Beating the Pokes was a "statement win"?????

11,969 Views | 107 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 69huslinone
Repeat the Line
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ESPN analyst said this was a statement win. I realize it was a decade ago since the horns last beat Oklahoma State in Austin. However, since when is a six point victory at home over an unranked team a "statement win"??????
BronkNagurski
Adorable Mason Reeves said:

ESPN analyst said this was a statement win. I realize the it was a decade ago since the horns last beaten Oklahoma State in Austin. However, since when is a six point victory at home over an unranked team a "statement win"??????
Since a fact could sort-of be shoewhorned into fitting the narrative
#banjoboy4heisman
#studs2duds
#dildosRTessus
goodAg80
AG
So far horn has played the top 4 teams in football.
AgEng06
AG
I heard on Austin radio that LSU is a playoff team and has the best win so far this season...
GAC06
AG
The statement is that they had two meaningful games scheduled this year, and they lost the first one.
Token
AG
they hadn't beaten OSU at home since 2008
let that sink in
Your Friend
Ok St is a good football team and Texas beat them despite being riddled with injuries and committing 2 unforced turnovers. That said, I wouldn't describe it as a statement win.
MaterialAg
AG
The statement is that the 'horns are back to mediocre and talking a lot about it.
technoviking
AG
Your Friend said:

Ok St is a good football team and Texas beat them despite being riddled with injuries and committing 2 unforced turnovers. That said, I wouldn't describe it as a statement win.

Oklahoma State's best win is against Oregon St, on what criteria are you basing your "good" grade?
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
technoviking said:

Your Friend said:

Oklahoma State's best win is against Oregon St, on what criteria are you basing your "good" grade?
He is basing it on okie lite not having a blow out on their schedule already like they are used to with Big 12 conference games.
technoviking
AG
Great Beard of Zeus said:

technoviking said:

Your Friend said:

He is basing it on okie lite not having a blow out on their schedule already like they are used to with Big 12 conference games.

It reminds me of the Texas fans that held signs saying "we want Maryland" because they had a couple of wins to start the season, only to turn around and lose to Temple.

Sips love riding coattails.
Texan1976
technoviking said:

Your Friend said:

Is A&M a good team?

What is A&M's best win?

What criteria are you basing good on?
GAC06
AG
We aren't talking about a win over A&M being a "statement win", dip****
stick93
AG
Texan1976 said:

technoviking said:

Your Friend said:

Is A&M a good team?

What is A&M's best win?

We don't have a good win yet. Neither does Texas, much less a "statement" win. That's the point Einstein.
technoviking
AG
Texan1976 said:

technoviking said:

Your Friend said:

Is A&M a good team?

What is A&M's best win?

Excellent use of the hardly dependable "what about" argument. Okie State's best win this year was against Oregon state, who lost to Hawaii.

Y'all don't get another crack at a "good team" until Oklahoma.
JustisWalkert
AG
The game hinged on two trick plays, one by each team. One worked. One failed.
halfone85
Honest question.. look deep down and tell me, do you really think A&M is better than Texas? I know snowflakes answer, but anyone else?
redline248
AG
A&M is better than tu in football
PFG
AG
Quote:

look deep down and tell me, do you really think A&M is better than Texas?

Dumb question.

Bc it does not take a deep look to know.

2019 longhorn team > 2019 Aggie team

No doubt in my mind, lining up against each other and cross eyed horn qb gonna have fun against us.
technoviking
AG
halfone85 said:

Honest question.. look deep down and tell me, do you really think A&M is better than Texas? I know snowflakes answer, but anyone else?

"Snowflake".

I've only used facts to back up my positions.

If you think that texas' defense is on a par with clemson's or Auburn then you are sorely mistaken. Mond would have a field day with that overrated secondary. There's no one near Derrick Brown's level on the line. The linebackers are not good.

It's unreal how lofty your opinion is of the longhorns considering the best games they put together were a loss and against Okie lite. You guys aren't on a level with the best in the country, yet you obviously think they are. You're hanging your hat on a 6 point home win over a team that hasn't proven itself against anyone worth a crap. And whom the refs had to play a hand in for y'all to beat.

"Snowflake." If we're giving monikers out then you must be Humpty Dumpty. It's just a matter of time before the horns fall again this year and you can't put yourself back together.
Flexbone
PFG said:

Quote:

look deep down and tell me, do you really think A&M is better than Texas?

Dumb question.

Bc it does not take a deep look to know.

2019 longhorn team > 2019 Aggie team

No doubt in my mind, lining up against each other and cross eyed horn qb gonna have fun against us.

Yeah, I wonder how our offense would do against the 110th ranked defense in America and the 126th ranked pass defense. On the flip side, Texas' 15th ranked offense against our 39th ranked defense and 33rd ranked pass defense. We kept Trevor Lawrence in check. I wonder if Sam is better than him?
BQ78
AG
I think the statement was, "Yeah we are 30% against Gundy in the decade of the '10s."
Your Friend
How much do you think the ags would be favored over Texas on a neutral field if they played tomorrow?
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Dumbass
Aggie Dad Sip
Adorable Mason Reeves said:

ESPN analyst said this was a statement win. I realize it was a decade ago since the horns last beat Oklahoma State in Austin. However, since when is a six point victory at home over an unranked team a "statement win"??????
ESPN is dumber than a bag of hammers. The Texas win over Oklahoma State was an ugly win over a conference opponent that tends to give them fits. Nothing more. I was glad to see them get the win after playing so poorly, but that's about it.
GAC06
AG
http://www.espn.com/college-football/statistics/teamratings
PFG
AG
Quote:

We kept Trevor Lawrence in check. I wonder if Sam is better than him

Check the stats. The answer is yes. Yes, cross eyed is having a better year than Lawrence.

Sorry, truth is the truth. Clemson and Horn have had similar schedules. 1 good opponent + others. Clemson won their game (v Ags), bc better defense. Horn lost theirs (v LSU) bc less defense.

But stat line to stat line, Sam > Trevor in 2019 thus far.

There's not an Aggie fan I know that wouldn't trade Mond for Cross Eyed. We'd be 3-1 at worst. Arguably 4-0 with a top 6 ranking.
redline248
AG
PFG said:

Quote:

Check the stats. The answer is yes. Yes, cross eyed is having a better year than Lawrence.

Sorry, truth is the truth. Clemson and Horn have had similar schedules. 1 good opponent + others. Clemson won their game (v Ags), bc better defense. Horn lost theirs (v LSU) bc less defense.

There's not an Aggie fan I know that wouldn't trade Mond for Cross Eyed. We'd be 3-1 at worst. Arguably 4-0 with a top 6 ranking.

You don't know me, but I would not trade QBs with sip. The rest of your claim is speculative garbage. Go post on their boards.
dermdoc
AG
Texan1976 said:

technoviking said:

Your Friend said:

Is A&M a good team?

What is A&M's best win?

Is tu a good team?

What is tu's best win?

This is fun.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Your Friend
Why wouldn't you trade mond for Sam?
aginlakeway
AG
Your Friend said:

Why "mond" vs "Sam" as far as upper/lower case and first/last name? Why the difference?
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
Your Friend
aginlakeway said:

Your Friend said:

Why "mond" vs "Sam" as far as upper/lower case and first/last name? Why the difference?

I didn't manually capitalize either. It just autocorrected Sam
Flexbone
PFG said:

Quote:

What a ****in mongoloid
Flexbone
Your Friend said:

How much do you think the ags would be favored over Texas on a neutral field if they played tomorrow?

Your defense is absolutely terrible. It's hilarious that you think offense is the only side of the ball. Even though your offense hasn't produced dick against any defense worth a ***** 15 offense vs 28 offense
110defense vs 39 defense
A New Hope
PFG said:

Quote:

Obvious sip lurker
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.