T Boone Pickens passes away

2,125 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Madman
racerfink
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.wsj.com/articles/oilman-t-boone-pickens-jr-dies-11568225782
Bobcat06
AG
Ok State payday?
Wildcat
AG
Bobcat06 said:

Ok State payday?

I can think of nothing that better encapsulates the human spirit than this question.
HeyMoe
AG
Dont look at me. Ive got an alibi.
aggiederelict
He still owes Ok State and a lot of other people a lot of money. They will try to sell that ranch to service his debt.
goodAg80
AG
HeyMoe said:

Dont look at me. Ive got an alibi.
Are you one of his kids?
45-70Ag
AG
aggiederelict said:

He still owes Ok State and a lot of other people a lot of money. They will try to sell that ranch to service his debt.

Has it not sold yet?
It went for sale a couple of years ago
Potcake
AG
That ranch is sweet. We were allowed on it to do some work in the Canadian. It's hard to believe that is the same Canadian River as in Borger.
aggiederelict
Not last I heard which was a few weeks ago. Ted Turner looked but apparently laughed at the price.
MaterialAg
AG
That ranch isn't near worth what he was asking for it. An auction will clear it properly.

What a mess.

CanyonAg77
AG
He left A&M because we took away his $25 a semester scholarship. Lots of people wish we hadn't done that, so we would get the money he gave to OK State.

But there's a lot of drama with Boone's money. He pledged a lot of money to WTAMU, and if I recall correctly, they named the business school after him. But he took the money back, I think after he moved his business out of Amarillo.
Repeat the Line
He was a miserable old coot.
Madman
AG
They just announced his body will be embalmed and on eternal display behind glass. I kind of like this.

On the other hand the decision to dress him in a giant orange foam cowboy hat paired with a giant foam #1 finger is just low class.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.