BDF - Only One Champion

11,241 Views | 99 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Muy
Muy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Please correct me on this, but after 2005 - in the 3 major men's sports - does the BDF only have ONE national champion, that being Kansas in basketball in 2008?

Football - Zero
Baseball - Zero
Basketball - 1

Glad we ran away from all that competition.
goodAg80
AG
Wait a minute Muy. Tech won 2nd place in basketball and went to CWS.
Muy
AG
Handful of Almost Champions
coolerguy12
AG
There are only 5* major conferences to begin with. You would think at some point they would accidentally win one.

*5 counts the BDF which is being generous.

I'm curious how many mid majors have won more than one in that time span.
Your Friend
Cmon big 12! We need to start to winning some 'ships!!!
Pickle Rick
AG
Villanova's conference has one natty.
AgCat93
AG
goodAg80 said:

Close only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades, and love.
Hoosegow
I consider track a major sport. The BDF has had four since 2005.

We just happened to own 3 of them.
Class of '94
Cynical_Texan
AG
Hoosegow said:

Track Smack!
Charlie 31
AG
Muy said:

Please correct me on this, but after 2005 - in the 3 major men's sports - does the BDF only have ONE national champion, that being Kansas in basketball in 2008?

Football - Zero
Baseball - Zero
Basketball - 1

turboboost
AG
Your Friend said:

Cmon big 12! We need to start to winning some 'ships!!!
When does the GOR expire again? You have until then.
West Point Aggie
AG
At some point schools in that conference have to realize that it is OU, and others...of course the sips think they are the standard...it was a bad idea from day one to kluge together pieces of the SWC and B8...it should have never happened...I mean baylor made the cut...an aD that should be at the level of a Wichita state...
ABATTBQ87
AG
West Point Aggie said:

At some point schools in that conference have to realize that it is OU, and others...of course the sips think they are the standard...it was a bad idea from day one to kluge together pieces of the SWC and B8...it should have never happened...I mean baylor made the cut...an aD that should be at the level of a Wichita state...
BDF Football Champions

1) OU = 12
2) tu = 3
3) bu = 2*
4) TCU = 1* (co champion with Baylor)
TX_Aggie37
AG
This would be a better thread if A&M had won a natty in one of the 3 major sports recently.
Goose
AG
Aggieatbama said:

Villanova's conference has one natty.

Dos campeonatos
AggieBand2004
AG
TX_Aggie37 said:

This would be a better thread if A&M had won a natty in one of the 3 major sports recently.

You seem lost
AggieBand2004
AG
AgCat93 said:

goodAg80 said:

Close only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades, and love.

And nuclear warfare
TX_Aggie37
AG
AggieBand2004 said:

TX_Aggie37 said:

You seem lost
How? Everybody knows the SEC is superior. And everybody knows it was a great move for A&M to go to the SEC. But it would mean a lot more in my opinion if we were competing for championships in the SEC instead of just being here... and I believe we will be in the next few years for the record. It would just be easier to talk **** on the Big 12 if we had won a title ourselves during the referenced time period is all I was saying. Otherwise, it could be argued that A&M as a program is no better than any Big 12 program if we are just talkin championships.

I'm just not satisfied with pounding my chest and chanting SEC. Sue me.
AggieBand2004
AG
Then go elsewhere. We're rightfully happy to be in the toughest conference around, but most of the SEC vs Big12 jokes around here are directly due to the birth of Big12 conference pride... right after we left.

To stick it to the mean ol' Aggies, they suddenly started caring about esch other's successes, and it's hilarious to see.
DatTallArchitect
AG
Hoosegow said:

We've won 5 men's and 4 women's since 2009
TX_Aggie37
AG
AggieBand2004 said:

Then go elsewhere. We're rightfully happy to be in the toughest conference around, but most of the SEC vs Big12 jokes around here are directly due to the birth of Big12 conference pride... right after we left.

To stick it to the mean ol' Aggies, they suddenly started caring about esch other's successes, and it's hilarious to see.
Can't argue with you there. It is laughable the arguments you see from those folks and of course there is a significant difference among in talent across the board, especially in baseball and football. And don't get me wrong, I am thrilled to be in the SEC. Just excited and hopeful that the Jimbo era leads us to trophies and hope to turn the corner in baseball. There's nothing wrong about what I said - it would be better if we win championships.
ccatag
AG
bdf conference is a power bottom conference. Members take pride battling the lowest common denominator (week in and week out) In hopes of eeking out supremacy of the power bottom.
Texan1976
Muy said:

Football - Zero
Baseball - Zero
Basketball - 1

Let's get a list of Aggie titles since then in those sports since 2005. Or in the last 80 years. You guys must be killing it.
Joe Exotic
AG
You're comparing an entire conference to one school? No wonder you found yourself at Sam Houston.
Orange Creek
The SEC was desperate for cannon fodder so they took Mizzou and you. Sad atm whole identity is a conference. That is very Baylor.
ABATTBQ87
AG
Orange Creek said:

The SEC was desperate for cannon fodder so they took Mizzou and you. Sad atm whole identity is a conference. That is very Baylor.
TCU and Iowa State schedule tu for homecoming games.
Cynical_Texan
AG
Orange Creek said:

More tears please my cup is empty. mmmm
Agvet12
AG
Orange Creek said:

Cute I love when new socks appear

You can run back to your masters and hand OU the trophy again next year, you were Texas
Joe Exotic
AG
Orange Creek said:

Isn't Baylor the team that's won your conference twice since we left while you managed to rack up 3 losing seasons? That Baylor?
Texan1976
Orange Creek said:

A&M is the guy who keeps getting invited back to the poker game and thinks it's because the other players like him.
Joe Exotic
AG
As opposed to trying to stack the deck only to run everyone with money away.
Texan1976
Bo Darville said:

As opposed to trying to stack the deck only to run everyone with money away.

You guys will have to win something in football one of these days. When do you think that will happen?
Joe Exotic
AG
What do you consider "something"? It used to be top 5 finishes but then you moved the goal post on that one.
Texan1976
Bo Darville said:

What do you consider "something"? It used to be top 5 finishes but then you moved the goal post on that one.

How about a trophy you can add to the "Hall of Champions"?
Joe Exotic
AG
We got one for the bowl win last year. Now move the goal post again.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.