Guess what? LSU is now a playoff caliber team (Bohls)

3,479 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Agsrback12
goodAg80
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
UT a year away; LSU already there
-Kirk Bohls

Quote:

Saturday ... confirmed notions that were subject to debate ...

[Now we know] Texas is a year away.

LSU is maybe four months away.
Of course LSU must be at the top. Saturday night confirmed that.

Don't get me wrong LSU looked strong, and they could possibly challenge for the SEC West winner. But the Horn narrative works so much better if everyone assumes LSU is at the top. We'll see how the season plays out; it is just humorous watching their logic at work. Even at that I am sure that some horns will take Bohls to task for being critical of the team.
KerrvilleAg
Sip tears and rationalizations are glorious
wbt5845
AG
LSU will probably lose to Radford next weekend.
aggiehawg
AG
Aranda, O and Brady really need to tweak the pace of the tempo a little better though, if they want their D to be able to hang in late in games. Slow down the pace on occasions to give the D a breather.
nu awlins ag
AG
This was tu's super bowl if you will. They put a lot into it and came out with a big L.
Your Friend
aggiehawg said:

Aranda, O and Brady really need to tweak the pace of the tempo a little better though, if they want their D to be able to hang in late in games. Slow down the pace on occasions to give the D a breather.

Or just go down with a cramp every 3rd snap
nu awlins ag
AG
So going into the locker room to get an IV is "faking"?
Potcake
AG
nu awlins ag said:

So going into the locker room to get an IV is "faking"?

That would be a bold strategy.
goodAg80
AG
This just goes to show how valuable Herman's pee strategy is.

GAC06
AG
Your Friend said:

aggiehawg said:

Did that video of the crying kid bring back bad memories?
Wabs
AG
Austin radio this morning was claiming LSU as the best team in the SEC and maybe even the country. I'm not ****ting you - that's what I heard on 104.9. They were also saying that the "real score" of A&M/Clemson was 24-3 because we scored a TD in garbage time. No mention of tu's score with 20 seconds left in their game.
ClassOf17
But you bet your ass they sucked last year when we beat them right?

Literally three games ago with almost an identical team.
Wabs
AG
ClassOf17 said:

But you bet your ass they sucked last year when we beat them right?

Literally three games ago with almost an identical team.
Yeah, but they didn't need 7 OTs. Looks like they'll need 2 games to beat them once.
DayAg!
S
So the problem is, the BDF has no one of the caliber of SEC West teams to see every week so naturally they would think that LSU is all world. When in reality it's just another day at the office for the SEC. But everyone tried to tell em.
"Poor soul, he was just too high strung. I'm afraid the strain was more than he could bear."
BQ_90
AG
Your Friend said:

aggiehawg said:

how did that matter when you coach went for it twice on 4th down and came up with nothing.

Also nice TO to end the half, then do nothing on offense so LSU can score right before half.

Just admit you're tee shirt team got out coached. Coach O took a steam filed jambalaya **** and made Herman eat it.

DBU, what a clown show.
HTownAg98
Your Friend said:

aggiehawg said:

Did they come right back into the game after sitting out a play? If so, you'd have a legitimate point. But we know that it's just an excuse for you.
Tom Hagen
AG
Wabs said:

Austin radio this morning was claiming LSU as the best team in the SEC and maybe even the country. I'm not ****ting you - that's what I heard on 104.9. They were also saying that the "real score" of A&M/Clemson was 24-3 because we scored a TD in garbage time. No mention of tu's score with 20 seconds left in their game.
I hope that they explained this to their bookie.
aggiehawg
AG
Your Friend said:

aggiehawg said:

But with no A/C in the Tigers' locker room, whose fault was that?
91AggieLawyer
AG
Quote:

LSU looked strong

With that defense? Allen HS could run up and down the field on them.
Tom Doniphon
Your Friend said:

aggiehawg said:

Good lord. Such a goober.
AnScAggie
AG
Wabs said:

You should have listened to ESPNU on Sirius/XM this morning, most were talking about how terrible the LSU defense is.
Stat Monitor Repairman
goodAg80 said:

LSU looked strong.
dey skrong den.
JunctionNephew
Way too much football left.

LSU still has to play Bama.

Should bookmark this should A&M beat LSU in Baton Rouge.

Gator Bait
Caesar4
AG
Reminds me of something I mentioned on some post about coaches polls. Coaches (and fans) like to pump up teams that they've played so that, regardless of any single game result, they can either say either:

• We beat a great team, or

• We lost, but it was to a great team.
TAZ99
AG
How much different is this LSU team from the one A&M beat at the end of last year? Other than not having all world LB Devin White and Greedy Williams.
Potcake
AG
Your Friend said:

aggiehawg said:

Looks like LSU is wearing burnt orange tonight.
2004FIGHTINTXAG
LSU will have a couple losses. Their defense is bad. 38 to Vandy?
Agsrback12
When's the last time Vandy scored that many points in SEC play?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.