Solution to homelessness in Austin

7,686 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by LonghornDub
LonghornDub
How long do you want to ignore this user?
In response to an article about the problems the homeless are currently causing in Austin turning downtown into a San Francisco-like open sewer, a poster on another site suggested renting a ****load of busses, giving them each $100, and sending them to College Station. In the interest of domestic tranquility, I suggested Norman, Oklahoma instead. Besides, it's a win-win as it would raise the IQ level and average moral standards of both states.
God made the country, and man made the town. William Cowper

Madman
AG
Round up the mayor and city council and send them out of state and Im in.
Bottlehead90
AG
If OP would quit posting here it would raise the collective IQ of texags
jja79
AG
Leave them where they are. They blend in with the population. On game day give 30,000 of them a ticket and a coupon for a hot dog and drink. Helps them and makes the stadium look less embarrassing.

Since you found another site please go back there.
ABATTBQ11
AG
If you want to move to CS that bad, I'm sure someone could give you a ride.
Spore Ag
CS police, yea right.
coolerguy12
AG
This is a really bad thread from a normally not terrible poster. Not remotely funny or informative at all.
91_Aggie
AG
coolerguy12 said:

This is a really bad thread from a normally not terrible poster. Not remotely funny or informative at all.
Are you sure you are thinking of longhorn Dub?
He's always terrible
West Point Aggie
AG
Austin, as a whole, should not whine about homeless problems...considering said problems are essentially self inflicted.
TPS_Report
AG
Ummm... how 'bout no.

The Austin City Council has chosen to incentivize homelessness, why should another city have to eat Austin's sheetburger?
goodAg80
AG
Dub, aren't you homeless?
LonghornDub
goodAg80 said:

Not quite. I may not have a lot of money left, but Mrs. Dub got the house she wanted.

dixichkn
AG
Austin has been a "San Francisco-like open sewer" for 20 years or more now. It's something they've apparently worked very hard toward. Mission accomplished. You've kept it weird.
BronkNagurski
LonghornDub said:

In response to an article about the problems the homeless are currently causing in Austin turning downtown into a San Francisco-like open sewer, a poster on another site suggested renting a ****load of busses, giving them each $100, and sending them to College Station. In the interest of domestic tranquility, I suggested Norman, Oklahoma instead. Besides, it's a win-win as it would raise the IQ level and average moral standards of both states.
Don't forget adding branches to the gene pool.
BronkNagurski
Given the Austin tradition of caressing the thighs of the homeless ****** statue, I don't think there is much political will to change. Tessus wants the city to remain a sanctuary for such colorful characters.
Jock 07
AG
Wait they actually made a statue of that weird freak? What's next a statue of buscemi and his cats?
mike073
AG
bu does not know there is an Oklahoma, Texas right down the road from where he lives. Confusion reigns in old folks.
Gig 'em Aggies!

WC94
AG
Quote:

a poster on another site suggested renting a ****load of busses, giving them each $100, and sending them to College Station.

That's exactly how they got here. If you go for brunch downtown, it feels like an episode of The Walking Dead.
yell_on_6th st
AG
LonghornDub said:

goodAg80 said:

Not quite. I may not have a lot of money left, but Mrs. Dub got the house she wanted.

Word is lots of homeless guys gave her something she wanted.
West Point Aggie
AG
BronkNagurski said:

Given the Austin tradition of caressing the thighs of the homeless ****** statue, I don't think there is much political will to change. Tessus wants the city to remain a sanctuary for such colorful characters.

Non local here so WTF is the story behind that creepy statue!?
BronkNagurski
West Point Aggie said:

BronkNagurski said:

Non local here so WTF is the story begin that creepy statue!?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leslie_Cochran
Schrute Farms
TLDR: Leslie was a homeless guy who rode his bicycle in a thong. The weird part of Austin made him into the patron saint of Austin weirdness. After death, he was elevated to the status of Austin hero/legend.
West Point Aggie
AG
Since moving back (other than the airport) I've managed to avoid Austin...love that 130 pretty much bypasses the place
BQ78
AG

Ran for mayor once, got 13% of the vote. Still would have been a better mayor than Adler is.
West Point Aggie
AG
13% of the vote...wow...
e=mc2
AG
I think I'll go to Austin this evening and donate a massive turd to the streets. Austin - it's one big toilet!
LonghornDub
I liked the bumper sticker I saw that said, "Keep Georgetown Normal".

West Point Aggie
AG
LonghornDub said:

I liked the bumper sticker I saw that said, "Keep Georgetown Normal".

College station had that on a tee shirt years ago...
Kill Switch
I would like to start cleansing Texas of liberal garbage that has infected Austin, Dallas, San Antonio, and Houston. Send them all back to California. The homeless will leave when the laws no longer protect them. I have nothing against being homeless, but the underlying cause is the problem, that is drug abuse.
BronkNagurski
e=mc2 said:

I think I'll go to Austin this evening and donate a massive turd to the streets. Austin - it's one big toilet!
Great idea. Give it a little San Fran vibe.
MooreTrucker
AG
I'm in Austin right now for a conference. What a sh**hole it's become. Can't walk from the hotel to the conference center, or really anywhere, without being accosted by a homeless guy wanting money. And after dark, definitely not a safe feeling.
screw-tu
BronkNagurski said:

To think that people actually glorify this kind of s**t is unreal. It's a pity we can't relocate the whole ****ing lot of them to San Francisco
BronkNagurski
screw-tu said:

BronkNagurski said:

To think that people actually glorify this kind of s**t is unreal. It's a pity we can't relocate the whole ****ing lot of them to San Francisco
What will be next, bronzing a Texas-size homeless poop at 6th and Congress?
Artimus Gordon
So if austin is in the process of transitioning itself into the port-a-potty of the state, then I say, stand aside and let them attain their lofty goals. It's good to have all this idiocy confined to one locale!
Science Denier
AG
Lol. Made a statue of Leslie. I did not know that.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.