Texas win total this year

30,440 Views | 178 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by goodAg80
Flexbone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

https://www.si.com/college-football/2019/07/23/win-totals-big-12-best-bets-texas-baylor?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&xid=socialflow_twitter_si&utm_campaign=sinow

It'll be interesting how this plays out. This highlights the truth about them last season. Anyone who watched them and knows a damn thing knows they weren't very good at anything. Yet somehow, they managed a decent win total.
Wildmen03
AG
I'll fully admit texas did better last year than I expected them to. But until I see something out of them that doesn't seem like a fluke, I'll put the line at 7.5 with an expectation for the under if they get a quality bowl opponent, and over if they get preferential bowl placement.
Tom Doniphon
7.5 sounds accurate... I think the B12 comes down to OU and Iowa State this year.
nortex97
AG
6. All the undrafted guys that left last year were starters for a reason.
levypantsEOY
They play in the BDF... The above predictions are laughable. Will gladly take any of yalls money who think they finish sub 8 wins...
David_Puddy
AG
You guys can make some money then, as their win total is currently set at 9.5 (that's just for the regular season).
ABATTBQ11
AG
David_Puddy said:

You guys can make some money then, as their win total is currently set at 9.5 (that's just for the regular season).

Out of curiosity, where could one place an online wager on such a win total?
David_Puddy
AG
One of the many offshore sports books out there or in Vegas
Token
AG
I'd say 9-3. Their schedule is so damn easy
Token
AG
Tom Doniphon said:

7.5 sounds accurate... I think the B12 comes down to OU and Iowa State this year.
wanna put $100 on that? Lmao you serious? Iowa state?
Tom Doniphon
Token said:

Tom Doniphon said:

wanna put $100 on that? Lmao you serious? Iowa state?

Dead serious about Iowa State... I think they're very well coached, returning a bunch of starters, and in a weak league... what bet are you wanting to make? That ISU doesn't finish in top 2 of B12? I can likely get decent odds on that from Vegas... what are you offering?
Canyon99
For ****s sale my son's freshman team could win 8 games with that schedule.
Hood
AG
Tom Doniphon said:

Would take the over here. Their schedule is an absolute cakewalk.

KU, Kansas St., Baylor, Iowa State, Texas Tech, La. Tech, Rice?! There's 7 likely wins.

TCU, Oklahoma State and West Virginia are very winnable games.

LSU and OU are the only big challenges.

If you flub that schedule then you genuinely are a **** team with a **** coach.
Old McDonald
texas drops at least 1 of lsu/ou and 1-2 they "should win," as is tradition
username checks out
DatTallArchitect
AG
Hood said:

Tom Doniphon said:

Would take the over here. Their schedule is an absolute cakewalk.

KU, Kansas St., Baylor, Iowa State West Virginia, Texas Tech, La. Tech, Rice?! There's 7 likely wins.

TCU, Oklahoma State and West Virginia Iowa State are very winnable games.

LSU and OU are the only big challenges.

If you flub that schedule then you genuinely are a **** team with a **** coach.

FIFY...

Although, LaTech probably shouldn't be in the likely wins group, and Kansas wasn't exactly a gimme before the Mad Hatter showed up. I'll be really curious to see how he does at Kansas.
jrdaustin
AG
My prediction - regardless of the tu win total - is that Ehlinger gets clocked multiple times and misses a number of games.

Then, tu faithful turn him into "the second McCoy", saying that if not for losing him, they would have won the MNC.
Matsui
AG
Your Friend
Ten
SquareOne07
AG
Your Friend said:

Ten

Pheg.
halfone85
Flexbone said:

Quote:

https://www.si.com/college-football/2019/07/23/win-totals-big-12-best-bets-texas-baylor?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&xid=socialflow_twitter_si&utm_campaign=sinow

It'll be interesting how this plays out. This highlights the truth about them last season. Anyone who watched them and knows a damn thing knows they weren't very good at anything. Yet somehow, they managed a decent win total.
Actually, we were pretty good in long, sustained drives; therefore, we were successful running the clock down. Also, take a look at our red zone scoring..
BoozingAg
Not in the top 50 total offense or defense. 7 one score wins, most of those against trash teams. I'd say it's nearly a miracle they went 10-4, except most of those wins are against trash teams.
halfone85
Yes, long drives that slow down the game. Not going to get great numbers, hence the 7 point margin you spoke of. Thats also why we werent in the top 50. Thanks for proving my point BoozingAg.
BoozingAg
Hey smart guy, all those yards you claim they were getting on these long drives count towards total offense
halfone85
Got good field position off turnovers and then run down the clock. Or if D forces a 3 and out and get gets field position.. Also, on the flip side, look at our offensive turnovers last year, smart guy.

I watched every UT game last year. Hate all you want, but you are speaking out of your ass.
halfone85
OP said we didn't do anything well at all. Stupid statement that deserves a response.
HTownAg98
I've said this every year for the couple of years: there's absolutely no good reason they shouldn't get to 10 wins with their ****show of a schedule. That said, Hermensa will still manage to lose "some," and end up with 9 wins this year.
halfone85
Yall played the same teams when yall were in this conference? When did yall win 10 games?

How should we automatically win 10 games just because yall left and changed your narrative?

Just dumb
Your Friend
halfone85 said:

Yall played the same teams when yall were in this conference? When did yall win 10 games?

How should we automatically win 10 games just because yall left and changed your narrative?

Just dumb

The Texas Aggies would've won the Big 12 every year since 2012 had they stayed.
Joe Exotic
AG
Your Friend said:

halfone85 said:

Just dumb

And still wouldn't have been worth it
Joe Exotic
AG
halfone85 said:

Just dumb

It's now one of the least talented conferences in the country. It wasn't when we were there. And how many times did ****ing Baylor win that pos conference from 1996 to 2011? How many times since?
halfone85
Thanks Friend, but I'll disagree. 2012 no doubt because of John Manziel. Other than that, no way!
halfone85
Because we dropped off with the end of Mack and hiring Charlie. Its not the same situation now.

How can you seriously say that it's ok that you fired a coach and hired a new one (all sunshine and glory); but when we did it before you, that our last 10 years has stick?

I'm not trying to get in a piss off.
Agvet12
AG
halfone85 said:

Because we dropped off with the end of Mack and hiring Charlie. Its not the same situation now.

How can you seriously say that it's ok that you fired a coach and hired a new one (all sunshine and glory); but when we did it before you, that our last 10 years has stick?

I'm not trying to get in a piss off.

No that's a fact jack .... BDF wouldn't even be a P5 conference if BlowU and sips weren't in it lol (might even be worse AAC lol). Hell half the teams y'all play are AAC caliber lol

You claim not to get into a piss off but you're posting history on this thread proves otherwise
Mikeyshooter
AG
halfone85 said:

Thanks Friend, but I'll disagree. 2012 no doubt because of John Manziel. Other than that, no way!

Or 2013 with... John Manziel?
ClassOf17
Your Friend said:

halfone85 said:

Just dumb

Would you rather be the CEO of a small company barely hanging on or a manager at a Fortune 500 company?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.