After 15 year fight, ex-coach Jackie Sherrill finally settles case against NCAA

9,473 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by wbt5845
bryanhome
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I don't remember playing Ernie Banks and the Chicago Cubs in the Cotton Bowl.
1976Ag
AG
Good catch bryanhome. I meant Ernie Davis.
Your Friend
https://247sports.com/college/mississippi-state/Article/Mississippi-State-football-and-mens-basketball-will-serve-NCAA-penalties-for-academic-misconduct-134700738/Amp/?__twitter_impression=true
Ragoo
AG
Jackie's fault?
Muy
AG
Texan1976 said:

Settled with mutual confidentiality agreements. Jackie was persecuted. Just a major coincidence that he left teams on probation.

Yeah, sips were clean as a whistle.
vin1041
AG
Where is Charles Allen Wright when you need him?
huisachel
Here is hoping he gets his settlement millions in a Fed Ex package. So fitting
ApachePilot
AG
dermdoc said:

I have known Jackie for quite a while and love the guy. It was so much fun watching him kick the sips ass and them inventing stuff to try to get him. And the only reason he left A&M was because Mobley and the BOR threw him under the bus due to incredibly high sip pressure.
The sips going after Jackie reminds me of how the media goes after Trump.

And for all those who want to play these guys again, remember history. They will not allow us to play them on a level playing field and if we started beating them regularly, they would go after our coaches, players, and school like a bunch of hungry dogs at a meat market.

I have been associated with upper level sips for about 40 years. They will not let us consistently beat them and will use any tactic to pull that off. And remember they still mostly have the media in their hip pocket. If you know any well connected sips, you already know what they think of Herman personally behind closed doors. But they will do anything to win.

This!
ApachePilot
AG
I really enjoyed my opportunities to talk with Jackie. He's a stand up guy and loves the Ags! I'm very happy for him. I hated seeing him leave Aggieland.
wbt5845
AG
Texan1976 said:

Why did Jackie Sherrill leave A&M?

He beat texas too much, so he had to be "liquidated".
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.