FW Star-Telegram plays BFF for 'jilted' Texas

22,222 Views | 155 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Ag In Ok
goodAg80
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Taken from Premium

Quote:

Fort Worth Star Telegram column

Quote:

Tommy Boy's wish to play Texas A&M exposes Aggies' childish behaviors
Link to column

Last part of the column
Quote:

What was once a reasonable childish response by the Aggies to Texas about this now simply reeks of immature, selfish cowardice.

A&M's silent insistence on this issue is that the SEC West is tough enough, and there is no need to schedule a nonconference opponent like Texas. The SEC West is indeed a monster, and the rest is a laughable lie.

Need you be reminded that the Aggies will play Clemson this year in a nonconference game. Clemson as in National Champions Clemson.

Future Aggies nonconference opponents also include Colorado, Notre Dame, Miami and Arizona State.
The Aggies are perfectly, and commendably, comfortable playing a decent nonconference game, provided that opponent is just not named Texas.

Ironically, the Aggies daily celebrate their inclusion into the SEC, but fail to acknowledge the invite would never have been extended without UT's previous power plays led by ESPN and former athletic director DeLoss Dodds.

TAMU's initial reaction to Dodds' and his UT-first intentions were reasonable, even if they were mostly emotional. It's been years since this all happened, and, per A&M, the school and every Aggie are in a better place as a member of the SEC.

We are routinely sold this which, good for them.

Tom Herman does not have enough clout and power yet to force Del Conte into this game, but the more people like him who lobby for it only helps.

Ultimately, as stated before, economics will drive the Aggies into playing the Horns again. The game is a guaranteed sellout, and eventually all of the administrators on both sides will see the green more than they will burnt orange, or maroon and white.

They should just schedule it now, for when these two play all of college football, and every Texan, wins.

Currently, the Aggies don't care about that.

I have heard teen-aged school girls come up with better logic for how "he" mistreated their best friend.

"What was once a reasonable childish response by the Aggies to Texas about this now simply reeks of immature, selfish cowardice." Please refer to Longhorn Nation and Deloss Dodd's for a primer on childish behavior when A&M announced we were leaving. Then get back to us. In the mean time we will marvel at how much more mature everyone in Mean Girls are than you.

If you really want the game back, you will have to convince A&M you are not the hysterical controlling *****es that you currently are.

But your pitiful overtures are hysterical. Ha ha ha ha ha.

Our-turn-to-rule
AG
Fake news is prevalent in sports and politics.

Dude must have dementia. Total loss of memory concerning the issues and behavior that DROVE A&M to leave for the SEC.....and a total distortion of tu's status, draw and why they are BEGGING A&M to play.

There is nothing worse than a spiteful ex wife trying to boss around what she no longer has any influence over. STFU and build something on your own.
Post removed:
by user
nortex97
AG
Why should they worry about our sliver of East Texas?

I don't get it.

I also don't understand why we'd play them, and their referees ever again. It was only 14 months ago that they were melting down over their performance against Tulsa. Get your crap together, sips.
La Vernia_Ag06
AG
That's a bunch of hot garbage.
/dumpster fire gif
RGLAG85
AG
So I'm trying to wrap my mind around the economic advantage to play this game? A sellout every other year, fantastic! That's 105,000 every two years. We don't get the benefit when it's played in Austin. Or, take a lesser opponent every year and maybe only draw 85,000 but that's 170,000 every two years. Isn't 170k>105k?

And his lack of branding awareness by playing Clemson, Notre Dames, UCLA, Miami etc.... vs tu every year. The nation cares about the other games but never gave a crap about us playing tu.
BoozingAg
It's Mac Engel all he does is troll Aggies because he has no real writing talent
technoviking
AG
Lots of butthurt in that article, as is to be expected.

Engel is one of those weird purple baylor grads that is exalted by their tu masters and does their A&M-hating bidding every chance they get.
45-70Ag
AG
That article is the reason why Aggies should say never again.

Eff yourself and eff your school.
Schrute Farms
The funny part is that you never see writers talking about why tu is better off without the Ags. That's awfully odd with all these beat writers.
PCC_80
AG
RGLAG85 said:

So I'm trying to wrap my mind around the economic advantage to play this game? A sellout every other year, fantastic! That's 105,000 every two years. We don't get the benefit when it's played in Austin. Or, take a lesser opponent every year and maybe only draw 85,000 but that's 170,000 every two years. Isn't 170k>105k?

And his lack of branding awareness by playing Clemson, Notre Dames, UCLA, Miami etc.... vs tu every year. The nation cares about the other games but never gave a crap about us playing tu.
Overall I tend to agree, but often tickets to games with lessor opponents are generally less expensive.

But, as long as we can sell 170K tickets for two games with lessor opponents for as much or more than 105K tickets for one game vs tu your math holds up.

One of the problems tu has is filling their stadium for a whole procession of lessor opponents that are all members of the BDF. The only meaningful game in the BDF is OU v tu and that is played in Dallas.
LEJ
I'd rather eat my own vomit than read all of that.
Your Friend
Great read, thx
45-70Ag
AG
Your Friend said:

Great read, thx

You're the ****ing idiot that article is targeting
dixichkn
AG
Quote:

economics will drive the Aggies into playing the Horns again.
This part literally almost made me spit my drink out. Does this dipsh** not realize who the most profitable team in the country is?

RGLAG85
AG
PaulC_80 said:

RGLAG85 said:

Overall I tend to agree, but often tickets to games with lessor opponents are generally less expensive.

But, as long as we can sell 170K tickets for two games with lessor opponents for as much or more than 105K tickets for one game vs tu your math holds up.

One of the problems tu has is filling their stadium for a whole procession of lessor opponents that are all members of the BDF. The only meaningful game in the BDF is OU v tu and that is played in Dallas.
Yeah but 105 at full would have to be significantly more than 170 at discounted to offset the addition of concessions, patronage to local restaurants, merchants and hotels...etc. And it wouldn't be with season ticket sells being a set price and at an all time high demand. The economic angle is simply a strawman. I do think it would benefit tu with their crappy schedule but I believe it would actually hurt our overall bottom line.
dixichkn
AG
If you want an even funnier read from one of the sips' lobotomized little puppets, check this one out

https://www.heartlandcollegesports.com/2019/07/17/texas-am-shouldnt-kid-itself-it-need-texas-far-more-than-texas-needs-it/

Have a medic on standby as you will almost pass out from laughter
GrapevineAg
AG
If A&M has more to gain, then why is t.u. begging for the game to return? Out of pure benevolence!? Gimme a break.
Jack Cheese
AG
The state of journalism is just pathetic.

1 - Longhorn home schedule is abysmal. This is the ONLY reason they have changed their tune.

2 - Aggie schedule is in great shape - we don't need another draw.

3 - therefore tu has much more to gain from this series. That being the case they need to give up some of the revenue to make the deal worthwhile to Aggies.

Any story that doesn't deal with those facts is straight garbage.
ChemEAg08
AG
Mind cliff notes for those not wanting to give it a click?
SafetySam79
AG
goodAg80 said:

Taken from Premium

Quote:

Fort Worth Star Telegram column

Quote:

Tommy Boy's wish to play Texas A&M exposes Aggies' childish behaviors
Link to column

Last part of the column
Quote:

What was once a reasonable childish response by the Aggies to Texas about this now simply reeks of immature, selfish cowardice.

A&M's silent insistence on this issue is that the SEC West is tough enough, and there is no need to schedule a nonconference opponent like Texas. The SEC West is indeed a monster, and the rest is a laughable lie.

Need you be reminded that the Aggies will play Clemson this year in a nonconference game. Clemson as in National Champions Clemson.

Future Aggies nonconference opponents also include Colorado, Notre Dame, Miami and Arizona State.
The Aggies are perfectly, and commendably, comfortable playing a decent nonconference game, provided that opponent is just not named Texas.

Ironically, the Aggies daily celebrate their inclusion into the SEC, but fail to acknowledge the invite would never have been extended without UT's previous power plays led by ESPN and former athletic director DeLoss Dodds.

TAMU's initial reaction to Dodds' and his UT-first intentions were reasonable, even if they were mostly emotional. It's been years since this all happened, and, per A&M, the school and every Aggie are in a better place as a member of the SEC.

We are routinely sold this which, good for them.

Tom Herman does not have enough clout and power yet to force Del Conte into this game, but the more people like him who lobby for it only helps.

Ultimately, as stated before, economics will drive the Aggies into playing the Horns again. The game is a guaranteed sellout, and eventually all of the administrators on both sides will see the green more than they will burnt orange, or maroon and white.

They should just schedule it now, for when these two play all of college football, and every Texan, wins.

Currently, the Aggies don't care about that.

I have heard teen-aged school girls come up with better logic for how "he" mistreated their best friend.

"What was once a reasonable childish response by the Aggies to Texas about this now simply reeks of immature, selfish cowardice." Please refer to Longhorn Nation and Deloss Dodd's for a primer on childish behavior when A&M announced we were leaving. Then get back to us. In the mean time we will marvel at how much more mature everyone in Mean Girls are than you.

If you really want the game back, you will have to convince A&M you are not the hysterical controlling *****es that you currently are.

But your pitiful overtures are hysterical. Ha ha ha ha ha.

Good lord.

[the column, not your commentary.]
Bottlehead90
AG
Mac Engel is a no talent troll. It's embarrassing what some people will do to pay the bills

And he is probably reading these comments
tamc91
AG
It won't be long until the sips keep working their way down that list. Their season ticket holders are fair weather fans. They won't keep buying if the home schedule doesn't improve.

This is one of those times that you just hold your position and watch Bowtie's strategy play itself out. We've made mostky good moves over that past 7 years. They've made mostly miscalculations over the past 8. Patience. ...
Our-turn-to-rule
AG
Yeah, might be our "friend"
Flexbone
Your Friend said:

Great read, thx

You are such a ****ing dip*****
Our-turn-to-rule
AG
Absolutely.. keep our powder dry and keep the schedule as is....with the pigs moving to home& home in a few years
nortex97
AG
I would be willing to compromise. If they give up half of their sipTV revenues for the year, and also play at Kyle each year, and with SEC officials/replay officials, and agree to a non brunch kickoff time, and agree to apologize for throwing a hissy fit about our move to the SEC, I'd be ok with a two year deal.
Jack Cheese
AG
nortex97 said:

I would be willing to compromise. If they give up half of their sipTV revenues for the year, and also play at Kyle each year, and with SEC officials/replay officials, and agree to a non brunch kickoff time, and agree to apologize for throwing a hissy fit about our move to the SEC, I'd be ok with a two year deal.

It's a start.
Dallasag02
AG
nortex97 said:

Dont forget split the PUF 50/50. That should be our first condition.
W
AG
rinse and repeat.

every newspaper and columnist does their column on this subject every offseason
DayAg!
S
MyComputerCareer
Bottlehead90 said:

Mac Engel is a no talent troll. It's embarrassing what some people will do to pay the bills

And he is probably reading these comments

triggered Mac trolls every fan base for a living. Poor guy needs the clicks. It's a wretched existence; he's fighting for relevance in an obsolete profession. He needs your pity and mercy.
APHIS AG
If t.u. does not need A&M, as the article stated, then why are they so desperate to restart the series.
DANG
AG
Let's offer them a 2 for 1 and see if they bite.
billtheag89
AG
DANG said:

Let's offer them a 2 for 1 and see if they bite.

Maybe after we host a sufficient number of games until we equalize the number of games played in Kyle and tu. With non-sip refs.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.