Wait, wait, hold up....Texas @ Rice? AT Rice?

8,453 Views | 67 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TXAG 05
abacavir
How long do you want to ignore this user?
LOL we kept a home gate? A&M kept it not any of you dildos posting on this board.
goodAg80
AG
Bonfire1996 said:

huisachel said:

You guys played Texas State of the Sunbelt conference and you whine about UT and Rice, who we have been playing for a century?

It's a tradition game. You guys used to have traditions and then you became just another real and real rich state university
at home dumbshlt. And we kept our home gate, concessions, and recruits could visit.
Have pity. The old cuss can't read.
MaroonDynasty
Wow, horns only have 6 home games this year... who f'd that up?!?
Muy
AG
huisachel said:

You guys played Texas State of the Sunbelt conference and you whine about UT and Rice, who we have been playing for a century?

It's a tradition game. You guys used to have traditions and then you became just another real and real rich state university

Tradition like you guys leaving Rice, SMU, TCU, and Houston behind when you went to the BDF? That kind of tradition?
ABATTBQ87
AG
MaroonDynasty said:

Latech
LSU
OSU
KU
KSU
TT

That is a boring slate of home games
Bottlehead90
AG
MaroonDynasty said:

Well sometimes small schools have to play a lot of road games (money games) to help pay the bills. Southern Miss is a great example.

Wait are we talking about Rice or Belmont?
LonghornDub
Muy said:

Think they're playing at NRG... because it's such a big deal.
Let's see. NRG at 72 degrees. Rice Stadium, DKR, and Kyle Field at 95+ and humid. A chance for Houston area kids with no money to travel to see the team. I'll take "Why don't we do this every year" for $100, Alex.

God made the country, and man made the town. William Cowper

HTownAg98
It's also being broadcast on CBS Sports network. The game will be over before most people can find the channel.
Post removed:
by user
LonghornDub
Bonfire1996 said:

OK_Sip said:

Bonfire1996 said:

Who cares if it is at the big Houston venue. You split ticket sales, and gave up home gate and everything that goes with that for freaking rice?

I have no issue with Texas playing Rice in Houston. It's crucial to recruit there and Texas has a large alumni base there.
As already stated...

1. Do Houston recruits travel by horse and buggy?
2. It's a Rice home game. Sips can't give free tix to recruits.
3. Texas alumni are going to pay good money to go to this game. Too bad Rice gets to keep most of it.

Sips are too dumb to insult.
1. Many can't afford to travel much.
2. I guess you don't know they just call Rice for free tix and see both teams. We don't battle Rice for recruits.
3. Our alumni and athletic dept. have enough money to afford getting to play in a stadium with ac once a year.

Next.
God made the country, and man made the town. William Cowper

aginlakeway
AG
Like that big stadium in Arlington? Does that stadium have air conditioning? Is that a nice stadium?

I wish the Aggies could play a game a year in such a nice stadium.

By the way ... have you been to a game at Kyle since it was rebuilt? I'm curious how you compare it to DKR.
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
HTownAg98
LonghornDub said:

Bonfire1996 said:

OK_Sip said:

Bonfire1996 said:

Who cares if it is at the big Houston venue. You split ticket sales, and gave up home gate and everything that goes with that for freaking rice?

I have no issue with Texas playing Rice in Houston. It's crucial to recruit there and Texas has a large alumni base there.
As already stated...

3. Texas alumni are going to pay good money to go to this game. Too bad Rice gets to keep most of it.

1. Many can't afford to travel much. Again, you're saying your fans are poor. However, with low gas prices, 11:00 am kickoffs, and Groupon tickets, most anyone can do this day trip with a little planning and budgeting.
2. I guess you don't know they just call Rice for free tix and see both teams. We don't battle Rice for recruits. Your five-star with a non-P5 offer list would run counter to that claim.
3. Our alumni and athletic dept. have enough money to afford getting to play in a stadium with ac once a year.We've been playing the pigs in Jerryworld every year. To be honest, we're trying to get out of this game because the gate sucks and both teams could make more money with a home and home.

Next.
Bottlehead90
AG
LonghornDub said:

Bonfire1996 said:

OK_Sip said:

Bonfire1996 said:

As already stated...

1. Many can't afford to travel much.
2. I guess you don't know they just call Rice for free tix and see both teams. We don't battle Rice for recruits.
3. Our alumni and athletic dept. have enough money to afford getting to play in a stadium with ac once a year.

Next.

"Our alumni"?
You mean baylor? Because they don't
yell_on_6th st
AG
huisachel said:

Nobody said you could post. Stfu and sit in the corner.
BurntOrangeIsBeautiful
Lamar was busy I think.
Jock 07
AG
TXK said:

Lamar was busy I think.

Nice try but we're not playing at Lamar dip*****
Artimus Gordon
A whopping 42,000 showed up for the Texas ricearoni bowl at nerg stadium and that was generous. I guess the hoodlum horn fans that overran DKkr the week before didn't follow the team to Houston.

The night before WSU vs UH drew 40,500 to nrg.
Ragoo
AG
ABATTBQ87 said:

MaroonDynasty said:

Latech
LSU
OSU
KU
KSU
TT

losing half isn't boring.
ClassOf17
ABATTBQ87 said:

MaroonDynasty said:

Latech
LSU
OSU
KU
KSU
TT

The biggest game is one A&M plays every year.

YAWN
BohunkAg
AG
ABATTBQ87 said:

BohunkAg said:

ABATTBQ87 said:

BohunkAg said:

jblaschke said:

BohunkAg said:

I hate to be that guy, but we played at SMU, so f-ck it.

Were current recruits even alive then?
Uh, it was Johnny's freshman year, so yes.
Sophomore year
He was a Redshirt freshman. Geez Louise.

https://12thman.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=900

Quote:

2012 (FRESHMAN)

Became the first-ever freshman and the second Aggie to win the prestigious Heisman Trophy, college football's top individual honor, by more than 150 first-place votes after a record-setting season

Aggies played rice August 31, 2013 the year AFTER Manziel won the Heisman. So it was his second season, which would be considered a redshirt sophomore season
That's where we misunderstood each other, kemosabe. I was speaking of us playing a road game against SMU, which was 2012...I know because I sweated my ass off with those entitled effers and then Tom Doniphon almost got us into a fight at the Dallas Pappadeaux's
TXAG 05
AG
Artimus Gordon said:

A whopping 42,000 showed up for the Texas ricearoni bowl at nerg stadium and that was generous. I guess the hoodlum horn fans that overran DKkr the week before didn't follow the team to Houston.

The night before WSU vs UH drew 40,500 to nrg.

To be fair, that 42,000 was all Texas. The stadium was all orange except for one little section of blue.
KerrvilleAg
And a split gate with Rice regardless of what color bought the tickets.

Shoot we get almost that in student attendance alone at a home game.
South Platte
BohunkAg said:

ABATTBQ87 said:

BohunkAg said:

ABATTBQ87 said:

BohunkAg said:

jblaschke said:

BohunkAg said:

Sophomore year

Quote:

2012 (FRESHMAN)

Became the first-ever freshman and the second Aggie to win the prestigious Heisman Trophy, college football's top individual honor, by more than 150 first-place votes after a record-setting season

Aggies played rice August 31, 2013 the year AFTER Manziel won the Heisman. So it was his second season, which would be considered a redshirt sophomore season
That's where we misunderstood each other, kemosabe. I was speaking of us playing a road game against SMU, which was 2012...I know because I sweated my ass off with those entitled effers and then Tom Doniphon almost got us into a fight at the Dallas Pappadeaux's

Looks like it was in Dallas in 2014 also . . . and on Mockingbird . . .
https://12thman.com/boxscore.aspx?id=89&path=football
Caesar4
AG
South Platte said:

BohunkAg said:

ABATTBQ87 said:

BohunkAg said:

ABATTBQ87 said:

BohunkAg said:

jblaschke said:

BohunkAg said:

Sophomore year

Quote:

2012 (FRESHMAN)

Aggies also played SMU in Dallas, at Ford Stadium, in 2012.
South Platte
Caesar4 said:

South Platte said:

BohunkAg said:

ABATTBQ87 said:

BohunkAg said:

ABATTBQ87 said:

BohunkAg said:

jblaschke said:

BohunkAg said:

Sophomore year

Quote:

2012 (FRESHMAN)

Aggies also played SMU in Dallas, at Ford Stadium, in 2012.
Too much money to be made on home games now, but I like being able to drive 30 minutes to see a game instead of 3-4 hours. I wish everybody would schedule series like that.
Caesar4
AG
I think something got mis-communicated here:

• Bohunk: Ags played at SMU in 2012
  • Platte: No, it was probably 2014
  • Caesar: I think Bohunk indeed meant 2012
  • Platte: I like short drives on gameday. ???

LOL

South Platte
Caesar4 said:

I think something got mis-communicated here:

• Bohunk: Ags played at SMU in 2012
  • Platte: No, it was probably 2014
  • Caesar: I think Bohunk indeed meant 2012
  • Platte: I like short drives on gameday. ???

LOL

Damn. I think it's my fault.

Caesar4
AG
ROTFL!
David_Puddy
AG
Your Friend said:

coolerguy12 said:

Desperately trying to recruit in a sliver of east Texas.

Texas has been scheduling games in Housto

There's nothing desperate about longhorn recruiting. Herman is dominating

Did you go watch your first ever Tom Herman coached game, since it was right in your backyard, you noodle armed goob?
Your Friend
No I was out of town
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Dumbass
RockOn
Since Texas was the 'visiting' team, did they get to bring their/Big12 refs? That might be an advantage over calling it a neutral site game.
Artimus Gordon
Attendance at rice stadium normally runs around 17,000. So you can figure about 25-28,000 were sip fans, which figured into the rice take from the game. This was one of the reasons why the SWC dissolved and the teams went their separate ways!
TXAG 05
AG
Artimus Gordon said:

Attendance at rice stadium normally runs around 17,000. So you can figure about 25-28,000 were sip fans, which figured into the rice take from the game. This was one of the reasons why the SWC dissolved and the teams went their separate ways!

I was there. The crowd was 95% Texas. Only a handful of rice fans there
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.