The Big 12 [ET] Conference is Official

3,549 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Hoosegow
BESCo91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

FOX announces that its best college football game will air at noon every week.

Per reporter Andrew Marchand, FOX is going to put its game of the week in that time slot every week for the 2019 season, no matter what.

"Fox will have its best game of the day will be at noon every Saturday." - @AndrewMarchand, FOX, May 13, 2019

FOX is a heavy player in the Big Ten and Big 12 worlds, so this is bad news for Ohio State, Michigan, Oklahoma and Texas fans who enjoy later games.
Wabs
AG
Quote:

"Fox will have its best game of the day will be at noon every Saturday."
goodAg80
AG
HTownAg98
Doesn't ABC get first pick anyways for their Saturday night game of the week?
Mikeyshooter
AG
HTownAg98 said:

Doesn't ABC get first pick anyways for their Saturday night game of the week?
I think it depends on the week. Some weeks ABC will have first pick, some weeks Fox will have first pick.
DifferenceMaker Ag
Nothing better than seeing Matt "Mr Unwatchable" Leinart, Dave "Homeless Meth Head" Wannstedt and Nick "The Soothsayer" Papadopolopogopodopolis grovel over powder puff football on a Saturday morning. It's like watching cartoons back in the day.
dixichkn
AG
To be fair, when all your games end up with something like an 89-78 final score and go 4 1/2 hours plus..... does the network really want those stretching out past midnight?
dermdoc
AG
This is hilarious. For you youngsters, nobody would have ever thought you would have sip games against Iowa State at 11 am against an Aggie vs Bama or LSU or Georgia or Auburn or Clemson game at 2:30 or 7. I feel like I am in a dream and it is all due to Mr, Dodds. Thank you sir.

We are Texas,
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Your Friend
dermdoc said:

This is hilarious. For you youngsters, nobody would have ever thought you would have sip games against Iowa State at 11 am against an Aggie vs Bama or LSU or Georgia or Auburn or Clemson game at 2:30 or 7. I feel like I am in a dream and it is all due to Mr, Dodds. Thank you sir.

We are Texas,

Is schedules and conferences what define your program? Will you be happy with 7-9 wins every year as long as you get to play better teams that regularly beat you?
dermdoc
AG
Your Friend said:

dermdoc said:

We are Texas,

Is schedules and conferences what define your program? Will you be happy with 7-9 wins every year as long as you get to play better teams that regularly beat you?
When was the last time we were 7-5? When was the last time we had a losing season? How about your T-shirt team? And we are not playing your schedule. We are playing the teams every year your T-shirt school schedules as their "big" game to help out their strength of schedule.

We are Texas.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
SquareOne07
AG
Your Friend said:

dermdoc said:

We are Texas,

What a feckless dildo
Your Friend
dermdoc said:

Your Friend said:

dermdoc said:

We are Texas,

When was the last time we were 7-5? When was the last time we had a losing season? How about your T-shirt team? And we are not playing your schedule. We are playing the teams every year your T-shirt school schedules as their "big" game to help out their strength of schedule.

We are Texas.

Does your schedule ease the pain of not winning a championship in over 20 years?
DifferenceMaker Ag
Your Friend said:

dermdoc said:

Your Friend said:

dermdoc said:

We are Texas,

We are Texas.

Does your schedule ease the pain of not winning a championship in over 20 years?
Does your tshirt team's schedule ease the pain of being OU's b@tch every year, only to watch them get cornholed when they play someone with an actual pulse? And that's IF they even make the playoffs.
HTownAg98
Considering that we aren't on our knees begging to suck on the cocks of SEC schools to schedule them, yes, it does feel better. By the way, that stuff in the corner of your lips, it isn't powdered sugar frosting. You should clean that up.
Flexbone
Your Friend said:

dermdoc said:

Your Friend said:

dermdoc said:

We are Texas,

We are Texas.

Why would it be better to win "championships" in a ****ty league? The team may get a trophy, but they aren't actually any better. You do realize that, don't you? And besides...your T-shirt team hasn't even managed to do that in that pile of **** for over a decade.
(Removed:110240)
AG
Your Friend said:

dermdoc said:

Your Friend said:

dermdoc said:

We are Texas,

We are Texas.

It has been 10 years since texas last won a conference championship despite playing in a conference comparable to the Big East, and that was 2 coaches ago. Perhaps texas should consider a move to the WAC, so they can win more "championships"?
MSU/SECALUM
AggieDore said:

Your Friend said:

dermdoc said:

Your Friend said:

dermdoc said:

We are Texas,

We are Texas.

It has been 10 years since texas last won a conference championship despite playing in a conference comparable to the Big East, and that was 2 coaches ago. Perhaps texas should consider a move to the WAC, so they can win more "championships"?
and if they join the WAC they still have to face a white BYU qb that will run all over that ***** Big 12 defense.
BronkNagurski
MSU/SECALUM said:

AggieDore said:

Your Friend said:

dermdoc said:

Your Friend said:

dermdoc said:

We are Texas,

We are Texas.

and if they join the WAC they still have to face a white BYU qb that will run all over that ***** Big 12 defense.

Over and under and through. . .
MSU/SECALUM
BronkNagurski said:

MSU/SECALUM said:

AggieDore said:

Your Friend said:

dermdoc said:

Your Friend said:

dermdoc said:

We are Texas,

We are Texas.

Over and under and through. . .

What's your record against BYU in your last two games? DUMBASS!!!!
TexasAggie008
AG
From the DMN article -

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/collegesports/2019/05/14/fox-plans-play-big-college-football-game-11-am-saturdays-mean-local-schools

"For fans, that could mean adjusted travel and abbreviated tail-gaiting, among other adjustments.
During this week's "upfront" presentations by the networks to advertisers and the press, Fox Sports announced that its best college games for the upcoming season will be placed into the 11 a.m. Central time slot.
Fox representatives had shared the new strategy with Big 12 athletic directors during the recent spring meetings in Scottsdale, Ariz. Fox is going with a newly revamped college football pregame show featuring Urban Meyer and Reggie Bush, among others, making the 11 a.m. time slot crucial.
Since it's highly doubtful that any Fox games from the Pac-12 will be forced into a 9 a.m. kickoff, that leaves the Big 12 and Big Ten to fill the early time slot.
"They did share with our ADs that they want a strong presence in that time slot," Big 12 spokesman Bob Burda said Tuesday. "What they said is they want to own the early [TV] window."
The early kickoffs aren't popular with local merchants or fans, who have to arrive early. Oklahoma has complained about early kickoffs, especially for home games, as recently as last year's Big 12 meetings in Las Colinas.

"It's a very real issue," Oklahoma AD Joe Castiglione said at the time. "I'm just upset at the lack of sensitivity."
dixichkn
AG
Quote:

They did share with our ADs that they want a strong presence in that time slot," Big 12 spokesman Bob Burda said Tuesday. "What they said is they want to own the early [TV] window."
And that 11AM Kentucky vs Mizzou matchup will STILL probably draw more eyeballs
BennyBlancoFromTheBright
AG

Remember to fill those tanks up early on Saturday!
dermdoc
AG
Your Friend said:

dermdoc said:

Your Friend said:

dermdoc said:

We are Texas,

We are Texas.

I enjoy playing good teams in the afternoon or at night. We go to away games and watching games in Tuscaloosa, Baton Rouge, Oxford, etc. is a lot more fun than Ames, Stillwater, Lubbock. Waco, or Manhattan, Kansas. And I assume most recruits think the same. The NFL draft numbers by conference are something they probably notice also.

I am sure if we played in the Big 12, we would have more wins and would have an easier path to a championship. But what would that mean? Absolutely nothing. It's kind of like Obamacare insurance. Sure, you insurance, but it is worthless because few docs will take it.

And except for the NIT, what championships have the sips enjoyed in the last decade? Even with the easier path?

We are Texas.
Artimus Gordon
Big 12 is the undercard conference. Breakfast tacos on the grill. Tech fans will be eating those tortillas instead of throwing them.

2019 Longhorn football schedule

1. Sept: LSU
2. Oct: OU
3 - 12 Somebodies.
West Point Aggie
AG
To think not long ago we were in that putrid tu plantation...
ham98
You have to give credit to fox for understanding that being competitive in the noon slot is better than getting murdered anytime else for ratings. Fox doesn't owe ticket holders of bdf schools a nice tailgate experience. They owe their shareholders max profit.
bedofbrass33
AG
Your Friend said:

dermdoc said:

Your Friend said:

dermdoc said:

We are Texas,

We are Texas.

Classic sip logic. Only the past matters! Look, we have a better past than you!

We learned from the past. Y'all suck and are a toxic ex. Always dragging down those around you.

We made a move that we felt would help us in the future. That better schedule leads to more revenue from the conference, more donations, more ticket sales, better recruiting, more national visibility. Will we be able to take these advantages we've seized? Time will tell. However, I am proud of my school for looking to the future (on the athletics side), not wallowing in the past.
bedofbrass33
AG
Wabs said:

Quote:

"Fox will have its best game of the day will be at noon every Saturday."

The saving grace for the Big12 is that the Big10 will probably offer the better game most weeks.
ABATTBQ87
AG
Teasipper game vs LSU announced as a 6:30pm kickoff per local Austin news

This may be their only non LHN night game of the year
Hoosegow
FOX said they would be airing their BEST games.

I'm sorry, someone please explain to me how this is going to effect tu's play times.
Class of '94
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.