Expect the SEC to Sign a 9 Figure Deal With ABC

14,804 Views | 84 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Humorous Username
Madman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2019/12/16/Media/Sports-media.aspx

And we are just getting started boys.
Tom Doniphon
BohunkAg
AG
Yeah, the SEC on CBS is the most undervalued property in sports TV right now....2020 is going to be a big year one way or the other.
Señor Chang
AG
The rich get richer.
Very cool. I would like to see the P5 conferences take less money if they could control the schedules more than they do now. Or, at least consider that as part of these negotiations. Then we don't have to have 2:30 games in Texas during September.
Flashdiaz
AG
33 said:

Very cool. I would like to see the P5 conferences take less money if they could control the schedules more than they do now. Or, at least consider that as part of these negotiations. Then we don't have to have 2:30 games in Texas during September.
I think you meant P4.

Big XII - II avoids the mid-afternoon heat by having brunch games.
Señor Chang
AG
Good thing the BDF has the 11 am time slot locked down.
Seor Chang said:

Good thing the BDF has the 11 am time slot locked down.

How many 11am games have the Aggies played this season? Also, the B1G regularly has 11am games.
Señor Chang
AG
I was agreeing with you. Who would want to play in the 2:30 CBS time slot?
Post removed:
by user
Seor Chang said:

I was agreeing with you. Who would want to play in the 2:30 CBS time slot?
2:30 is great at the right time of year or location. Games in Texas should be night games in the months of August and September.
Madman
AG
I bet Sip tv is rapidly accruing value as well though.

Pretty sure I read that somewhere.
BohunkAg
AG
33 said:

If we started our own TV network, we could take less money and play whenever we wanted.
ABATTBQ11
AG
33 said:

When did concordia get a football team?
TPS_Report
AG
Madman said:

https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2019/12/16/Media/Sports-media.aspx

Going from $55 mil per year to $300 mill would mean an increase of $16 million per year per team! This 100-year decision keeps getting better!
JADE
AG
33 said:

I would like to see the SEC take more money and control the schedules more than they do now.
It's push, time to build the stack!
91_Aggie
AG
33 said:

Currently the CBS contracts shows 1 2:30pm game per week in the SEC.
Out of a possibility of up to 14 games a week, this means that Texas A&M might be playing in one or 2 of those games in September... likely they wouldn't get picked twice in September due to those games being OOC usually.

So, we give up an extra $16 million year to avoid playing at 2:30pm a possibility of one time?!?!

Are you really this stupid?
Tom Doniphon
BohunkAg said:

33 said:

If we started our own TV network, we could take less money and play whenever we wanted.

Brutal.
91_Aggie
AG
BohunkAg said:

33 said:

You can't put a price on getting that game against Kansas every year on the LHN!
Postal
AG
Whatever it takes so I don't have to hear Danielson call another game
HeyMoe
AG
TPS_Report said:

Madman said:

Going from $55 mil per year to $300 mill would mean an increase of $16 million per year per team! This 100-year decision keeps getting better!
Really, next time I see Dr. Bowtie I'm gonna treat him to a small Frosty at Wendy's.
HTownAg98
HeyMoe said:

TPS_Report said:

Madman said:

Really, next time I see Dr. Bowtie I'm gonna treat him to a small Frosty at Wendy's.

Don't be a cheapass. Get him the fries to go with it.
AgDotCom
TPS_Report said:

Madman said:

Wait a minute. If this happens does it mean that based on this $16 million increase by itself, Vanderbilt would be paid $1 million more per year that the $15 million / year the LHN pays to Texas?

Surely that can't be true. Right?
vin1041
AG
Nice raise!
Artimus Gordon
Aren't we currently getting around 43 million? if so the increase of 245,000,000 (300,0000,000- 55,000,000) divided by 15 partners will generate an extra 16,333,333 million for each partner. Raising our share to around 59,333,333 per year. Not too damn shabby, if my math is correct? Where's ol' Randy when you need him?
Tom Doniphon
If only we had our very own little piss ant channel that no one watched.
turboboost
AG
TPS_Report said:

Madman said:

How in the world will whorns make up for this mishap?
LOYAL AG
AG
So will ABC skip the rest of their region contracts and give the SEC a national broadcast every week or will we become another regional partner and lose the national afternoon slot we currently have with CBS?
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
Propane & Accessories
AG
I really hope this happens, as it would mean NO MORE GARY DANIELSON!!!!!!!! With that I hope CBS signs a deal with the Dumpster Fire so that the Sips would be stuck with him!
BohunkAg
AG
LOYAL AG said:

So will ABC skip the rest of their region contracts and give the SEC a national broadcast every week or will we become another regional partner and lose the national afternoon slot we currently have with CBS?
They ain't gonna pay that much for a regional deal. The contracts the other conferences have now are with ESPN/ABC. My understanding is they are on either/or.....this sounds like we would be guaranteed an exclusive ABC game each week.
91_Aggie
AG
Propane & Accessories said:

I really hope this happens, as it would mean NO MORE GARY DANIELSON!!!!!!!! With that I hope CBS signs a deal with the Dumpster Fire so that the Sips would be stuck with him!

Or it means ABC will hire Danielson. When CBS lost the NFC to Fox back in the day, John Madden moved to Fox.
jja79
AG

Texags posters and Danielson remind me of Democrats and Trump. Everyone tells them to hate the guy so they do. Group think.
Muy
AG
whoop91
AG
jja79 said:

Texags posters and Danielson remind me of Democrats and Trump. Everyone tells them to hate the guy so they do. Group think.

I know what you are saying however another possibility is that enough people watch games with him as a broadcaster and hate the product. So it may not be group think so much as a commonality of opinion that he is no good.

You may have a different opinion and that is ok but just because a lot of people have a common opinion does not mean group think because you either like him or you don't.
91_Aggie
AG
It ain't groupthink with Danielson... he is that bad. and if you don't think so, then you obviously like horrible things.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.