Horn2015 - don't blow your horn -- horn your blow....

3,537 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Muy
OldAg89er
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Horn2015 seems to think that because the sips have inflated recruiting rankings each year that somehow that means they have had the better players since we Aggies left for the Conference of Champions (SEC).

Well, one would think that the best indicator of how good players are is how the NFL sees them after they have been coached up or down by their respective schools.

Here Horn2015 -- choke on this while you horn your blow:

Number of 1st Round NFL Draftees 2012-Present:
Longhorns (Big12): 2
Aggies (SEC): 8

Number of Top 10 First Round Picks 2012-Present:
Longhorns (Big12): 0
Aggies (SEC): 5

Longhorns (Big12) Total NFL Draft Picks - First 3 Rounds 2012 to Present: 5
Year Round Pick
2013 1 15 15 Saints Kenny Vaccaro S
2015 1 32 32 Patriots Malcom Brown DT
2018 2 18 50 Cowboys Connor Williams OT
2017 3 25 88 Texans D'Onta Foreman RB
2018 3 13 78 Bengals Malik Jefferson LB

Texas A&M (SEC) Total NFL Draft Picks - First 3 Rounds 2012 to Present: 16
Year Round Pick
2012 1 8 8 Dolphins Ryan Tannehill QB
2013 1 2 2 Jaguars Luke Joeckel OT
2013 2 30 62 Seahawks Christine Michael RB
2013 3 19 81 Giants Damontre Moore DE
2014 1 6 6 Falcons Jake Matthews OT
2014 1 7 7 Buccaneers Mike Evans WR
2014 1 22 22 Browns Johnny Manziel QB
2015 1 21 21 Bengals Cedric Ogbuehi OT
2016 1 31 31 Seahawks Germain Ifedi OT
2016 3 30 92 Cardinals Brandon Williams CB
2017 1 1 1 Browns Myles Garrett DE
2017 2 18 50 Buccaneers Justin Evans S
2017 3 13 77 Panthers Daeshon Hall DE
2018 2 15 47 Cardinals Christian Kirk WR
2019 2 16 48 Saints Erik McCoy C
2019 3 11 75 Packers Jace Sternberger TE

Number of yeas without any player going in the First 3 Rounds of the NFL Draft 2012 to present:

Longhorns: 4 years
Aggies: 0 years

You WERE Texas -- we are now!
AgCat93
AG
Just what sips hate: cold hard facts.
EastSideAg2002
AgCat93 said:

And vag
Potcake
AG
Those are cool facts but Damon gonna Damon. You're feeding a troll.
AggieBand2004
AG
We have 5 players who were drafted higher than their highest draftee.
Wabs
AG
ABATTBQ11
AG
EastSideAg2002 said:

AgCat93 said:

And vag

And tits
vin1041
AG
Sips beat Utah!
wink1989
AG
And should have beat LSU!
Shadow of CuervoAg
Not to pee in the OP's punchbowl, but Tannehill never played a down when we were in the SEC, and all of the '13 & '14 draftees were holdovers from Sherman's day's in the Big Dumpster Fire Conference.

But good point otherwise.
Do not post opposing views or you too, like me, will become a shadow of your former self.
OldAg89er
Shadow of CuervoAg said:

Not to pee in the OP's punchbowl, but Tannehill never played a down when we were in the SEC, and all of the '13 & '14 draftees were holdovers from Sherman's day's in the Big Dumpster Fire Conference.

But good point otherwise.
Really, not to do it? Then you lift up your leg and try as much as you can?

Well, to pee all over Horn2015 or some other sip's sock and sophomoric response: I clearly stated the first year of comparison was 2012 -- which was after we played our last down in the Big12-2 conference. That year is one of the major talking points the sips point to while stating that we ran away because they supposedly had much better players and coaches than us.

And another false claim is how the Horns have always dominated us, and that also caused us to supposedly "run away" to play Bama, LSU, Auburn, Georgia, Florida instead of Iowa State, Kansas, Tceh, and Iowa State.

Not so fast, sip. Put that pinky away and zip back up.

The 2012 Aggie players were better than what Texas fielded that year. Not a single sip was drafted in the first 3 rounds in 2012. Not one. That pattern occurs several times once Big Brother leaves for the SEC.

We took our better players and better fans and left for a better conference. The best of all football conferences.

Now, as to the sips supposedly always dominating us in football - such was true back when A&M was a much smaller school than the sips. However, in modern times when A&M's attendance grew -- the series was tied 16-16, and should have ended 17-15 in favor of A&M except for a sip Big12-2 official throwing a corrupt flag in our last matchup.

No matter how much you dribbled on the floor beneath your computer desk -- the fact remains:

Since 2012 -- The Aggies have absolutely dominated the Longhorns in both the quantity and the quality of players headed to the NFL. It isn't even close -- though supposedly they are always winning the recruiting rankings.

Here are again this year with NSD just closing. The sips are ranked 9th with a few mid-tier players that nobody wanted mixed in with a few middle of the pack 4 star players? 9th by 247? That is so totally corrupt.

Totally corrupt.

Now go back to Austin and sit down in a trans approved bathroom before you decide to whip it out again.

P.S. Sorry for all the edits. Perhaps one too many before posting....
Shadow of CuervoAg
Dude, please take your meds today - I'm not arguing the general point you are making - I would just suggest better context, since the impact on recruiting and talent development when we left for the SEC did not take hold until Sumlin's first recruiting class in '12. Playing in the SEC had nothing to do with the recruitment, development, and subsequent draft status of the Sherman hold-overs - with the possible exception that they were able to showcase their talents on a bigger stage in the SEC against NFL-level talent.

BTW - you assume too much about my sock. Apparently when you take a differing opinion about Mond than Luicci and you voice it, you will become a shadow of you former self.
Do not post opposing views or you too, like me, will become a shadow of your former self.
OldAg89er
Shadow of CuervoAg said:

Dude, please take your meds today - I'm not arguing the general point you are making - I would just suggest better context, since the impact on recruiting and talent development when we left for the SEC did not take hold until Sumlin's first recruiting class in '12. Playing in the SEC had nothing to do with the recruitment, development, and subsequent draft status of the Sherman hold-overs - with the possible exception that they were able to showcase their talents on a bigger stage in the SEC against NFL-level talent.

BTW - you assume too much about my sock. Apparently when you take a differing opinion about Mond than Luicci and you voice it, you will become a shadow of you former self.
Dude, put your t-shirt away. You are trying to put *your* context on what was posted. Not mine. It just so happens that your context attempts to reduce the dramatic difference between us and the sips. Wonder why, bought a t-shirt at Wal-Mart lately?

We were already on the way to besting the sips in football. The series was tied 16-16 when we left them behind. In antiquity -- yea, they were better - they *were* Texas.

But, in modern times we were toe-to-toe with them for 32 years, and as the last decade began -- we were already moving past them prior to joining the SEC.

Not to mention that it should have been 17-15 in favor of the Aggies except for a cheating sip official who through that 15 yard penalty flag to given them a first down and move them into field goal range at the very end of our last contest with them.

Joining the SEC only expedited the process of leaving them behind in the dust. It was going to happen either way.

titanmaster_race
Potcake said:

Those are cool facts but Damon gonna Damon. You're feeding a troll.
Shadow of CuervoAg
Hey not so bright guy....

https://texags.com/account/profile/16001
Muy
AG
Then Aggsieys should have easily beaten Bama and LSU multiple times to get to the national championship. / sips
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.