Broke ass Tech extends Beard...

7,710 Views | 56 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by WestAustinAg
Andy Farmer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
To a measly 6 year $4.57 mill/yr contract. 3rd highest in country.

More than Buzz.

Science Denier
AG
He's better than Buzz.

Losing in a basketball head coaching battle is no big deal. Nobody gives a **** about basketball.

The big deal for us is our leadership's action in this and losing Woodward. I mean, ****. We just hired RC Slocum.

If we start penny pinching Jimbo, we lose him.

I'd say I hope we are smarter than that, but I've seen this act way too many times from us.
Ed Torian
Your football team still sucks veiny donkey chode.
Andy Farmer
That we do broski, that we do.

Peen for days.
aTm2004
AG
Congrats on being the basketball school of Texas.
Andy Farmer
Gotta be good at something eventually
aTm2004
AG
You've been good at being a chitty school for at least 20 years. Then there's the #1 ranking for STDs on campus. Throw in a decent basketball program and things are looking up in Lubbock.
vansprinkle
AG
jblaschke said:

He's better than Buzz.

Losing in a basketball head coaching battle is no big deal. Nobody gives a **** about basketball.

The big deal for us is our leadership's action in this and losing Woodward. I mean, ****. We just hired RC Slocum.

I'd say I hope we are smarter than that, but I've seen this act way too many times from us.

You sound like a beta. Nut up.
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
jblaschke said:

He's better than Buzz.

Yessir.

We will Aggie this up.

Aggie [verb] To screw up a good thing, repeatedly, over time.
Joe Exotic
AG
And still won't be enough to keep him.
Flexbone
Does Tech turn a profit on basketball? Serious question. I don't think many programs do, including us.
Andy Farmer
Flexbone said:

Does Tech turn a profit on basketball? Serious question. I don't think many programs do, including us.

Yes. But I don't know the exact figure. In 15-16 it was roughly $600k....so you can be sure it has increased. As have expenses. (Edit: this is just for mens. Combined, the women's program puts basketball on the whole in the red. But this is all pre NCAA tourney the last couple years).
Canyon99
Andy Farmer said:

Flexbone said:

Yes. But I don't know the exact figure. In 15-16 it was roughly $600k....so you can be sure it has increased. As have expenses. (Edit: this is just for mens. Combined, the women's program puts basketball on the whole in the red. But this is all pre NCAA tourney the last couple years).

Damn good move by Tech's AD to buy thousands of Forever stamps years ago to avoid financial ruin from occasional $0.01 postage increases. Wise.
Muy
AG
jblaschke said:

He's better than Buzz.

Why would RC penny pinch Jimbo? If anything, RC's biggest challenge during his tenure was battling the penny pinching Wally Groff, who let A&M lose the arms race before he (Wally) knew what happened.
Ragoo
AG
Does that come with a dog run in Muleshoe?
Science Denier
AG
Muy said:

jblaschke said:

He's better than Buzz.

Why would RC penny pinch Jimbo? If anything, RC's biggest challenge during his tenure was battling the penny pinching Wally Groff, who let A&M lose the arms race before he (Wally) knew what happened.
RC has no say. He's a puppet. He will tell Jimbo what he's told to tell Jimbo. "Sorry, all that you were promised will have to wait just a little longer. Just one more year.

RC's labeled as "temporary". No accountability for him, or for our wonderful "leadership". Pissing off Woodward was all sorts of stupid, and it will domino thru to Jimbo over time.

You can see the stars lining up.
Flexbone
jblaschke said:

Muy said:

jblaschke said:

He's better than Buzz.

RC has no say. He's a puppet. He will tell Jimbo what he's told to tell Jimbo. "Sorry, all that you were promised will have to wait just a little longer. Just one more year.

RC's labeled as "temporary". No accountability for him, or for our wonderful "leadership". Pissing off Woodward was all sorts of stupid, and it will domino thru to Jimbo over time.

Jumbo has everything he wants. You have no idea what you're talking about as usual.
Joe Exotic
AG
jblaschke said:

Muy said:

jblaschke said:

He's better than Buzz.

You pay for Billy's information and you still believe this dumb **** you posted?
Science Denier
AG
Bo Darville said:

jblaschke said:

Muy said:

jblaschke said:

JHe's better than Buzz.

You pay for Billy's information and you still believe this dumb **** you posted?
You pay for Billy's information and don't read it?
ccatag
AG
Tehc will always be remembered for not paying Leach the money
halfone85
Farmer - What is your crop of choice?
Andy Farmer
halfone85 said:

Farmer - What is your crop of choice?

Cotton, of course.
halfone85
It could easily be mushrooms that grow in the cow ***** How am I supposed to know??

Seriously though, I like coach Beard and good for yall to lock him down.. for now..
Repeat the Line
what happened to all your tier 1 fundraisers?

*snicker*
Señor Chang
AG
I heard the greater Lubbock area grows around 90% of the world's cotton.

Only old school posters will get this.

Andy Farmer
Seor Chang said:

I heard the greater Lubbock area grows around 90% of the world's cotton.

Only old school posters will get this.

95 now.
Skull Session
I was under the impression that R C had essentially gotten Wally Groff the job as Athletic Director. It stands to reason why RC would want him as AD. Wally was nothing more than a bean counter. Homeless people on street corners could raise more money than Wally could as AD. Now Wally is being used as an excuse as to why R C couldn't do anything? WTF! And didn't both Wally and RC leave town on the same rail?

BTW, how's that nationwide search for an Athletic Director going? Search committee anyone?
Maroon Dawn
AG
Man, I remember when we thought Gillespie would be here forever too
David_Puddy
AG
jblaschke said:

Bo Darville said:

jblaschke said:

Muy said:

jblaschke said:

JHe's better than Buzz.

I sincerely hope you're trolling, but if not, what an absolutely dumbass take. He's in the top 4 highest paid coaches in America, and has a 10 year GUARANTEED contract. How in the absolute f-ck are we "penny pinching" him?
Joe Exotic
AG
jblaschke said:

Bo Darville said:

jblaschke said:

Muy said:

jblaschke said:

JHe's better than Buzz.

Then maybe you missed the numerous posts by billy saying Jimbo isn't going anwhere and believes we will get a great AD with jimbos input.

But keep up the fear mongering.
Andy Farmer
David_Puddy said:

jblaschke said:

Bo Darville said:

jblaschke said:

Muy said:

jblaschke said:

JHe's better than Buzz.

I sincerely hope you're trolling, but if not, what an absolutely dumbass take. He's in the top 4 highest paid coaches in America, and has a 10 year GUARANTEED contract. How in the absolute f-ck are we "penny pinching" him?

Puddy isn't ****ing around today.
aggiedad55
AG
I didn't want A&M to hire Tech's basketball coach. But Tech's baseball coach would look great wearing Maroon & White. Wish we could make that happen.
David_Puddy
AG
Andy Farmer said:

David_Puddy said:

jblaschke said:

Bo Darville said:

jblaschke said:

Muy said:

jblaschke said:

JHe's better than Buzz.

Where's your buddy Doc been? Seems like you're the lone ranger around here now, which saddens me. This board has too many dumbasses like Buscemi posting, which is why I hardly come over here anymore.
ABCDE
Just a matter of time until basketball recruits consider tech over Duke.
Andy Farmer
David_Puddy said:

Andy Farmer said:

David_Puddy said:

jblaschke said:

Bo Darville said:

jblaschke said:

Muy said:

jblaschke said:

JHe's better than Buzz.

Where's your buddy Doc been? Seems like you're the lone ranger around here now, which saddens me. This board has too many dumbasses like Buscemi posting, which is why I hardly come over here anymore.

Yeah this board has lost some punch....but I continue in his honor. And to piss off a certain lawyer.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.