Let's revisit realignment, shall we?

19,544 Views | 84 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by West Point Aggie
Jock 07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We're rich as ****
https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/texas-am-aggies/2020/02/04/revenue-increase-shows-sec-is-in-a-league-of-its-own-and-that-texas-ams-100-year-decision-is-looking-pretty-prescient/
technoviking
AG
Dallas morning news???

Either hell has frozen over or..

Señor Chang
AG
I'd like to recognize Bonfire 1996 for laying out exactly what would happen in explicit detail. The sips have been effectively marginalized.
aggie67,74&76
Wabs
AG
vin1041
AG
That guy should be in Vegas!
Biz Ag
AG
To the DMN

TPS_Report
AG
First off, the only reason the BDF still exists is because A&M told t.u. to go get their shine box in 2010 when they said we had to go to the PAC with them.

Secondly, the only reason the little sister schools of the BDF are getting a full share of the Tier 1 revenue is because A&M's move to the SEC made the conference so unstable the t.u. was forced to sign a GOR to keep the sham conference from falling apart.

Lastly, money is really just icing on the cake. The real value of the SEC is playing meaningful games with national exposure against elite competition.
HeyMoe
AG
Geez sippos, when you've lost the DMN.....
DallasAg 94
Mordred
AG
Seor Chang said:

I'd like to recognize Bonfire 1996 for laying out exactly what would happen in explicit detail. The sips have been effectively marginalized.
I was at that bonfire but have no clue what you're talking about. Elaborate?
Potcake
Caesar4
AG
Mordred said:

Seor Chang said:

"Bonfire 1996" is a TexAgs member.
aggiehawg
AG
Caesar4 said:

Mordred said:

Seor Chang said:

And a prolific poster on how realignment was playing out in real time and what the future effects would be.

Nails.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Seor Chang said:

Link? Always a fun re-read but I don't have it book marked
chigger
AG
It wasn't just one post. It was hundreds over several years with pretty near 100% accuracy about what would happen, and has come to pass.
AgBQ-00
AG
What was funny was how often the resident horns of the time told him he was delusional just to have their faces splooged on by reality
Mordred
AG
Caesar4 said:

Oh man, I'm dying over here.
AggieBand2004
AG
Mordred said:

Caesar4 said:

Oh man, I'm dying over here.

I knew a couple of people that died, once. It wasn't very good for them.
Can we help in any way? Call EMS for you? Please elaborate.
jokershady
AG
TPS_Report said:

First off, the only reason the BDF still exists is because A&M told t.u. to go get their shine box in 2010 when they said we had to go to the PAC with them.

Secondly, the only reason the little sister schools of the BDF are getting a full share of the Tier 1 revenue is because A&M's move to the SEC made the conference so unstable the t.u. was forced to sign a GOR to keep the sham conference from falling apart.

Lastly, money is really just icing on the cake. The real value of the SEC is playing meaningful games with national exposure against elite competition.

beefeater87
S
I predicted that texas u would go the way of Ohio U in football and be completely supplanted by its land grant sibling.

Give it another twenty years, tops.
APHIS AG
The SEC, known for very large stadiums, TV ratings, and NC's.

The BDF, known for mediocre teams, low ratings, and crap support.

I think the "sliver" has done well.

And t.u., we will never, ever renew the series. You need us while we do not need you.
Maroon Dawn
AG
They desperately need this game back

Check out this 2020 home schedule they expect people to pay real actual money for:

South Florida

UTEP

West Virginia

Baylor

Purple Baylor

Iowa State

You couldn't giveaway season tickets for that crap

But we are never playing you ever again. You made this bed, now go lie in it.
Artimus Gordon
We are doing great without them, and this article recognizes it. The sips have been whistling past the graveyard since we joined the SEC and It is starting to eat on them. Thus the reason they are bugging us to do a home & home series with them, by spouting all the "renew the rivalry" BS. It just doesn't bring anything to the table for us. We are in a don't call us, we'll call you situation with them. Also known as the catbird seat!
CoachtobeNamed$$$
DeLoss and all sips said they would never play us again. I'm fine with that.
Tamu_mgm
AG
TPS_Report said:

JimboFFisher said:

Not "all sips" said that.

I think we should either play in all sports or none. Playing in every sport except football perpetuates the rivalry. Let's just kill it altogether.
Bucketrunner
I'd be good with not playing them in any sport.
CoachtobeNamed$$$
33 said:

JimboFFisher said:

Not "all sips" said that.

I think we should either play in all sports or none. Playing in every sport except football perpetuates the rivalry. Let's just kill it altogether.
Sounds good to me. Kill it. They add nothing.
Jack Squat 83
AG
But.....but.....They're texas!
Artimus Gordon
Just kill it all and be done with it. I don't know why some people keep trying to force the issue. Forget it and move on. The millennials don't care and the boomers who seem to be the ones behind this are cashing in their chips at a record pace. Won't be long till the issue takes care of itself. The whine in the media about this is worse that a G D Bloomberg commercial.
TPS_Report
AG
Artimus Gordon said:

Just kill it all and be done with it. I don't know why some people keep trying to force the issue. Forget it and move on. The millennials don't care and the boomers who seem to be the ones behind this are cashing in their chips at a record pace. Won't be long till the issue takes care of itself. The whine in the media about this is worse that a G D Bloomberg commercial.
Those G D Bloomberg commercials should be over too! So tired of hearing how he cured cancer and created 10,000,000 super high paying jobs while delivering babies in taxi cabs throughout NYC.
I propose:

- We stop playing each other in all sports. Tournaments (either regular season or post-season) can be the exceptions.

- Each school remove all reference to the other in school songs and activities.

- Texas A&M and Texas release a joint public statement regarding the death of the rivalry.

- We delete the OR forum and focus on things that matter and are relevant to the future.

- And just for fun, we drag pinatas with the likeness of stupid posters (Patch, etc.) through the streets of College Station.

That is my platform.

I'm 33 and I approve this message.
whoop91
AG
33 said:

I propose:

- We stop playing each other in all sports. Tournaments (either regular season or post-season) can be the exceptions.

- Each school remove all reference to the other in school songs and activities.

- Texas A&M and Texas release a joint public statement regarding the death of the rivalry.

- We delete the OR forum and focus on things that matter and are relevant to the future.

- And just for fun, we drag pinatas with the likeness of stupid posters (Patch, etc.) through the streets of College Station.

That is my platform.

I'm 33 and I approve this message.

Two issues:
1) tu will have to admits in the public statement that it was the cause of 4 universities leaving the Big 12 and the selfish behavior of the admin and that it is the sole reason for shutting down the rivalry.
2) you will have to shut up Randy and that will never happen as once you do he will cease to exist.
Raider15
I'm glad it worked out for you guys and, surprisingly it's worked out ok here too financially
I think eventually it will end up with 4 conferences with two 8 team divisions each. In a way, more like when I was in school with 8 or 10 teams.

Anyway, I miss you guys. I miss the non rivalry. I think the original B-12 should have been competitive with the SEC and B-10.
Only the horns could screw up a deal like that.

I hope we meet up in the post season in something before I die- Omaha would be perfect but I'd even show up for a bowl game. I like you guys, it was a lot of fun for a long time. Congrats
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.