Los Spurs

4,166 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Ed Torian
Cloud
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Aren't very bright.

Enjoy your offseason, morons.
OilFieldIRI
S
Moron post at 11:47pm on a Saturday night... noted
45-70Ag
Truvada_for_prep
Spurs and the city of sa back to its rightful place as irrelevant **** holes .
Token
AG
OilFieldIRI said:

Moron post at 11:47pm on a Saturday night... noted
the irony is that you were up at 1am and bothered so much that you came here to let us know
AgDotCom
Lived in SA when the Spurs came to town. Loved SA and the Spurs up until Pop told me I should feel "uncomfortable" for being white. F'em until Pop is done and for that matter F the NBA until it fixes its bleeding racist vagina.

I'm still on board with SA but if it doesn't stop its swirl down the liberal drain, F it too.
45-70Ag
AG
Never understood why pop opened his mouth about politics. Sports was a nice way to get away from that stuff
WC94
AG
There is a board for this post, and it isn't Old Rivalries.
Truvada_for_prep
WC94 said:

Are you the hall monitor?
Ed Torian
WC94 said:

Little internet police officer.
OilFieldIRI
S
My bad, I had just left the official Spurs watch party in downtown San Antonio.
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
AgDotCom said:

I'm still on board with SA but if it doesn't stop its swirl down the liberal drain, F it too.
I started to tell you to get over it by going to the airport and ordering a Chik Fil A sandwich but I don't guess that is not possible.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional sports advice.
spherical
AG
I don't understand being "done with pop" as the coach because of his statements- what does one have to do with the other?

You're no different than the people who boycott chick fil a because of their beliefs... [as in, really dumb for denying yourself amazing chicken just because you don't like their stance on something]
Silent For Too Long
It's just spurs fans scapegoat for being fairweather fans. If pop was still getting larry's you would have had flagship threads all year long on here.

Their team is just okay now and, more importantly, clearly below Houston in the pecking order, so suddenly a coache's political stance is really uber important.
MelvinUdall
spherical said:

I don't understand being "done with pop" as the coach because of his statements- what does one have to do with the other?

You're no different than the people who boycott chick fil a because of their beliefs... [as in, really dumb for denying yourself amazing chicken just because you don't like their stance on something]

Maybe if Pop wasn't an arrogant d***he, you might have a point, unfortunately while he has been a great coach, he has treated sideline reporters like s*** as well as others in the media. Maybe, just maybe, he wasn't an a** and didn't bring his politics into sports, then we wouldn't even have this discussion.
AgDotCom
spherical said:

Well, here's what you don't understand. I, a white male, was raised to do the right thing, have tried to do the right thing and have so far succeeded in doing the right thing. Including treating all people with respect and letting them know they're valued with both words and actions, unless they go out of their way wanting to avoid that. At my father's funeral, we insisted a minority family which late in his life had helped with his care, walk into the service with our family. Not behind us, not separate from us, but with us. Later, the tables turned, and they invited my family to do the same thing at a funeral for one of their own family. But I have to listen to Pop and others run their mouths and tell me how I'm supposed to feel. Like I said, F him.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
MelvinUdall said:

spherical said:

Maybe if Pop wasn't an arrogant d***he, you might have a point, unfortunately while he has been a great coach, he has treated sideline reporters like s*** as well as others in the media. Maybe, just maybe, he wasn't an a** and didn't bring his politics into sports, then we wouldn't even have this discussion.

Look who is back fellas fresh from the politics board I give you .............

ngayden
LastHamlet
AG
Cloud said:

Aren't very bright.

Enjoy your offseason, morons.

How many championships does your team have loser?
coolerguy12
AG
I didn't realize the spurs got bounced. I was wondering why I was so sleepy today.
Macarthur
MelvinUdall said:

spherical said:

You couldn't be more wrong about Pop. I'm not a big fan of his shtick with sideline reporters, but he is not an arrogant person.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26524600/secret-team-dinners-built-spurs-dynasty

In 2017, San Antonio Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich made the news for reportedly leaving a $5,000 tip on an $800 bill at a restaurant in Memphis, Tennessee.

Factored into that is Popovich's generous tipping habits. According to Holmes, Popovich frequently leaves five-figure tips, hands wads of cash out for the kitchen staff, leaves tickets to Spurs games, and even sends workers bottles of his rare custom wine, Rock and Hammer.

He's notoriously active in giving of his time and money to many charities.

If we judge people (as the old saying goes) by what they do for those that can do nothing for them, Pop is a shining example.

The Agly Duckling
pepe the dog said:

AgDotCom said:

I started to tell you to get over it by going to the airport and ordering a Chik Fil A sandwich but I don't guess that is not possible.
Ags, I've a serious question: It seems to me that folks talking about eating at Chik Fil A or patronizing their establishments has almost become "code" for "I'm on the right," or "I'm against the geys, too."

Am I seeing that correctly? TIA.
WC94
AG
Quote:

WC94 said:

How about you and Ed jerk off in your socks?
William K. Klingaman
Do you news, bro?
Truvada_for_prep
WC94 said:

Quote:

WC94 said:

How about you and Ed jerk off in your socks?
Woah we got a bad ass over here!
WC94
AG
Go fish. There are some good ones under your bridge.
monarch
S
Jerk off...in your socks?

Make sure you wash them before you wear them.
Peace for Ukraine!
The Agly Duckling
William K. Klingaman said:

Do you news, bro?
So, are you saying that it's reported on the news that people who say they like Chik Fil A are using that as "code?" Did you fully understand my post?
David_Puddy
AG
Rockets about to join the Spurs on the fishing expedition. Going on 24 years now (and 5 Spurs Championships) since the Rockets have won anything. Harden once again proving he's just a regular season hero.
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
David_Puddy said:

Rockets about to join the Spurs on the fishing expedition. Going on 24 years now (and 5 Spurs Championships) since the Rockets have won anything. Harden once again proving he's just a regular season hero.
Is your sock Reed Mcenzie?
David_Puddy
AG
Good for you for thinking the Rockets have a chance to come back from 2-0 against the Warriors
Truvada_for_prep
In before one of puddies two dads was life time warrior fan and now he is a fan!
spherical
AG
AgDotCom said:

spherical said:

Well, here's what you don't understand. I, a white male, was raised to do the right thing, have tried to do the right thing and have so far succeeded in doing the right thing. Including treating all people with respect and letting them know they're valued with both words and actions, unless they go out of their way wanting to avoid that. At my father's funeral, we insisted a minority family which late in his life had helped with his care, walk into the service with our family. Not behind us, not separate from us, but with us. Later, the tables turned, and they invited my family to do the same thing at a funeral for one of their own family. But I have to listen to Pop and others run their mouths and tell me how I'm supposed to feel. Like I said, F him.

You can feel how you want about him, but using that as a reason to not like the team anymore (assuming you did in the past) or watch games is... well I guess your problem. You are choosing to deny yourself something "good" cause your feelings are hurt. That's your prerogative, I just don't get it. Just like acquaintances of mine who one day loved chick fil a and the next day thought their $4.50 at lunch time was gonna make a dent in which organizations chick fil a chooses to donate to.
Your Friend
David_Puddy said:

Good for you for thinking the Rockets have a chance to come back from 2-0 against the Warriors

I think we do
David_Puddy
AG
Truvada_for_prep said:

In before one of puddies two dads was life time warrior fan and now he is a fan!

I bet that was even less funny when you thought it up in your head, sock.

I despise the Warriors more than the dumbass who posted right before me.
AggieTFA06
AG
First, Pop, Lebron James, Kevin Durant, Steph Curry, and their divisive racist friends can go F themselves. As someone who used to teach in the inner cities, I have seen too much black on black violence and I have seen how it tears apart communities and prevent others from being able to learn in a safe environment. It's irritating to hear people who grew up in privilege lecture me on race relations while not shedding a tear at the gang violence destroying the inner cities and not actually experiencing a day in an inner city school.

I try not to let politics get in the way that I do business. I have friends who are of opposing parties from me, but we remain friends because we find something in common. I'm a Rockets fan and this is what we (fellow Rockets fans) find in common:

-Spurs Suck
-F the Warriors
-Go Rockets
-The NBA is rigged by the refs. NBA is trying to push the Golden State Warriors down our throats.
To 1,000,000 touchdowns ...and beyond
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.