New Sip OC Talks About Getting Off

6,022 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Smudge
Madman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/f32s9p/in_first_interview_at_texas_texas_oc_mike_yurcich/

LOYAL AG
AG
From the school that brought you cocks not glocks.
80s Guy
Bossing around a bunch of teenagers and early 20 somethings gets him off? Seems Hermansa has found his Kissing Buddy.
Madman
AG
Is this another example of increasing sip physicality we are hearing so much about?
elfurioso92
AG
What a weird thing to say, he should fit right in.
Flashdiaz
AG
i'm sure that will be welcome image to that offense when they're trying to get the calls from the sidelines.
Madman
AG
These just keep getting more useful over time.

AgEng06
AG
So it's "borderline erotic"?
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Frat party never dies with Tommy Boy does it......
Another great representative there tu
Smudge
AG
Seriously, what is it with this staff? One of my best friends from my time at A&M is a head coach/AD of a high school in Texas and had one of the top recruits in the country a few years ago so got to spend time with a lot of the biggest names in the Power 5. He said Herman was the worst by far. Arrogant, strange, and intense yet aloof as well. Basically advised his athlete to not even think about ut because of Herman. Have heard similar things from friends/acquaintances who have been close to the program or close to current/former players under Herman.

Is it truly just his character that is reflective throughout the program now? Or is it something else.

And I think it goes to show how strong their brand still is even though it's diminishing greatly and rapidly. If that kind of inner program character is prevalent and they are still able to do relatively well recruiting and getting quality players to go there, it says something about the brand and lore that the program still possesses.

I know we definitely have tu in the rear view, but the longer that Herman stays at texas, the better for us, the better for the SEC, and the better for the TCU's and Baylor's...

It's also interesting that one of the highest character coaches in Strong got ran off pretty quickly. I don't know that he would have had any real success at Texas, but he definitely could have gotten it to where Herman is now.
Class of '00
Gig 'em!
"...even though it's diminishing greatly and rapidly."

What is the evidence of this claim?
Bird Poo
AG
smudge14255 said:

Seriously, what is it with this staff?
DayAg!
S
Have you been under a rock for the last 10 years?
"Poor soul, he was just too high strung. I'm afraid the strain was more than he could bear."
aTm2004
AG
Tommy showing him where to point it.

Bottlehead90
AG
33 said:

The last decade.
Bottlehead90 said:

33 said:

The last decade.
The brand value of Texas appears to be as strong as ever. I think several publications have confirmed this.

What, specifically, indicates that the brand value is diminishing "...greatly and rapidly...?"
BohunkAg
AG
smudge14255 said:

Seriously, what is it with this staff? One of my best friends from my time at A&M is a head coach/AD of a high school in Texas and had one of the top recruits in the country a few years ago so got to spend time with a lot of the biggest names in the Power 5. He said Herman was the worst by far. Arrogant, strange, and intense yet aloof as well. Basically advised his athlete to not even think about ut because of Herman. Have heard similar things from friends/acquaintances who have been close to the program or close to current/former players under Herman.

Is it truly just his character that is reflective throughout the program now? Or is it something else.

And I think it goes to show how strong their brand still is even though it's diminishing greatly and rapidly. If that kind of inner program character is prevalent and they are still able to do relatively well recruiting and getting quality players to go there, it says something about the brand and lore that the program still possesses.

I know we definitely have tu in the rear view, but the longer that Herman stays at texas, the better for us, the better for the SEC, and the better for the TCU's and Baylor's...

It's also interesting that one of the highest character coaches in Strong got ran off pretty quickly. I don't know that he would have had any real success at Texas, but he definitely could have gotten it to where Herman is now.
I think he's just a weirdo.
WC94
AG
Quote:

What, specifically, indicates that the brand value is diminishing "...greatly and rapidly...?

When everyone in the country thinks you're a poossy for crying about be bullied for horns down.
Smudge
AG
33 said:

There's a lot of anecdotal evidence, for sure. From reputation among HS coaches, to the failing Longhorn network, to the blatantly obvious attempts by tu and espn of inflating hype and media attention so tu seems to remain relevant. Even the pull of tu on recruiting rankings. How many times have we seen a 3 star jump to 4 star when they commit to tu, and how many times have we seen one drop in rankings when they de-commit. All this aside from the fact that they are singlehandedly ruining an entire conference. There is also the fact that tu is now losing ground when it comes to the money game. They lead the nation for years, and by a large margin. Now they are 2nd to 'little brother' A&M, who closed the gap lightning quick and is now ahead of them there, with bama, michigan, etc catching up as well. tu will always be tu and have the lore and attention simply because they have built up the brand. But there is no doubt that the program is losing ground. All of the evidence points to this and it's not simply opinion or perception. In fact, perception points to the longhorns being 'back' and being a 'contender.' They tout all of their championships... last one of any sort was in 2009, 11 years ago. The schtick is played out and it's showing up. It's just taken a while because they are texas and, historically, this brings some clout with it. But the well is simply running dry. With all of this said, this could shift in one season if they pull a rabbit out of the hat and win the big xii and earn a playoff spot. But through all of the talk and chest thumping in Austin, this hasn't been the case in the last decade.
Class of '00
Gig 'em!
InMyOpinion
33 said:

Bottlehead90 said:

33 said:

The last decade.
The brand value of Texas appears to be as strong as ever. I think several publications have confirmed this.

What, specifically, indicates that the brand value is diminishing "...greatly and rapidly...?"

I saw Longhorn t-shirts on clearance at a dollar general
vin1041
AG
I don't think Coach Strong was liked by some of the sip donars!
wyoag93
AG
33 said:

Bottlehead90 said:

33 said:

The last decade.

This is the problem! t.u. is always thinking in terms of brand value, which is great when you are appealing to t-shirt fans. But it's still college football, and a college football team should appeal first and foremost to the alumni of the school. The other problem t.u. has is that your alumni base is quickly turning into snowflake central....football is far too violent a sport (toxic masculinity) for the limp wristed liberals that t.u. is known to churn out.
Bottlehead90
AG
33 said:

Bottlehead90 said:

33 said:

The last decade.

Oh you are right. Everything is going great!
Keep at it Goliath.
And give a Tom raise and an extension
Bottlehead90 said:

33 said:

Bottlehead90 said:

33 said:

The last decade.

Keep at it Goliath.

I didn't say everything was going great.

The comment from an Ag was that the brand value of Texas was diminishing greatly and rapidly. Recently, Texas was listed as one of three brands worth over $1b (Alabama and OSU are the other two).

I merely asked what was the evidence of the brand value "diminishing greatly and rapidly..."

As for Herman's fate, this season will likely determine a lot.
Smudge
AG
33 said:

Bottlehead90 said:

33 said:

Bottlehead90 said:

33 said:

The last decade.

Keep at it Goliath.

I didn't say everything was going great.

The comment from an Ag was that the brand value of Texas was diminishing greatly and rapidly. Recently, Texas was listed as one of three brands worth over $1b (Alabama and OSU are the other two).

I merely asked what was the evidence of the brand value "diminishing greatly and rapidly..."

As for Herman's fate, this season will likely determine a lot.

The brand value is 100% conjecture. The only reason that tu is "valued" so high is emotional equity. Revenue wise they are now 2nd for the second year to A&M who out earns them in every category accept for merchandise sales. Ticket sales, tv revenue ($43M to $12M), donor contributions, etc, all outperform tu. Those same brand value lists had A&M at 12th with a value of $500M. The stadium and facilities alone are worth more than that.

And those articles are actually another example of how the tu perception is continuously inflated. The reality is much different. ESPN pumps them up because of how much the LHN is struggling, and they're locked in for another 11 years, so they have to keep inflating perception... it would be foolish for them not to. Personally, I'll be shocked if the LHN lasts beyond 2028/2029 when espn can afford to buy out the agreement. And it certainly won't get renewed beyond 2031, when the contract is up. I guess you should never say never, but, unless tu wins another NC, it'll be a stretch to garner even close to enough interest to keep it afloat.

Edit to add: to tu's credit, the brand they have established is the strongest ever, with ND a somewhat distant second. That longhorn emblem carries clout and influence and it's the only reason that they have been able to stay as strong as a brand. There'sa reason too why A&M and tu are the top earners... our collective fans are the most passionate in the land and that's a beautiful thing. I'm very content to have large separation from tu in just about every way, and still have a soft spot for them as I was a lifelong longhorn (great grandparents all the way to cousins and siblings went to tu) until I decided to get out of Austin (Lake Travis alum), but it good to see that A&M is fulfilling it's true potential as tu can't actively control or work against us as they could within the same conference. Their own manipulation and control has hurt them and the big xii, and that's fine by me, and many other Ags, I would assume.
Class of '00
Gig 'em!
Flexbone
These ridiculous discussions about "brand value" are hilarious. There's nothing more pie in the sky, imaginary, irrelevant bull**** than a college team..that can't be bought or sold to validate said claim....having "brand value."
Post removed:
by user
A_Gang_Ag_06
AG

PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Flexbone said:

These ridiculous discussions about "brand value" are hilarious. There's nothing more pie in the sky, imaginary, irrelevant bull**** than a college team..that can't be bought or sold to validate said claim....having "brand value."
Are we allowed to agree on OR? This is a strange feeling for me
Old McDonald
smudge14255 said:

33 said:

There is also the fact that tu is now losing ground when it comes to the money game. They lead the nation for years, and by a large margin. Now they are 2nd to 'little br other' A&M, who closed the gap lightning quick and is now ahead of them there

this is untrue, texas out-earned tamu by 7 million in 17-18, the last year info is available for

https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances/
Here we go again....
Smudge
AG
tshirtmoron said:

smudge14255 said:

33 said:

There is also the fact that tu is now losing ground when it comes to the money game. They lead the nation for years, and by a large margin. Now they are 2nd to 'little br other' A&M, who closed the gap lightning quick and is now ahead of them there

this is untrue, texas out-earned tamu by 7 million in 17-18, the last year info is available for

False. 2019 numbers are out. Like I said, tu has led the charge for years, but the gap was closing quickly and A&M passed them up last year by a good margin.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chrissmith/2018/09/11/college-footballs-most-valuable-teams/#41223916c647

Out earned tu by $15M and had $20M more in profit.

Boom. Roasted.

Edit to add: I think the article you posted is for total athletics revenue, not just football. I haven't seen any other numbers in any football figures for any school nearing the $200M mark. And that page says nothing about football, just 'ncaa revenue.'
Class of '00
Gig 'em!
Old McDonald
if 2019 numbers are out why are you posting an article from 2018?

from the very table you're citing in that article: "revenue and profit estimates are three-year averages for 2014, 2015, 2016 seasons"

tamu caught up during their fundraising spree, and is now falling behind again. i'm sure the shareholders are pleased with the profit margin though.
ghollow
AG
tshirtmoron said:

smudge14255 said:

33 said:

Hey moron,

using your information, A&M profit for the year was $46 million, tu profit for the year was just under $13 million.

Profit = Money Earned - Expenses

A&M > tu

[url]https://www.forbes.com/sites/chrissmith/2019/09/12/college-football-most-valuable-clemson-texas-am/#bdc44e0a2e7e[/url]
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.