Yahoo Sports is reporting.....

2,940 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
LonghornDub
How long do you want to ignore this user?
...that ESPN is preparing an offer to Romo of from $10 to 14 million per year to leave CBS and become the highest paid announcer in history. It's more than he ever made as a QB. The only problem I see is that ESPN has no one near as good as Nantz to pair him with, and I would think Nantz wants to stay at CBS for the golf (Masters, etc.). ESPN nerds will probably want to partner him with Beth Mowins.
God made the country, and man made the town. William Cowper

BQ_90
AG
LonghornDub said:

...that ESPN is preparing an offer to Romo of from $10 to 14 million per year to leave CBS and become the highest paid announcer in history. It's more than he ever made as a QB. The only problem I see is that ESPN has no one near as good as Nantz to pair him with, and I would think Nantz wants to stay at CBS for the golf (Masters, etc.). ESPN nerds will probably want to partner him with Beth Mowins.
I thought ESPN has the masters now.
LonghornDub
I think they do before, after, and maybe the 9 hole tournament. I've seen their ads too, but I saw one for CBS afterwards.

Edit: ESPN televising rounds 1 and 2, CBS 3 and 4.

jja79
AG
Nantz sucks the life out of telecasts. He's over exposed and not what he once was. The MNF games aren't good most of the time so I'm not sure that's attractive
An Ag in CO
AG
Romo + Booger. Greatest pairing ever.
Biz Ag
AG
An Ag in CO said:

Romo + Booger. Greatest pairing ever.
Romo would replace Booger as the color commentator.
PneumAg
ESPN should pair Brad Nessler and Tony Romo.

When Romo first started calling games, I thought he was horrible. But I actually really like him now. Super knowledgeable, and just says whatever streams through his consciousness without much of a filter. Entertaining guy to listen to for sure.
diehard03
Quote:

Nantz sucks the life out of telecasts. He's over exposed and not what he once was. The MNF games aren't good most of the time so I'm not sure that's attractive

Nantz is the goods. His voice is synonymous with a high quality broadcast and his job to set up his color man for success.

He's one of the reasons why Romo is good.
jja79
AG
I understand it's synonymous with big events but he's past his prime. He's the worst at golf. He talks about anything but golf.
vin1041
AG
Good for Tony!!!!!!
LonghornDub
diehard03 said:

Quote:

Nantz is the goods. His voice is synonymous with a high quality broadcast and his job to set up his color man for success.

He's one of the reasons why Romo is good.
Amen. Nantz is the best professional in the business. He's the antithesis of all the clowns on ESPN and Fox - Rome, Cowherd, Stephen A., Sharpe and that a**hole ex-sportswriter from Dallas. Romo is by far the most intelligent color guy. Booger is the worst I've ever heard.

Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
jja79 said:

I understand it's synonymous with big events but he's past his prime. He's the worst at golf. He talks about anything but golf.
Hello friends
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.