BaylorFans.com is taking it well

9,664 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by AgCat93
Callate Donnie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It's really eff'd up how many times Briles is mentioned. Talk about oblivious.
wbt5845
AG
I wouldn't say they lucked out on Rhule. He turned around a morbid Temple program and had a great resume as a coach. They did WAY overpay him to get him to come to Waco.

Baylor has plenty of $, so they're willing to do the same again. What has screwed them is when Rhule punched out. Baylor is only getting sloppy seconds this time around.

Tulane's Willie Fritz or UNT's Seth Littrell would be smart hires, but they'll probably not be that smart.
goodAg80
AG
wbt5845 said:

I wouldn't say they lucked out on Rhule. He turned around a morbid Temple program and had a great resume as a coach. They did WAY overpay him to get him to come to Waco.

Baylor has plenty of $, so they're willing to do the same again. What has screwed them is when Rhule punched out. Baylor is only getting sloppy seconds this time around.

Tulane's Willie Fritz or UNT's Seth Littrell would be smart hires, but they'll probably not be that smart.

Is it really possible to overpay someone for coaching at Baylor?
wbt5845
AG
I think we're getting ready to find out.
HtownAg92
AG
wbt5845 said:

By lucked out, I meant found someone good willing to take over that steaming dung heap.
lb3
AG
Al Bula
AG
Betting the current AD won't be there when the gor expires.
ham98
Rhule is a freaking genius. I thought he committed career suicide taking the baylol job. He'll probably win the super bowl in a year or two
bonfarr
AG
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001095636/article/panthers-expected-to-hire-baylors-phil-snow-as-dc

Baylolfans was hoping Snow would stay on as DC but looks like Rhule is going to kick them in the nuts on his way to Carolina.
ABATTBQ11
AG
What nuts?
Ag for Life
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

What nuts?

Griner's?
Shadow of CuervoAg
A solid hire for Baylol would be Charlie Strong. Heard that he is available and he brings his "Code of Conduct / Core Values" with him that worked out so well at t.u.....

Strong expectations:

1. Players will attend all of their classes and sit in the front two rows of all of their classes. GAs, academic folks, position coaches will be checking constantly now.

2. No headphones in class. No texting in class. Sit up and take notes.

3. If a player misses a class, he runs until it hurts. If he misses two classes, his entire position unit runs. If he misses three, the position coach runs. The position coaches don't want to run.

4. No earrings in the football building. No drugs. No stealing. No guns. Treat women with respect.

5. Players may not live off campus anymore, unless they're a senior who hits certain academic standards. The University will buy out the leases for every player currently living off campus and put them in the athletic dorm.

6. The team will all live together, eat together, suffer together, and hang out together. They will become a true team and learn to impose accountability on each other. The cliques are over.

7. There's no time for a rebuild. "I don't have time for that." The expectation is that Baylor wins now.

8. Players will learn that they would rather practice than milk a minor injury.

7. The focus is on winning and graduating. Anything extraneous to that is a distraction and will be stamped out or removed.
Do not post opposing views or you too, like me, will become a shadow of your former self.
AgCat93
AG
The last sentence in #4 will disqualify him immediately in the vetting process.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.