow to recommend treatment. You need a lung removed? They aren't going do it. Need chemo? They aren't going to do it. It's a joke. All they are, are case managers or weathermen. Hell, even if they get the treatment wrong, oh well - not everybody lives.
Class of '94
OleArmyBQ68
AG
Just don't dermdoc to do Moe's surgery

Post removed:
by user
agdoc2001
AG
treston58 said:

GAC06 said:

They treat burn victims, skin cancer, and a ton of other ailments of the largest organ in the body.

Largest organ in YOUR body maybe...
zarbas77
AG
Oncologists beg to differ.
OleArmyBQ68
AG
dermdoc said:

Oh the humanity.
Hey dermdoc... why don't you have one of those cool Swiss Army Knife logos by your name?
dermdoc
AG
OleArmyBQ68 said:

dermdoc said:

Oh the humanity.
Hey dermdoc... why don't you have one of those cool Swiss Army Knife logos by your name?

I have never been neutral. And Brandon is oppressing me.
Post removed:
by user
jwoodmd
GAC06 said:

Dermatologists reside in a special category. They sleep well at night as they don't get emergency calls in the middle of the night.
jwoodmd
Hoosegow said:

You can for sure put oncologist in this category. They don't even practice medicine. There is literally a flow chart decision tree they follow to recommend treatment. You need a lung removed? They aren't going do it. Need chemo? They aren't going to do it. It's a joke. All they are, are case managers or weathermen. Hell, even if they get the treatment wrong, oh well - not everybody lives.
Every heard of surgical oncology? Radiation oncologist? Figure you haven't.
LonghornDub
Today's Jumble is a dermatology pun.

Hoosegow
Um yah. Actually I have. Mom had her lung removed by I believe a cardiac thoracic surgeon. I used to lift with her radiology oncologist. I would know she had an appointment and ask her if she saw Dr. X. of course she hadn't. When I asked Dr X about how was Mom today, oh she was fantastic.

Yah great doctors.

Oh and get this, Ol' Smokey's death certificate where it states she died from COPD and lung cancer, states this 50 year smoker... tobacco wasnt a contributing cause.

Oh, what about the ENT i have to see every year just so I can get CPAP supplies. I dont need anything. I just need supplies. He has to get his cut.

And back to dermatologist... my uncle, who happens to be a retire oncologist who agrees with me about the above, told me some moles and what not were not cancerous. My doctor, who I a actually respect a little told me they were cancerous. Well my dermatologist told me he wasnt going to remove them without getting them tested for a lot more of my money. Yah, the results were negative.

Maybe the greatest racket is HOSPICE. HoSPICE isn't there to help you. The greatest thing an insurance company can hear is, "What? You want to let a high dollar liability die? Heck yah I'll pay to help your mother die!" Hell you can most here the entire medical community orgasm.

Yes there are good doctors out there. Yes there are good doctors with good ethics. But the whole machine isn't designed to care for patients. It is designed to make money.

But yah, I didnt think so.

Fu. Kin doctors
Class of '94
LEJ
Well, they ain't making much right now. Happy?
Hoosegow
Yah... they are going broke.

Trust me. Medicine is getting rich now.
Class of '94
Potcake
AG
Holy crap, you could get POTD on F16 with this meltdown.
zarbas77
AG
Seems like this thread has gone slightly off course. What started out as a little lighthearted humor directed at DermDoc has somehow shifted. Looks like a poster has had a bad experience with doctors, mostly of the oncology world, and I get that. The outcomes of treating lung cancer are usually not good for the patient, the family and believe it or not, for the physicians involved in the care as well. So, I get the bitterness and the anger and I am sorry for his loss. Hospice is designed to allow terminally ill patients to stay at home for the most part, and die at home surrounded by family, with at least some degree of dignity. Believe it or not, this is what a lot (not all) of patients actually want if you actually sit and talk with them about death and dying. I do admit, some docs don't take the time. Hospice is not perfect, nor is it meant for everyone and no one is forced into hospice. Entrance is voluntary.

I also hate to see a broad group of people/professionals painted with such a broad brush, but I know that medicine, and particularly doctors are not perfect. Here is to hoping, that we get this thread back on track.

Now, if you will excuse me, I have a weather forecast to prepare.
Jock 07
AG
Something tells me Drs aren't the only thing you irrationally hate in this life
Hoosegow
Truth. I irrationally hate - probably boarders more towards fear - cockroaches.

FWIW, I don't hate doctors. I hate the dirty business of medicine.
Class of '94
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.