Corbin Martin

4,730 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Ed Torian
LonghornDub
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Your FPHA just swept the Arlington Rangers and introduced rookie Corbin Martin as their newest starting pitcher. The 23 year-old Aggie alum struck out 9, walked 1, and gave up 2 runs en route to his first MLB victory in his first appearance. Astro batters supplied adequate support in the 15-3 win. Notable performances were by Springer who went 5 for 5 with 2 Springer dingers and 4 ribbies and by Bregman with 2 homers and 5 ribbies. Hope you enjoyed the game and series, Muy. Stros now lead the division by 6 1/2.
God made the country, and man made the town. William Cowper

Grits
AG
Vete
Canyon99
Rangers back in a familiar position. Dead ass last.
LatinAggie1997
AG
Gig 'em Corbin!
The Wonderer
AG
LonghornDub said:

Your FPHA just swept the Arlington Rangers and introduced rookie Corbin Martin as their newest starting pitcher. The 23 year-old Aggie alum struck out 9, walked 1, and gave up 2 runs en route to his first MLB victory in his first appearance. Astro batters supplied adequate support in the 15-3 win. Notable performances were by Springer who went 5 for 5 with 2 Springer dingers and 4 ribbies and by Bregman with 2 homers and 5 ribbies. Hope you enjoyed the game and series, Muy. Stros now lead the division by 6 1/2.
It was a 15-5 victory, you mouth breather. Did they not teach basic ****ing math at Baylor?
LonghornDub
The Wonderer said:

LonghornDub said:

It was a 15-5 victory, you mouth breather. Did they not teach basic ****ing math at Baylor?
If you're allowed to reach 77, you may forget a couple of meaningless garbage-time runs too. Fortunately, they have no effect on the standings.

Ed Torian
Poor Muy.
LonghornDub
Ed Torian said:

Poor Muy.
He and the Rangers had some good years when they had Beltran and were being advised by Ryan. Now they're run by their resident genius, so it may take a few months, or years, or decades.

The Wonderer
AG
I wish I could forget McHugh too.
LonghornDub
Devo may have seen his best days too, but fortunately our current management has built an excellent contender while also creating one of the best farm systems in MLB. I think it's the best sports organization we've ever had in Houston.

Jock 07
AG
Ha, does the mlb have a mercy rule, did the game end after 7?
Silent For Too Long
They were so happy with themselves in mid April. Then reality came and whipped them around like a rat face golden sombrero, culminating in the beat downs this weekend, and now their hopes of being competitive this year are crushed again in early May.

Poor Rangers fans. Hey, at least Pence doesn't completely suck. Although why would you hold on to him when you clearly need to rebuild?
03_Aggie
I just want to know what the attendance stats look like. Those have been a very important metric in the past.
Cynical_Texan
AG
LonghornDub said:

Dub needed something to take his mind off the dumpster fire of a sip baseball team.
dixichkn
AG
Order restored. Gig em Corbin
LonghornDub
The demise of this year's Horn baseball team started with those damn electric scooters which clutter up Austin and put our best player on the shelf for the year.

On the good side, the Astros started their series in Detroit with an 8-1 shellacking of the Tigers with 3 home runs from the lower part of the order and a garbage time knock from Bregman. Asked if his mother was happy with his two homer night on Mother's Day, he said she had requested a grand slam.

LonghornDub
I heard attendance was around 41,000 on Mother's Day.

Edit: Stros averaging 32m, Rangers 27.7.

goodAg80
AG
Thanks Lacey
Ed Torian
Astros already up 6. Where's Muy?
LonghornDub
Trailing KC 2-0 in the bottom of the first.

HTownAg98
I hope the Rangers are going the Moneyball route to right the ship. They are not good right now, and getting worse.
Silent For Too Long
HTownAg98 said:

I hope the Rangers are going the Moneyball route to right the ship. They are not good right now, and getting worse.

The last thing they hold onto is they "do it the right way." If the franchise did the smart thing and went into a true rebuilding mode the Arlingtonians wouldnt have anything left.
LonghornDub
Swept the Tigers as Verlander wins 5-1. On to Baaws-tin.

Ed Torian
+87 run differential.

Hi Muy.
David_Puddy
AG
Meanwhile the Rangers are inching towards double digits behind....IN THE DIVISION....IN MID MAY.
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
It makes me smile seeing all these San Antonio folks cheering on the Astros.
David_Puddy
AG
Guess since I grew up around SA that I'm not supposed to like baseball? It took you 10 minutes, do better next time.
goodAg80
AG
Everybody wants affirmation from San Antonio folks.
David_Puddy
AG
We know Zeus certainly does
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
Woah. David is pissed.
David_Puddy
AG
Sure am
Your Friend
Great Beard of Zeus said:

It makes me smile seeing all these San Antonio folks cheering on the Astros.

Um, he's a houstonian rooting for the stros
LonghornDub
We dropped the finale to the Bosox 4-3, but still have an 8 1/2 game lead in the division which ain't bad for May. Springer left the game with a tight back, and they said Altuve would need a minor league rehab assignment. It's a long season with more twists and turns ahead. I am of the slightly biased opinion that the Astros are as good as any team in the MLB, and I'm sure enjoying it. Winning the Boston series in Boston further legitimizes them as a prime contender for a championship. Go Stros!

Ed Torian
Quote:

I am of the slightly biased opinion that the Astros are as good as any team in the MLB,
Not biased at all. Astros are absolutely stacked.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.