Sips schedule another SEC team

6,711 Views | 66 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by vansprinkle
dixichkn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So add Florida to the list that already includes Arkansas, LSU, Bama and Georgia.
My God....... they wanna be us so bad it's pathetic. I find it comical at this point that they finally realize Daddy left them so far in the dust they have to try to emulate us as closely as possible just to stay relevant nationally.
But always remember.....WE ran away from THEM.
Maroon Dawn
AG
It's their only logical move to address the weakness and declining ticket sales of a L10 schedule and to try and neutralize our recruiting advantage by telling recruits "we play a SEC team every year too!"

It's not an accident
Science Denier
AG
They finally have a few good recruiting classes, so they can schedule some decent teams.

Wait till they get their ass licked on a regular basis.

This won't last long.
APHIS AG
If they wanted to schedule SEC teams, they should have stuck to "tradition" and schedule Vanderbilt and usually Kentucky to play them for after they get their butts kicked in by the LSU's and Alabama's of the SEC, they will more than happy to schedule them.
Artimus Gordon
Well, playing Maryland was a disaster. Two losses to a team with no national following to speak of. 9 big12 conference games with the best game at a neutral site in the first part of October. A whole lot of nothing after that. The schedule consists of a big non-conference (SEC) game in September and OU in October. No wonder they are whining to play us!
West Point Aggie
AG
Well when your ONLY rivalry game (the land thieves) is ALWAYS in Dallas...and baylol, tcu, tech and Kansas and kstate, isu and the couch burners is all that can come visit you, you have no choice but to schedule from a good conference!

Bottlehead90
AG
Deep down Belmont knows but doesn't want to admit that they alone are not a big enough draw. They must have marquee teams to sell tickets because the visiting team will bring their own fans.
Belmont knows they have terrible fans.

I can see the Belmont ego misinterpreting this and convincing themselves they can go independent.

The tu arrogance is always there.

EVA3
AG
I predict these games will never happen.
halfone85
It is for recruiting purposes; it has nothing to do with wanting to be Aggie. When we beat teams yall usually lose to, recruits will see it. Georgia comes to mind.

Moreover, we have Ohio state, Michigan and ASU scheduled so it's not all SEC teams. All schools are in good recruiting areas though.
halfone85
Why will they never happen?
technoviking
AG
halfone85 said:

It is for recruiting purposes; it has nothing to do with wanting to be Aggie. When we beat teams yall usually lose to, recruits will see it. Georgia comes to mind.

Moreover, we have Ohio state, Michigan and ASU scheduled so it's not all SEC teams. All schools are in good recruiting areas though.

The recruiting purpose is to dilute our advantage of us telling kids we're in the SEC. so, yes, it is about wanting what A&M has. You don't see us going out and scheduling Iowa state, Baylor or Texas tech.

And as far as beating teams we haven't.. y'all beat Missouri and that's it. We haven't played Georgia yet. We've beaten Arkansas every year since moving to the SEC, the last time y'all played them was borderline erotic for Arky. The last time y'all played ole miss y'all lost.

It's funny how longhorn fans spent an entire decade *****ing and moaning about SEC bias, which was fueled to bat**** crazy *****ing and moaning levels when we entered the SEC, only to now latching their identity on a 7 point "crushing" of the SECs "best" in a meaningless bowl game. The big 12 truly is a tainted well full of feces.
Your Friend
Hearing longhorn fans mockingly do the "SEC" chant each of the last 2 years was music to my ears. I'm all for scheduling more
Ragoo
AG
They realize scheduling PAC-12 and B1G teams do any bring eyeballs.
vansprinkle
AG
jblaschke said:

They finally have a few good recruiting classes, so they can schedule some decent teams.

Wait till they get their ass licked on a regular basis.

This won't last long.

I'm sure their locker room is already full of this on a regular basis.
halfone85
It was only 7 points at the end of the Georgia game. Georgia was down 21 points in the 4th. Also, how can you hate on that game but claim beating LSU in 7 overtimes is such a great thing like you did in another thread?

You can say that Georgia didnt want to be there all you want. It was still a big time bowl game. That's a Loser's mentality.
YouBet
AG
Texas sh^t the bed with realignment and are desperately trying to create a proxy for that by scheduling SEC teams. Anyone that doesn't admit that is delusional or a liar.

The absolute hypocrisy and hubris by Texas fans to denounce the SEC up to realignment and after due to "academics" and "cheating" is haunting them now. Especially since the SEC is now a superior conference in both athletics and academics. The latter is especially delicious.
HTownAg98
And we are the ones that are supposed to be obsessed.

technoviking
AG
And at the end of the game it was a 7 point margin. Their best player sat out the game because it was meaningless and the telecast had the announcers talking about Kirby smarts frustration with the motivation of his team leading up to the game. In the college football playoff era the team that has been left out of the playoffs has gone 1-5. That's not coincidence. These are teams that have performed well all season, are disappointed they didn't make the playoffs and then underperform. Without looking it up, can you name the last 4 teams not named Texas to beat the team left out of the playoffs? That should show you how meaningless that game is.

The difference between the sugar bowl and the LSU game is that the game had future implications for postseason placement. All the star players are playing. Greedy Williams sat out the following bowl game if you noticed. LSU is also a rivalry game from a state we recruit in. A game that by your own volition is recognized as a recruiting tool that Texas is now trying to employ.
digging tunnels
AG
halfone85 said:

It goes beyond recruiting purposes. It's mainly because your schedules and home games suck. One big game vs OU in Dallas is all y'all got. The other games barely move the needle. And you know it. Look how excited your fan base gets when the big names have been scheduled. Congrats on getting one great home game every other year.

And speaking of recruiting, which teams benefit more when these opponents come to Texas? And will the blame still lie on us because of letting the SEC schools steal our in-state recruits?
halfone85
Yes 7 point margin of victory but Georgia scored last second to cut a 14 point lead to 7 points. Tell the whole story techno.. btw, I hope you dont usually have this many excuses at your job..

I've the big 12 sucks before and I that want to go independent so we can schedule whoever we want.
technoviking
AG
halfone85 said:

I've the big 12 sucks before and I that want to go independent so we can schedule whoever we want.
I agree with you. I think that's a great idea.
dermdoc
AG
HTownAg98 said:

And we are the ones that are supposed to be obsessed.

The beauty of the sip chick at our baseball game at Bama last night was she got bumped from covered seats by the Bama ushers and had to sit out in the rain. We were very comfortable under the awning. And the stadium was almost empty. But I guess she made her point whatever it was.

We are Texas
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Ragoo
AG
halfone85 said:

Yes 7 point margin of victory but Georgia scored last second to cut a 14 point lead to 7 points. Tell the whole story techno.. btw, I hope you dont usually have this many excuses at your job..

it was a good win for sure. Made the second half of your season 4-3 instead of 3-4. Congrats!
technoviking
AG
dermdoc said:

The beauty of the sip chick at our baseball game at Bama last night was she got bumped from covered seats by the Bama ushers and had to sit out in the rain. We were very comfortable under the awning. And the stadium was almost empty. But I guess she made her point whatever it was.

We are Texas
that's some jilted BSC **** right there. showing up at a conference game 700 miles away from home..
dermdoc
AG
halfone85 said:

It was only 7 points at the end of the Georgia game. Georgia was down 21 points in the 4th. Also, how can you hate on that game but claim beating LSU in 7 overtimes is such a great thing like you did in another thread?

You can say that Georgia didnt want to be there all you want. It was still a big time bowl game. That's a Loser's mentality.

So next year the mighty sips play two teams with a pulse and one is LSU who we play every year. Our schedule next year includes back to back away games at Georgia and LSU, home against Bama and Auburn, and of course an away game at Clemson.

And what kind of loser goes to a baseball game at bama against us and wears a sip jersey? The envy is palpable.

We are Texas
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
dermdoc
AG
technoviking said:

dermdoc said:

We are Texas
that's some jilted BSC **** right there. showing up at a conference game 700 miles away from home..

That is the kind of stuff you expect from tech or Baylor. Or maybe us back in the day. Just shows how far the university has fallen.

We are Texas
Jock 07
AG
EVA3 said:

I predict these games will never happen.

Exactly, they're still feeling sporty after the Georgia game so they'll still play the LSU game this year. But look for the price of fuel to rise to prohibitive levels as the bama/auburn/fl games approach.
Jock 07
AG
halfone85 said:

Why will they never happen?

The same reason the HI game never happened you **** for brains.
Bottlehead90
AG
Yes
tu scheduled games at Hawaii for years to benefit recruiting. But when Hawaii had a winning record tu canceled the game and said it was due to cost.

Flexbone
halfone85 said:

Who do we usually lose to that Texas beats? Georgia? We haven't played Georgia. But when we do this year, you can be sure they won't be without multiple starters, nor will they have just been left out of the CFP, which has an 80% loss rate since the CFP began.

Absolutely hilarious how much stock you guys put into that game, despite it being obvious to everyone else what happened. Ignore losing to Maryland, OSU, WV, etc. Pretend the Georgia game is the REAL story.
Flexbone
Your Friend said:

Hearing longhorn fans mockingly do the "SEC" chant each of the last 2 years was music to my ears. I'm all for scheduling more

A Missouri team from the East that beat not one team with a winning record. Then, a Georgia team without multiple starters and sitting in the CFP#5 spot, which has lost 4/5 times.

Hard to keep y'alls story straight. If the SEC is so overrated...why would you get so excited over the "upset"?
Maroon Dawn
AG
It's an outright admission that a L10 schedule doesn't draw flies and that they need the exposure of the SEC to keep up
West Point Aggie
AG
Tea sips and their sycophants are just the worst!
BronkNagurski
Your Friend said:

And being recognized as a power bottom isnt always a bad thing.
Old McDonald
Flexbone said:

Your Friend said:

A Missouri team from the East that beat not one team with a winning record. Then, a Georgia team without multiple starters and sitting in the CFP#5 spot, which has lost 4/5 times.

Hard to keep y'alls story straight. If the SEC is so overrated...why would you get so excited over the "upset"?
wouldn't be a complete OR thread without flexbone pulling up his sugar bowl excuse talking points! can't wait to see what you put together after texas beats lsu
username checks out
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.