Georgia

4,775 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by goodAg80
LonghornDub
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I heard someplace that Georgia is a pushover when they got nothing to play for. Now they've clinched the east in the SEC so will be in the conference championship game and they've lost a game so can't go unbeaten. Does that mean they should be roadkill this week?
God made the country, and man made the town. William Cowper

PFG
AG
Nothing to play for? Hmm. Maybe a playoff spot still?

GFY
dermdoc
AG
LonghornDub said:

I heard someplace that Georgia is a pushover when they got nothing to play for. Now they've clinched the east in the SEC so will be in the conference championship game and they've lost a game so can't go unbeaten. Does that mean they should be roadkill this week?
Well they are certainly no Iowa State. Or TCU,
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
LonghornDub
I'm just trying to keep the narrative consistent here. As far as the playoff spot goes for Georgia, they'll get in if they win the SEC championship game and won't if they don't. Bama would be the second team in the playoffs regardless of what Georgia does against A&M. I think y'all got a gimme this week.

Grits
AG
Yawn.
AgSoccer2007
AG
I guess we will see if they feel that way or not... when they do or do not sit 7 starters?
PFG
AG
I know this...if we win, I can't wait to hear our QB proclaim that we are back, and read the media crown us as next seasons playoff team with a heisman QB.

Isn't that how it works, Sip? And how did that play out?

The ol Sammy weeeerreee bahhhhaaaak clip will live on forever as just another broke D dog trying to rub one out.
LonghornDub
I agree and thought so then. I have wasted neither time nor money using my season tickets in Austin. Doesn't Mond graduate? You need him to.

Gramercy Riffs
AG
Only a troll would say that the #4 team in the playoff rankings has nothing to play for before the regular season is over. That's a very different from the #5 team after the playoff field has been finalized.

You're trying too hard.
Ragoo
AG
LonghornDub said:

I agree and thought so then. I have wasted neither time nor money using my season tickets in Austin. Doesn't Mond graduate? You need him to.
sounds like you wasted money on purchasing your season tickets.
45-70Ag
AG
After being handed another loss by Iowa state and a for sure loss to Baylor this weekend, maybe you should sit in the garage and let the car run while listening to a replay of Vince young in the rose bowl.
Jack Cheese
AG
LonghornDub said:

Why? All he does is play hard each week, beat teams like LSU, and refrain from running his mouth about airport signage and his team's backness.

IOW all things Sam has extreme difficulty accomplishing.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Nice try Jack Palance.
Have another Ensure.
LtZogg
LonghornDub said:

Not your best effort.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
A Net Full of Jello
AG
Dementia can be a very real predator, especially in advanced age. Have you had a physical lately?
Muy
AG
OP is still as clueless as ever. Are 7 UGA players sitting out this weekend?

Sorry you had such a ****ty weekend.
BronkNagurski
4 losses, 4 decommitments. 2 more game. Concerned?
Madman
AG
If Georgia beats us, then GTech, and THEN beat LSU the go to the playoff.

How is something this simple possibly confusing you?

When Georgia minus 7 starters played your t shirt school they had just missed out on going to the playoffs, and beating your scrub ass, a team that never crosses their mind as relevant, was just not that exciting for them.

Edited for spelling.
goodAg80
AG
Dub-

You must be worried that A&M will win. Your twisted logic is a laugh, but won't it suck for horns if A&M wins?

91_Aggie
AG
BaylorDub is in full-on dementia now.
Hope he has family to keep him from wandering into the middle of a busy street.
yell_on_6th st
AG
When a team in dildoville has nothing to play for, they descend on their depressed coach to provide intimate favors in a pathetic attempt to gain his approval since they can't perform on the field. He doesn't have enough "juice" or ed pills to interact with all of them, so he focuses on the skill players while giving all of them a fatherly pat on the head.
stick93
AG
Madman said:

If Georgia beats us, then GTech, and THEN beat LSU the go to the playoff.

How is something this simple possibly confusing you?

When Georgia minus 7 starters played your t shirt school they had just missed out on going to the playoffs, and beating your scrub ass, a team that never crosses their mind as relevant, was just not that exciting for them.

Edited for spelling.

I looked some of this up the other day. Georgia was in such bad shape on defense that they had a DB start and play the whole game that was an early enrollee/true freshman. An early enrollee that blew out his ACL in the spring and had never played a down of College Football until the Sugar Bowl.
David_Puddy
AG
I don't think this thread went quite as Baylor Dub envisioned it going in his head.
ABATTBQ11
AG
PFG said:

Nothing to play for? Hmm. Maybe a playoff spot still?

GFY

Pretty sure he does this on a nightly basis...
jkag89
LonghornDub said:

I'm just trying to keep the narrative consistent here. As far as the playoff spot goes for Georgia, they'll get in if they win the SEC championship game and won't if they don't. Bama would be the second team in the playoffs regardless of what Georgia does against A&M. I think y'all got a gimme this week.
They still may very well earn a playoff spot if they go undefeated in the regular season and lose the SEC title game. So in other words, the game against the Aggies is still important in that it keeps an additional road to the playoff open. Why are you so sure Bama would get the nod over the Dawgs in the scenario you presented?
91_Aggie
AG
David_Puddy said:

I don't think this thread went quite as Baylor Dub envisioned it going in his head.
I'm not sure he can envision anything at this point in his life.
Dude that couldn't handle the tough classes at tu in the 50's and his parents made him come back to Waco to live with them and go to Baylor has to be pushing mid-70s now... right now, he's hoping he can just can get through the day with only 2 or 3 Depends changes.

Flexbone
So, your argument is that Georgia can lose to us and Georgia Tech, accumulating thus 3 losses, but that's ok because if they win the SEC title game, they'll be in the playoff as a 10-3 team?

How old are you, again?
CoachLB
Tell Georgia that they are not in the final 4, tell Georgia to sit 7 starters, have their disgruntled 5star back-up QB talking transfer and not get to play. Give both teams several weeks before we play. And yeah, we have pretty much the same thing.
rootube
AG
LonghornDub said:

Counterpoint. What does Baylor have to play for when they run over the horns in Waco?
Gunny456
AG
That is not what they said on ESPN about ten minutes ago.
LonghornDub
Friends have been using them for seven years. I don't enjoy bad football.

APHIS AG
LonghornDub said:

But this time, all of the starters will be playing instead of the seven starters that sat out in their bowl.
Potcake
AG
LonghornDub said:

Friends have been using them for seven years. I don't enjoy bad football.

That's the definition of frontrunner. You may want to use them soon, while you can. BTW, I liked your character in the Hangover.
LonghornDub
goodAg80 said:

Dub-

You must be worried that A&M will win. Your twisted logic is a laugh, but won't it suck for horns if A&M wins?

You must be getting old and forgetting. I pull for the Aggies against everyone but UT.

dermdoc
AG
LonghornDub said:

And from watching the games on tv, a lot of sip "fans" have followed your lead.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.