Texas Longhorns...playoff contenders in 2020!

5,858 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by AgCat93
BohunkAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Madman
AG
I fail to see how locker room romance is going to get the sips into the playoffs.
Tamu_mgm
AG
And in 2019
And in 2018
And in 2017
And in 2016....
Clob94
We'll be lucky to win 8 next year.
Señor Chang
AG
TPS_Report
AG
I expected better from Cole "Rubik's" Cubelic.
Tamu_mgm said:

And in 2019
And in 2018
And in 2017
And in 2016....

Let's hope for both our teams that past performance is not indicative of future results.
dog
AG
BohunkAg said:

What's his definition of "contend"?
dog
ABATTBQ11
AG
BohunkAg said:

Cole Diclic

FIFH
Madman
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

BohunkAg said:

Cole Diclic

FIFH
I thought his name was Pubelic?
MROD92
33 said:

Tamu_mgm said:

And in 2019
And in 2018
And in 2017
And in 2016....

Let's hope for both our teams that past performance is not indicative of future results.

Oh I don't think it will be. It's going to be far far worse
stick93
AG
I realize that they have a fanbase ripe for clickbait headlines. But who, in their right mind, would continue to write this stuff? At some point it seems like a sane person would finally give up and make them prove something. Let me guess: There is probably a similar article about how 2020 is also the year of the Cornhusker.
Eric Forman
AG
Has to be a misunderstanding... they're playoff contenders in Quidditch
PneumAg
Cole is better than this. Pretty disappointing.
EastSideAg2002
People will say anything after doing a line off a strippers ass.
Bottlehead90
AG
Of course they are!
They played lsu closer than clemson.
Give Mensa a raise and an extension!

MROD92 said:

33 said:

Tamu_mgm said:

And in 2019
And in 2018
And in 2017
And in 2016....

Interesting. You think both teams will do far worse than the last four years?
Flexbone
33 said:

MROD92 said:

33 said:

Tamu_mgm said:

And in 2019
And in 2018
And in 2017
And in 2016....

Do you think their performances the last few years are even? You play against the worst talent in the Power 5. We play the best.
Z Team
AG
Second decommit yesterday. Full pattern in effect.
Tamu_mgm
AG
You don't just walk into Aimes, Manhattan, Lawrence, or Waco and expect to win!
Flexbone said:

33 said:

MROD92 said:

33 said:

Tamu_mgm said:

And in 2019
And in 2018
And in 2017
And in 2016....

Do you think their performances the last few years are even? You play against the worst talent in the Power 5. We play the best.
I'm not comparing teams. My comment is that I hope that the last few years of both A&M and Texas football don't indicate what 2020 will be. During the referenced 4 year period, our teams averaged:

A&M - 8 wins 5 losses
Texas- 7.5 wins 5.5 losses

I expect both teams to do better in 2020.

A&M has a significantly easier schedule than last year.

Stop comparing teams. You guys have seen me on here. I consistently root for A&M and donate money to the school every year.

Bash away but I'm not your "typical" Longhorn.
Born Maroon
AG
It's silly but I love the t-girls being over ranked/rated in recruiting and preseason polls.
Makes their fall every year so much more enjoyable.
CoachLB
33 said:

Flexbone said:

33 said:

MROD92 said:

33 said:

Tamu_mgm said:

And in 2019
And in 2018
And in 2017
And in 2016....

I'm not comparing teams. My comment is that I hope that the last few years of both A&M and Texas football don't indicate what 2020 will be. During the referenced 4 year period, our teams averaged:

A&M - 8 wins 5 losses
Texas- 7.5 wins 5.5 losses

I expect both teams to do better in 2020.

A&M has a significantly easier schedule than last year.

Stop comparing teams. You guys have seen me on here. I consistently root for A&M and donate money to the school every year.

Bash away but I'm not your "typical" Longhorn.
. 33- Not bashing. But A&M won 9 & 8 games in Fishers first 2 seasons. He took over a completely different style of offense with players recruited to run a non physical brand of football. A&Ms defense under Sumlin was terrible. Add on the SEC West schedule and Clemson during those two seasons. And with the A&M talent really in the players Fisher has recruited not Sumlin left overs. Wouldn't you agree Fisher has done an excellent job in his first two years. And the Aggies are most certainly a team on the rise?
elfurioso92
AG
The sips must send out templates to the sports reporters for this stuff:

(Coach's Name) has shown why he's considered the brightest mind in the game today.

They are a young team but (Quarterback) is already in the Heisman discussion.

They only won (x) games last year, but no win comes easy in the B12. I'm picking them to win it all in (Year).
McInnis80
Sorry, they don't send out the template. That stuff come already written by the central propaganda office in Austin. All the friendly journalist/lackey has to do put in his byline and he can rest easy. The kind folks at Belmont make a few slight changes to keep their customers happy.
BronkNagurski
8-5 with losses to Clemson, Bama, Auburn, LSU and Georgia.
8-5 with Losses to baylol, Iowa State, TCU, Oklahoma, LSU.

One of these is not like the other.
Horn2015
BronkNagurski said:

8-5 with losses to Clemson, Bama, Auburn, LSU and Georgia.
8-5 with Losses to baylol, Iowa State, TCU, Oklahoma, LSU.

One of these is not like the other.

Against both common opponents we had, The University if Texas did better than Aggie.

I agree. One of these is not like the other.
CoachLB said:

. 33- Not bashing. But A&M won 9 & 8 games in Fishers first 2 seasons. He took over a completely different style of offense with players recruited to run a non physical brand of football. A&Ms defense under Sumlin was terrible. Add on the SEC West schedule and Clemson during those two seasons. And with the A&M talent really in the players Fisher has recruited not Sumlin left overs. Wouldn't you agree Fisher has done an excellent job in his first two years. And the Aggies are most certainly a team on the rise?
Coach, yes I absolutely agree with your comments. I think the Aggies are on the rise as well.
CoachLB
Ok Horn. Why does your team struggle with teams like Kansas, K. State, TCU etc on a yearly basis? Herman has a flaw as a coach. He seems to be able to get his team ready for big games but loses or struggles against bad opponents. If you are not just a troll give us your answer.
CoachLB
33 said:

CoachLB said:

Coach, yes I absolutely agree with your comments. I think the Aggies are on the rise as well.
. Thanks for the answer 33.
CoachLB said:

Ok Horn. Why does your team struggle with teams like Kansas, K. State, TCU etc on a yearly basis? Herman has a flaw as a coach. He seems to be able to get his team ready for big games but loses or struggles against bad opponents. If you are not just a troll give us your answer.

Coach, are you talking to me? I don't have an explanation for this. I have long said that Texas (for some reason) plays to its competition. There's no logical reason why we played both Kansas and LSU in close games at home. We are saying the same thing.
CoachLB
No 33 I was talking to Horn2015. I know you are not a troll. I can have a real football conversation with you. Horn2015 just wants to ruffle feathers.
ntxVol
The BDF is the easiest path to the CFP so, there's that.
Artimus Gordon
Cole was probably out smoking weed with the Minstrel of Culture.
CoachLB said:

No 33 I was talking to Horn2015. I know you are not a troll. I can have a real football conversation with you. Horn2015 just wants to ruffle feathers.
That's what I thought. Horn2015 is not worth the energy. Ignore him and he'll go away.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.