Congrats Aggie

20,246 Views | 218 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by mbthomas23
Irwin M. Fletcher
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
mbthomas23 said:

Irwin M. Fletcher said:

mbthomas23 said:

Flexbone said:

mbthomas23 said:

Flexbone said:

mbthomas23 said:

Irwin M. Fletcher said:

mbthomas23 said:

I think I understand. Everyone has it wrong except for you guys.

Re: the SEC argument: Be honest, at best you're riding coattails. I say at best because that doesn't really fit the situation because people who ride coattails actually gain something at the end. More likely you guys are no more than an effective advertisement for the actual competitive teams in the conference. Equally likely is that your program was coaxed into the SEC by smarter ADs because you provided access to fertile recruiting grounds, the benefits of which far outweighed any concern that A&M would be competitive, be it because of the program's history, reputation, location, etc. When you realized this, you panicked and offered the largest contract in CFB history to a coach that's above average but not elite. His NC team was loaded with talent. A lot like the '05 UT team, who also won with decent coaching. Lots of mediocre coaches have NC rings.

The bad news for you guys is that time is running out on that excuse.

Wishful thinking on your part. The fact is that despite being in a much easier league the sips are at best a four loss team most years. You might have a point if A&M doesn't win 10 games next year but I would not hold your breath. If we do and I am willing to bet it's likely then with two years past that being in the SEC we will continue to elevate and be in the playoffs and have an actual real shot to win it, unlike the Big12 champ who will lose as usual in the semis if they even make it.

I think you need to grab a dictionary and look up "fact".

EDIT: And google the meaning of wishful thinking because I didn't express a desire for something to happen.

Actually, you do. What he said is the very definition of a "fact." Texas loses at least 4 games almost every year and that's been true for the last decade and the two preceding the one before it.

Your "facts" were that you finished "ranked." Citing selective opinions don't turn them into facts. If you actually believe Texas would beat us, that just demonstrates how little you know about what you're watching. Go back and look at all the predictors during last season. A&M would have been favored against Texas.

Say what? That's just a terrible post.

1) Facts never include "almost". That's a fact.

2) Was Texas ranked higher in the AP poll than A&M? Yes, it's a fact that they have been for two consecutive years.

You guys really are as stupid as your stereotype.

A&M would have been favored against Texas last season and the season before. That's what all the predictors said all season. It was discussed here regularly. Texas is an awful team. That's uhhh why you fired your coordinators. Citing a final AP ranking has zero to do with who the actual experts think was better. Sportswriters aren't experts.

Herman doesn't recruit well. His classes are lacking where it matters most and that's a big reason he's going to get fired in the next 2 seasons.

We're stupid? Happy to compare my personal balance sheet to yours any day, you ****ing idiot.

"That's what the predictors said all season". So who exactly are these "predictors" and why would they make odds on a game that wasn't going to be played? Everything you said is 100% BS conjecture.

And lol at comparing bank accounts. Because if someone makes good money then they MUST be smart, right? You're all over the place, and using ag.gy logic you must in reality be poor

Odds are he does have a much higher net worth than you, at least based on odds. Here are some facts that I've also shared with Randolph Duke aka Charles Saterfield. A&M grads earn more both upon graduation as well as mid career than tu grads according to pay scale.com. The same site also noted more STEM grads from A&M. Also this is for all levels of both undergraduate and graduate students. Feel free to look this up.

When it comes to millionaires - those with a net worth of at least a million. A&M once again has many more another fact. This was based on a NY times study where they took out nepotism. The sips have more when you count idiot kids who couldn't build anything get to work at daddy's company. Millionaires that come from middle income families or lower favor A&M. In other words they learn how to build wealth from the ground up.

Finally let's look at Fortune 500 CEOs, A&M has four, tu ZERO. This information is readily available. So odds tell me, yes he's vastly more successful than you are, but what would you expect when your university offers associates degrees in Petroleum Land Management.

Yet A&M grads don't have basic reading comprehension skills. Try re-reading what I wrote, maybe say the words out loud as you read

I did read it and understood, it's pretty funny how you don't acknowledge what I pointed out. It was the fact that odds are his balance sheet does dwarf yours, but I suppose you know this already or you would have tried to counter the points I made. I guess your reality having a useless degree while you wait tables is not making you feel superior..
goodAg80
AG
Irwin M. Fletcher said:

mbthomas23 said:

Irwin M. Fletcher said:

mbthomas23 said:

Flexbone said:

mbthomas23 said:

Flexbone said:

mbthomas23 said:

Irwin M. Fletcher said:

mbthomas23 said:

Re: the SEC argument: Be honest, at best you're riding coattails. I say at best because that doesn't really fit the situation because people who ride coattails actually gain something at the end. More likely you guys are no more than an effective advertisement for the actual competitive teams in the conference. Equally likely is that your program was coaxed into the SEC by smarter ADs because you provided access to fertile recruiting grounds, the benefits of which far outweighed any concern that A&M would be competitive, be it because of the program's history, reputation, location, etc. When you realized this, you panicked and offered the largest contract in CFB history to a coach that's above average but not elite. His NC team was loaded with talent. A lot like the '05 UT team, who also won with decent coaching. Lots of mediocre coaches have NC rings.

Wishful thinking on your part. The fact is that despite being in a much easier league the sips are at best a four loss team most years. You might have a point if A&M doesn't win 10 games next year but I would not hold your breath. If we do and I am willing to bet it's likely then with two years past that being in the SEC we will continue to elevate and be in the playoffs and have an actual real shot to win it, unlike the Big12 champ who will lose as usual in the semis if they even make it.

EDIT: And google the meaning of wishful thinking because I didn't express a desire for something to happen.

Actually, you do. What he said is the very definition of a "fact." Texas loses at least 4 games almost every year and that's been true for the last decade and the two preceding the one before it.

Your "facts" were that you finished "ranked." Citing selective opinions don't turn them into facts. If you actually believe Texas would beat us, that just demonstrates how little you know about what you're watching. Go back and look at all the predictors during last season. A&M would have been favored against Texas.

2) Was Texas ranked higher in the AP poll than A&M? Yes, it's a fact that they have been for two consecutive years.

A&M would have been favored against Texas last season and the season before. That's what all the predictors said all season. It was discussed here regularly. Texas is an awful team. That's uhhh why you fired your coordinators. Citing a final AP ranking has zero to do with who the actual experts think was better. Sportswriters aren't experts.

Herman doesn't recruit well. His classes are lacking where it matters most and that's a big reason he's going to get fired in the next 2 seasons.

We're stupid? Happy to compare my personal balance sheet to yours any day, you ****ing idiot.

"That's what the predictors said all season". So who exactly are these "predictors" and why would they make odds on a game that wasn't going to be played? Everything you said is 100% BS conjecture.

And lol at comparing bank accounts. Because if someone makes good money then they MUST be smart, right? You're all over the place, and using ag.gy logic you must in reality be poor

Odds are he does have a much higher net worth than you, at least based on odds. Here are some facts that I've also shared with Randolph Duke aka Charles Saterfield. A&M grads earn more both upon graduation as well as mid career than tu grads according to pay scale.com. The same site also noted more STEM grads from A&M. Also this is for all levels of both undergraduate and graduate students. Feel free to look this up.

When it comes to millionaires - those with a net worth of at least a million. A&M once again has many more another fact. This was based on a NY times study where they took out nepotism. The sips have more when you count idiot kids who couldn't build anything get to work at daddy's company. Millionaires that come from middle income families or lower favor A&M. In other words they learn how to build wealth from the ground up.

Finally let's look at Fortune 500 CEOs, A&M has four, tu ZERO. This information is readily available. So odds tell me, yes he's vastly more successful than you are, but what would you expect when your university offers associates degrees in Petroleum Land Management.

Yet A&M grads don't have basic reading comprehension skills. Try re-reading what I wrote, maybe say the words out loud as you read

I did read it and understood, it's pretty funny how you don't acknowledge what I pointed out. It was the fact that odds are his balance sheet does dwarf yours, but I suppose you know this already or you would have tried to counter the points I made. I guess your reality having a uselless degree while you wait tables is not making you feel superior..
I don't think he has graduated from college.
technoviking
AG
mbthomas23 said:

technoviking said:

mbthomas23 said:

Pretty sure everyone in this forum talks **** about a team they haven't played in 9 years. And I come here to see the other side of the coin. And I've seen pretty much all I need to see.

If I use sarcasm, I'm being immature. If an ag.gy uses sarcasm ("I banged ur mom"), it's funny.

If I talk about an old rivalry, I'm a loser. If an ag.gy talks about an old rivalry (on a site with an entire forum dedicated to doing so), then that's understandable. Why have this forum if not to talk to fans of the other team?

If I use facts, they're dismissed as conjecture. If ag.gy uses facts...well, that's to be seen.

And if you don't at the very least understand my points, i.e. if my posts are unintelligible to you, then the issue is you buddy boy.

Oh snap

Omg cry more you baby

Not crying at all. Prove me wrong on any of those points. And I'm talking facts relevant to my points

You're on an Aggie website crying about being treated unfairly, as a sip. Cry baby.

The fact is that you are immature and a loser. And we all knew this before you even said anything immature and loser-like.
dixichkn
AG
mbthomas23 said:

dixichkn said:

it's my school's board, "feller". I do check in from time to time

Every 11 minutes apparently dork
9:21pm to 10:32pm is a tad more than 11 minutes. Derp. Reading comprehension fail. Which dovetails perfectly with your overall life fail. Have a great evening........ awaiting the oh so witty retort.
mbthomas23
I was referring to the previous post genius
mbthomas23
Irwin M. Fletcher said:

mbthomas23 said:

Irwin M. Fletcher said:

mbthomas23 said:

Flexbone said:

mbthomas23 said:

Flexbone said:

mbthomas23 said:

Irwin M. Fletcher said:

mbthomas23 said:

I did read it and understood, it's pretty funny how you don't acknowledge what I pointed out. It was the fact that odds are his balance sheet does dwarf yours, but I suppose you know this already or you would have tried to counter the points I made. I guess your reality having a useless degree while you wait tables is not making you feel superior..

How crazy of me. I didn't acknowledge a post elaborating on a topic I've already acknowledged as unrelated to the discussion and features points I've already dismissed as unsubstantiated. And then accuses me of diverting. Pretty rich (get it?)
Irwin M. Fletcher
AG
However it's not unsubstantiated, I gave you the sources. It's all true. I know it bothers you. Just another example of how sips concoct a narrative in their head and its shot down, much like recruiting or program potential etc.
mbthomas23
Irwin M. Fletcher said:

However it's not unsubstantiated, I gave you the sources. It's all true. I know it bothers you. Just another example of how sips concoct a narrative in their head and its shot down, much like recruiting or program potential etc.

Except I never argued that A&M grads make less. So you shot down a nonexistent argument on a topic that I couldn't care less about and is totally off topic.
Irwin M. Fletcher
AG
Whatever, why don't you go away. Will be happy to bump this thread at a later date.
mbthomas23
Irwin M. Fletcher said:

Whatever, why don't you go away. Will be happy to bump this thread at a later date.

I think this should be a fitting end to a post full of hypocrisy.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.