"Basically a network"

4 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by ABATTBQ11
BohunkAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I basically drive a Lamborghini

TexAg1987
"Basically a conference"
dixichkn
AG
So basically still a dumpster fire
AgOutsideAustin
AG
So whorn is on Deloss tv, blowu on fox SW, and the scraps are on this + channel but it's really a network ? These dip****s can't get one thing right. Pathetic but funny.
ccatag
AG
Will those 8 teams basically get paid any cash? What is their worth? Or is ESPN+ getting their content for free? Inquiring minds want to know.
TexAg1987
basically.
whoop91
AG
It's not going to happen but I would love it if this "Network" was able to pay out more to the 8 members than t.u. gets from the LHN. That would such sweet poetic justice.
West Point Aggie
AG
So "basically" tea sip and land thieves games won't be shown, however how much do you want to bet that during dead time, the volume of tu/ou replays will vastly eclipse that of any of the 8 indentured servants?
AgDotCom
ccatag said:

Will those 8 teams basically get paid any cash?
Well, if you want to call a gigantic $1 million per school "cash", then yes.

And they still wonder why we and 3 others hauled ass when we could.

Quote:

Bowlsby was eager Monday to highlight the league's new TV partnership at Big 12 media days. "Big 12 Now" will debut this fall on ESPN+, an online streaming service that costs $4.99 per month or $49.99 annually.

It's essentially a work-around for the league that's long wanted its own television network. But the conference previously granted its third-tier TV rights to the schools. Thus, Texas created Longhorn Network, and Oklahoma partnered with Fox Sports. The remaining eight schools were left on their own.

How lucrative are third-tier TV rights? Bowlsby said Monday the financial considerations range from "about a million dollars a school to something between $15-20 million dollars at the University of Texas."
LINK
A_Gang_Ag_06
AG
TexAg1987 said:

"Basically a conference"
EOT
dcowboy808
AG
More like "Big 12 Noon" amirite?
TXAG 05
AG
West Point Aggie said:

So "basically" tea sip and land thieves games won't be shown, however how much do you want to bet that during dead time, the volume of tu/ou replays will vastly eclipse that of any of the 8 indentured servants?

I'm betting it will be on demand when there is a game, not a regular tv channel
Jock 07
AG
Wait isn't plus their pay service, i.e. not included in any tv subscription? So bdf fans have to pay extra to watch their teams? I really hope a sip/methtard @ isu/ku game winds up on the plus
APHIS AG
No matter how it is played, it is still the t.u. and OU and the eight dwarves.
HTownAg98
Jock 07 said:

Wait isn't plus their pay service, i.e. not included in any tv subscription? So bdf fans have to pay extra to watch their teams? I really hope a sip/methtard @ isu/ku game winds up on the plus

Correct. It is $4.99/month. But if the tceh delivery drivers just deliver two extra pizzas, it will be fine.

I'm going to sign up for a little while, but it damn sure won't be to watch the bdf. Peyton Manning is doing a 30 episode series called "Peyton's Places" that looks pretty interesting.
Madman
AG
"So Basically" is the new name for the old Big 12.

Let it be so.
BoomGoesThe
I have espn+ for the boxing. I'm disappointed that my screen will soon be cluttered with Kansas vs West Virginia options.
Callate Donnie
Big 12 Now Motto:

Cynical_Texan
AG
Madman said:

"So Basically" is the new name for the old Big 12.

Let it be so.
Basic Dumpster Fire
Madman
AG
The Basic ***** of Conferences.
Biz Ag
AG
BDF+ network needs to incorporate this into their logo

Muy
AG
Basically the SEC Network can use the revenues from the new Big8 network to wipe it's ass with.
HTownAg98
All this does is put the games that no one wants to watch on a platform so they can free up space for games people really want to see.
goodAg80
AG
Biz Ag said:

BDF+ network needs to incorporate this into their logo

A subscription comes with one of these.
ABATTBQ11
AG
ccatag said:

Will those 8 teams basically get paid any cash? What is their worth? Or is ESPN+ getting their content for free? Inquiring minds want to know.

They're probably paying ESPN just to get their **** hosted and available.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.