Bob Bowlsby press conference

13,183 Views | 99 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by HeyMoe
SchizoAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
musicman55 said:

What is ESPN+ ? Is it on the real-live TV, or is it one of those streaming-only things?

Without the sips and blowu, I can't believe they'd be able to sell any sort of quality advertising for a Have-Nots Network.
It's an online-only subscription service that aggregates together all of the sports content that no one wants to pay for. By sheer quantity, the value adds up to something they can charge $5 a month for.
goodAg80
AG
Muy
AG
Is this a bigger deal than playing on Facebook Live?
GrapevineAg
AG
Sorry, every time I see their logo, all I can think of is lucha libre...

W
AG
Bowlsby could be the BDF commissioner for the next 50 years...

and he will never live down the Baylor-TCU title screw-up from 2014
YouBet
AG
GrapevineAg said:

Sorry, every time I see their logo, all I can think of is lucha libre...

Now that is awesome!
APHIS AG
In a way, I feel sorry for Bowlsby because he inherited one hell of a mess from Beebe, which allowed t.u. to run roughshod over the Big XII, a conference that once rivaled the SEC, causing its disintegration.

Now the BDF is just a laughing stock.
Señor Chang
AG
wbt5845
AG
Keep in mind there are Aggies who wish we were still part of this **** show just so they could selfishly talk **** to their BiL at Thanksgiving dinner every year or two.

F those people.
SlackerAg
AG
Bob Bowlsby's contract ends exactly when the Big 12 GOR expires (June 30, 2025). The SEC CBS new TV deal is expected to be done sooner. The tears will be epic when A&M is making $60MM/yr while the BDF is on the brink of collapse.
ABATTBQ11
AG
McInnis80 said:

WOW. The SEC is no longer renting that space in Bowlsby's head, they own it now. Curious if there is a list of media members there.

Here it is:

ABATTBQ11
AG
TexAg1987 said:

goodAg80 said:

BQ_90 said:

BohunkAg said:

HackerAg said:

There needs to be a BDF recycled slogan thread...

2018 & earlier:
"One true champion"

"Every game matters"

2019:
"Everyone plays everyone"

"Our champion is determined by who we play, not by who we don't"

The Big 12 has always been the worst at PR.....this is such terrible optics.....Why don't they have their media days at a place where it looks like the room is overfilling with people instead of a giant cavernous stadium where it looks like there are about 10 people there. SMFH......awful.

They've been run outta every La Quinta in north Texas
They should have booked an Appleby's.

Or borrowed Baylor's tarp

I believe it's in use at the moment. And every moment.
dreyOO
HackerAg said:

There needs to be a BDF recycled slogan thread...

2018 & earlier:
"One true champion"

"Every game matters"

2019:
"Everyone plays everyone"

"Our champion is determined by who we play, not by who we don't"

I would respectfully submit: "All for one two, and none for all!"
GrapevineAg
AG
goodAg80 said:

goodAg80
AG
GrapevineAg said:

goodAg80 said:

That's great!!!
LonghornDub
33 said:

HTownAg98 said:

Ask your cable provider about Big 12 Now.
It's really not necessary. We have minute by minute coverage right here.
Or second by second, but then they're really not interested in UT or the BDF.
God made the country, and man made the town. William Cowper

LonghornDub
wbt5845 said:

Keep in mind there are Aggies who wish we were still part of this **** show just so they could selfishly talk **** to their BiL at Thanksgiving dinner every year or two.

F those people.
There are lots of Aggies who wish that, including lots who liked having realistic hopes of winning their conference each year.

BoozingAg
LonghornDub said:

wbt5845 said:

F those people.
There are lots of Aggies who wish that, including lots who liked having realistic hopes of winning their conference each year.

Doesn't tu have all of 2 conference titles in the last 23 years and 0 in the last 9? Maybe they should go to CUSA by your logic.

There isn't anything outside of nostalgia you can point to that suggests our move to the SEC wasn't a good one
LonghornDub
BoozingAg said:

LonghornDub said:

wbt5845 said:

F those people.

Doesn't tu have all of 2 conference titles in the last 23 years and 0 in the last 9? Maybe they should go to CUSA by your logic.

There isn't anything outside of nostalgia you can point to that suggests our move to the SEC wasn't a good one
I thought y'all made the right move when you went to the SEC, said so on here, and still think so. However, I think it would be good for both schools to resume the Thanksgiving game. It never should have been discontinued.

TexAg1987
Make up your mind.

Should we play a tougher OOC schedule or should we schedule Texas?
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
LonghornDub said:

BoozingAg said:

LonghornDub said:

wbt5845 said:

F those people.

I thought y'all made the right move when you went to the SEC, said so on here, and still think so. However, I think it would be good for both schools to resume the Thanksgiving game. It never should have been discontinued.
Thank your ass hole AD for this.
BQ_90
AG
LonghornDub said:

33 said:

HTownAg98 said:

Ask your cable provider about Big 12 Now.
It's really not necessary. We have minute by minute coverage right here.
Or second by second, but then they're really not interested in UT or the BDF.
Ironic for a POS Baylor grad who is a tee shirt sip who post non stop on Aggie message board
PCC_80
AG
Ferg said:

I was listening to the Horn in Austin today, and they said that the Big 12 moved Media Days from the Cowboys Practice facility to Jerry World because they were concerned that the SEC would hold media days there. And they thought it was a good decision.
It wasn't.
Artimus Gordon
So they were worried that the SEC was going to step in and take over the state of Texas with the SEC media days?

Maybe they should just move over and relocate their media days to Oklahoma City so the optics won't be so bad.
Artimus Gordon
Sorry dub I don't ever see us playing the Longhorns on thanksgiving ever again. We have a conference game with LSU on Saturday of thanksgiving weekend that is far more interesting and important of a game than a game with the horns. Plus it is much better of a road trip for that weekend. N O on Friday and B R for the game on Saturday. Austin can't compare.

That ship has sailed for good!
45-70Ag
AG
PaulC_80 said:

Ferg said:

I was listening to the Horn in Austin today, and they said that the Big 12 moved Media Days from the Cowboys Practice facility to Jerry World because they were concerned that the SEC would hold media days there. And they thought it was a good decision.
It wasn't.

The SEC has a ton of options for media days.

Orlando, Destin, Nashville, New Orleans Dallas, Hoover, Atlanta and for off the wall places.....Savannah, Ga and Charleston, SC.

The bdf has Dallas, Kansas City and everything else is just awful.

If i was Bowlsby I'd go to the hills of West Virginia, not like you'd have any fewer people attend.
YouBet
AG
PaulC_80 said:

Ferg said:

It wasn't.
[/Ron Howard]
West Point Aggie
AG
LonghornDub said:

Not matter how many times you say this to yourself does it make it any truer. I could not care less what is good for the ahole steers, but it is absolutely NOT good for A&M (nor necessary) to have this game return. Deal with it!
45-70Ag
AG
I like how the sips the game is good for both.
Only one school needs that game and it's because their schedule is garbage.
screw-tu
Seor Chang said:

A picture is truly worth a thousand words
HeyMoe
AG
"Big 12 Now What?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.