KCBD In Lubbock with positive report on Bonfire Tragedy Anniversary

2,574 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by aTm2004
Hamburger Dan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
KCBD (.Lubbock) had about a two minute story on the Bonfire tragedy. Had an interview with someone from aTm Traditions Council, along with old footage. I believe they said they would recognize a moment of silence during Saturday's FB game. Really nice piece. I'm neither an Aggie nor Red Raider, just a
Tex-Agger.
KerrvilleAg
TAM85
Absolutely Good Bull.
DifferenceMaker Ag
Very un-tceh like of them. Also, very cool. Good bull Tech.
Hamburger Dan
As I said, not an Aggie nor Techster. I've been here in Lubbock nearly four years, I have noticed there are a crap ton of aTm Aggies in this area. Good people.
aggie67,74&76
DifferenceMaker Ag
Hamburger Dan said:

As I said, not an Aggie nor Techster. I've been here in Lubbock nearly four years, I have noticed there are a crap ton of aTm Aggies in this area. Good people.
;Yes, lots of Aggies up that way. Also, since you have been there only 4 year, then you have no way of understanding the true nastiness of that fanbase towards us when we were still going at it every year. It was pretty heated and very ugly at times. Just an FYI.
Hamburger Dan
I've been a HS coach for nearly 40 years, I understand heated rivalries. I've lived in Texas my whole life (60 years) and I still believe there are a few more similarities between Tech and aTm than people let on.
Skull Session
This past summer I had the misfortune of driving back from Utah into Nevada, across northern Arizona and down through New Mexico. Only time in my life that I was glad to see Lubbock Texas. Almost home.
aTm2004
AG
I hated tech when we were in the BDF, but how they acted when we left really changed my mind, especially compared to how Baylor acted. Still don't like them, but respect them a bit more because they knew where they belonged and didn't want to draw any more attention to themselves than they had to.
Callate Donnie
^ agreed.

There was always a nastiness to that game and the way I felt about tech fans. It was more blood lust than rivalry. Now that we have moved conferences, the blood lust is gone. I find myself rooting for them against most other teams.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Hamburger Dan said:

I've been a HS coach for nearly 40 years, I understand heated rivalries. I've lived in Texas my whole life (60 years) and I still believe there are a few more similarities between Tech and aTm than people let on.

I think you are just slightly confused. The tech grad works at the Dominos, the Aggie grad owns the Dominos.
South Platte
Champ Bailey said:

Hamburger Dan said:

I think you are just slightly confused. The tech grad works at the Dominos, the Aggie grad owns the Dominos.
Do you enjoy being a jackass for no reason?
goodAg80
AG
South Platte said:

Champ Bailey said:

Hamburger Dan said:

Do you enjoy being a jackass for no reason?

That's what we live for here.
MooreTrucker
AG
aTm2004 said:

I hated tech when we were in the BDF, but how they acted when we left really changed my mind, especially compared to how Baylor acted. Still don't like them, but respect them a bit more because they knew where they belonged and didn't want to draw any more attention to themselves than they had to.
I live in Lubbock, and there are still plenty of folks here that hate A&M. It's much easier to deal with them, though, now that we don't play them every year.
Big 12-0
My boss at Papa John's is an Aggie, solid dude!
ToddyHill
AG
I agree with you.

Two of my daughters went to Tech. Over an eight year period, I made many trips to Lubbock, and found that...except for the few idiots that give Tech a bad rep...most were decent people. Both of those daughters now have their Masters Degrees and are doing very well in their professional careers. If I could not have attended A&M, and was given the choice between Texas or Texas Tech, it would have been an easy choice to go to Lubbock.
MooreTrucker
AG
Of course there are idiots at Tceh. I hear equal number of stories from Tceh people about idiot Aggies at games. Everybody has their idiots. And generally the good folks far outnumber the idiots.
Hamburger Dan
When I posted that statement last week, I meant it as a compliment towards both schools. Both schools have proud fan bases, both schools are roots in agriculture, both schools have prominent alumni's, and both schools have usually taken a backseat to texas. Most importantly, these two universities only want what's best for them.
I know some people on this forum want only to talk stds, pizza deliveries, and goal posts thrown into crowds - but I'll stand by my statement that Tech and aTm have a lot of similarities.
MooreTrucker
AG
And we both agree that tu sucks, so there's that.
aTm2004
AG
ToddyHill said:

I agree with you.

Two of my daughters went to Tech. Over an eight year period, I made many trips to Lubbock, and found that...except for the few idiots that give Tech a bad rep...most were decent people. Both of those daughters now have their Masters Degrees and are doing very well in their professional careers. If I could not have attended A&M, and was given the choice between Texas or Texas Tech, it would have been an easy choice to go to Lubbock.
Pharmaceutical sales?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.