Honest Question for Baylor Fans re Roster Mgmt

2,439 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Agsuffering@bulaw
Agsuffering@bulaw
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I come in peace on this one. How does baylor generally handle attrition?

FYI, "Attrition" is a euphemism for cutting scholarships and/or pushing athletes to transfer. Okie Lite is notorious for it. LSU used to be. Others are not so bad. Typically, 3rd year players who have not made it are the ones pushed out.

I ask b/c Rhule said in Dec that he only planned to take 15-17 commitments. I looked at the scholarship distribution and it looks like there are 68 returning scholarship athletes plus a walkon PK who deserves a scholarship. So, that would mean Rhule did not intend to cut anybody (I assume he was telling the truth).

Was that Rhule's philosophy or was it dictated by the administration?

I guess Rhule inherited an unusual situation: Most of his '17 class were actually committed to him, not the previous coach. He probably got most of Briles problem-children out after yr1.
AgCat93
AG
Walk on kicker deserving a scholarship? Hope it's not this guy.

Agsuffering@bulaw
John Mayers. Stuck a 50 yarder @ tcu to force OT. He missed one earlier that game. Had a game winner vs isu even though he had missed one earlier in that game.
PneumAg
I hear that their players rape and murder people, and the university and athletic department cover it up.

What was the question again?
Al Bula
AG
I think you meant to post this at that used condom website: rapem365
HeyMoe
AG
They have the local DA run the roster for outstanding warrants. Those who are clean they know they can count on. The rest = Attrition.
Agsuffering@bulaw
This is Old Rivalries. This is the place to discuss sips and baylor. Not every thread must be bitter recrimination.

IF Rhule or baylor limited attrition, it would be interesting to know how and why. B/c, doing so probably puts them at a disadvantage.
BQ_90
AG
who cares he's gone.

but my guess is he handled like everyone else, if you can get a better guy, then somebody gots to go
Agsuffering@bulaw
And frankly, its distasteful how many ungraduated players we have processed. Some turds, but most were just not good enough athletes.

I get that Rhule was lucky in a sense, since his first class were actually kids he wanted. But, they have not had the same attrition. They had 6 scholarship people in the portal last year and 2 this year.

We had 8 in 19, not counting Moton or walkons. We have 8 currently and expect at least 5 more attritions.

I would say pass on Corbin, but if he stays then some other RS Soph goes. At least FSU pays to educate him.

Now, I get the counterpoints. BDF teams can win without much depth. And that is true, but they are still passing
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.