Listening to Austin sports radio today

8,818 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Madman
aTm2004
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lots of tears. They were talking about good players, and one of the guys was like "what good players?" Reality is moving back in. HerMan will not be happy about this and my call into the show and go full melt like he did when he was at Cougar High.
MyComputerCareer
One thing Mensa is dedicated to defending is the public narrative. His defense may be ranked 126th in the nation, but he can defend against the unfair media (despite claiming he doesn't pay attention).

Maroon Dawn
AG
Amazing how they have all these totally legitimate 4 and 5 star players that they beat out all the Bamas and Clemsons for and yet keep losing to teams like ISU and TCU who get one 5 star player a decade

Almost like there's something fishy going on with their recruiting...
Muy
AG
This is what happens when you pretend 2 and 3 star players are 4 and 5 star players.
aTm2004
AG
It's only going to get better with the transfer portal.
aTm2004
AG
Now they're asking whether or not Ehlinger actually talks to HerMan during the game.
Post removed:
by user
aTm2004
AG
Now saying Herman needs a "dumbass coach" who will look at him and say "hey, dumbass..."
goodAg80
AG

That logo on that ass hole is a thing of beauty.

#keepherman
Born Maroon
AG
goodAg80 said:

#keepherman
May he reign forever.
yeshellyes
AG
Precisely. Whorns will continue to be paper tigers.
Tom Doniphon
goodAg80 said:

The only thing better than this dumb ass coaching them is the dumb asses that keep inflating their recruiting rankings. Dude has "top 10" talent every year and gets his sht pushed in by teams like Maryland, TCU, and ISU.
rbelsom
AG
I think the tu culture takes even the legit 4 & 5 star players and turns them into girly men. No signs of mental toughness.
PneumAg
aTm2004 said:

Now they're asking whether or not Ehlinger actually talks to HerMan during the game.

Some of the stuff they are saying is near verbatim what we said (and heard) about Sumlin. Let's hope they keep Herman around for seven years too.
Potcake
AG
From his press conference:

On not playing to the Texas identity of physicality:

"We haven't coached it well enough. I do think there was a time where we were very, very banged upagain, not an excuse. You're asking for reasons and I'm trying to give you the best that I can. Some of these guys are playing hurt, they're playing through a lot of stuff. You hit the nail on the head we haven't played physical consistently."

WTF have they had an identity of physicality?
Eric Forman
AG
Well, technically making out with each other is "physical".... so there's that.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
They were "physical" at the pool parties, glow stick weight room workouts, and of course the hotel hallway obstacle course.
Rascal
AG
In his defense, they WERE actually physical against a Georgia team that was missing 30% of its starters and its top notch defensive coordinator...
91_Aggie
AG
They are the only team this deep into the season with guys that are banged up. but not an excuse.
80s Guy
UncoverAg00 said:

So does Hermansa have Olivia Newton John's "Let's Get Physical" playing at all meetings?
Caesar4
AG
Maybe part of the problem is that Mensa is no longer checking urine color.
Eric Forman
AG
Mensa strikes me as the type that would rather sing it himself.
80s Guy
UncoverAg00 said:

Mensa strikes me as the type that would rather sing it himself.

Complete with the leotard and leg warmers
dixichkn
AG
Listen to a bit of sports radio here in HTown. Obviously it's extremely pro sports oriented but they still have their mouthpieces down here......the ONLY time they ever talk college football is when they're blowing the sips.

Needless to say I have heard zero college football talk since the Friday before LSU
Eric Forman
AG
Born Maroon
AG
Austin Radio show this morning talked for 45 minutes about whether or not mensa is the "right guy" for the whorns. Riley, Rhule and Peewee all took over programs at the same time and Tiny tom is the only one that's under performed.
Snap E Tom
80s Guy said:

UncoverAg00 said:

So does Hermansa have Olivia Newton John's "Let's Get Physical" playing at all meetings?
Username definitely checks out on this one.
aTm2004
AG
Born Maroon said:

Austin Radio show this morning talked for 45 minutes about whether or not mensa is the "right guy" for the whorns. Riley, Rhule and Peewee all took over programs at the same time and Tiny tom is the only one that's under performed.
In HerMan's defense, the sips just didn't have the kind of talent Baylor did.
highlonesomeaggie
AG
But, but, but, top level recruiting...
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Listening today like

AgEng06
AG
He's currently ****ting on Chip Brown, so right now it's great radio.
TAMC11
AG
goodAg80 said:

#keepherman

Is it just me or does their orange seem to be getting brighter and less burnt?
aTm2004
AG
Listening to his press conference and he sounds deflated. May still be having symptoms from his concussion on Saturday.
nortex97
AG
My take away is that the "Texas is young" mantra is going to continue for at least another 2 years.

I will absolutely continue to nod and agree with that every time it is defensively asserted, happily.
wyoag93
AG
Mensa said that his one word to describe his coaching culture is "parental". Judging from his sideline behavior, he sucks as a parent.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.