Question for the "We Are Now" Crowd

2,653 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TXAGBQ76
PlaneCrashGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've seen "You Were Texas" on Old Rivalries a lot, and I love it so hopefully I can ask this without being accused of being a sip or whatever.

For those of you who reply to the "You Were Texas" crowd with "We Are Now" - How is that any different than the bowling ball saying "We're baaaaaaaaaaaaack"

To me the implication is the same. Where is my misunderstanding?
dermdoc
AG
It is the Rivalries board. Anything that pisses off sips is allowed.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Wooahhhh
AG
more is better
Eric Forman
AG
Correct. If saying "We Are Now" pisses them off.... then We Are Now.
dermdoc
AG
And I believe I started that phrase

You were Texas
We are now

Still sounds good.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Tom Doniphon
Because self respecting Texans aren't skinny jeans wearing, dildo waving fa--gots... and don't even get started on the liberal sht hole that exist today where austin used to be... that ain't texas.

We are.
Horn2015
When Aggie stops complaining that refs cheat for The University if Texas

When Aggie stops crying about how the polls favor The University of Texas over Aggie almost every season

When Aggie stops complaining about how unfair the BOMC is to them and in bed with The University of Texas

When Aggie doesn't cry' out how receuiting rankings are so unfair to Aggie recruits and are so biased for The University of Texas recruits

then, maybe "Aggie is now". Until then, obviously The a University of Texas owns everything and We're Texas.

Good luck!!!!
American Hardwood
AG
Umm, nobody around here is crying or complaining. Those inequities are now fodder for endless jokes. What used to be aggravating is now hilarious. Despite the fact they are true, tu still blows and lives in a world of smoke and mirrors. We've moved on and now laugh at you and your ridiculous circumstances.
Jack Squat 83
AG
American Hardwood said:

Umm, nobody around here is crying or complaining. Those inequities are now fodder for endless jokes. What used to be aggravating is now hilarious. Despite the fact they are true, tu still blows and lives in a world of smoke and mirrors. We've moved on and The college football world now laughs at you and your ridiculous circumstances.
There you go Hardwood, touched it up a bit.
A New Hope
Horn2015 said:

When Aggie stops crying about how the polls favor The University of Texas over Aggie almost every season

When Aggie stops complaining about how unfair the BOMC is to them and in bed with The University of Texas

When Aggie doesn't cry' out how receuiting rankings are so unfair to Aggie recruits and are so biased for The University of Texas recruits

then, maybe "Aggie is now". Until then, obviously The a University of Texas owns everything and We're Texas.

Good luck!!!!
You don't own tcu or isu.
Cy_Tolliver
Also the horns down. I think it's dumb, and I don't recall anyone ever doing it when I was in school. But now that we know sips are such p*ssies that it makes them shake, I recommend doing it every chance possible.
LonghornDub
Horn2015 said:

Good luck!!!!
That's cold!!!
God made the country, and man made the town. William Cowper

Cy_Tolliver
Horn2015 said:

Good luck!!!!
Yeah you guys are awesome. You created a sh*t conference just to make it easy for you and that same conference is kicking your ass.

Hey remember when sips said "Aggies going to the SEC - who cares, they will lose badly". We are 7-3 and 4-2 in the SEC. You had to cheat to beat KANSAS. And not in basketball.
dixichkn
AG
Quote:

What used to be aggravating is now hilarious.
Know why it's hilarious?

Because it's in the rearview mirror.

Let's keep it that way.
KerrvilleAg
Horns down

Hurt your feelings Nancy?
tamc91
AG
Most Aggies who have been watching over the past 20 years realize the inflated recruiting rankings is a major reason your team finds itself in the middle of the worst 10 years in your history. We don't cry about it, and I'm glad the recruiting services have done it. I'm not sure if it was on purpose to try to lure higher rated players, or if it was simply unintentional bias. However, the end result has been awesome.

Brown fired followed by two mediocre hires.
Poor on field performances.
Locker room issues with players with inflated egos.

I just wish Aggies wouldn't document it so well, in hopes most sips don't eventually catch on. Remember the Napoleon saying "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
Artimus Gordon
The sips are more representative of California and ****pile that is San Francisco than they are the state of Texas. They need to drop the Texas part and just be "the Longhorns". They are giving our state a bad name nationally.
dermdoc
AG
Horn2015 said:

Good luck!!!!
The problem is that "Aggie" is no longer the only school that thinks that. We go to all the away fb and baseball away games. Everyplace we go fans will talk about how over hyped y'all are due to the very things you listed above. And they are correct. Y'all are a national joke.

You were Texas.
We are now.
Keep Tom Herman.
dermdoc
AG
Oh, and can any sip list any time in the last 10 years the sips finished higher than their pre season/early season ranking. And that is with consistent top 10 recruiting classes, correct?

Is it really whining when it is stating the truth?

You were Texas.
We are now.
Keep Tom Herman.

And edited to add why are recruits decommitting and players transferring from y'all if y'all are all that?
West Point Aggie
AG
dermdoc said:

Oh, and can any sip list any time in the last 10 years the sips finished higher than their pre season/early season ranking. And that is with consistent top 10 recruiting classes, correct?

Is it really whining when it is stating the truth?

You were Texas.
We are now.
Keep Tom Herman.

And edited to add why are recruits decommitting and players transferring form y'all if y'all are all that?

And from what I learned in a recent thread TH may go around pinching his own nips on the sidelines
Rec
AG
I have to admit the we are now thing is super gay
TXAGBQ76
AG
LOL; looks like somebody git triggered and their feelings are hurt. It's okay little fella.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.