ESPN Adds DirecTV As Carrier For ACC Network At Launch

1,997 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by MosesRAB-93
MSU/SECALUM
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Morning-Buzz/2019/03/12/acc-net.aspx

Meanwhile

Pac-12 commissioner is staying at a Las Vegas hotel that runs $7,500 a night and comes with a private butler, reports say

https://24-hours-news.com/2019/03/12/pac-12-commissioner-is-staying-at-a-las-vegas-hotel-that-runs-7500-a-night-and-comes-with-a-private-butler-reports-say/
ccatag
AG
Does the Longhorn network get thrown in too for free?
AgDotCom
Good to see all the Power 5 conferences now have their own network.

Right?

Maybe one of these days the remaining blind individuals will finally see the writing on the wall like Mizzou and A&M did. Colorado and Nebraska omitted because they made their decision to bail prior to the LHN announcement.
GAC06
AG
The remaining schools in the Big12 absolutely see the writing on the wall. That's why every school that could leave for a better conference... did.
McInnis80
I bet Larry Scott is happy to see the admissions scandal at USC, UCLA and Stanford to keep the "Pac 12 CEO Group" distracted. Unless the hotel is giving Scott the suite as a comp in exchange for having the tournament in Las Vegas, the schools should be livid. Hard to believe Scott's deal compared to other conference commissioners. If I was a regent of the University of California system I would ask why I am paying this guy so much money, especially compared to the heads at Berkeley and Los Angeles.
MSU/SECALUM
McInnis80 said:

I bet Larry Scott is happy to see the admissions scandal at USC, UCLA and Stanford to keep the "Pac 12 CEO Group" distracted. Unless the hotel is giving Scott the suite as a comp in exchange for having the tournament in Las Vegas, the schools should be livid. Hard to believe Scott's deal compared to other conference commissioners. If I was a regent of the University of California system I would ask why I am paying this guy so much money, especially compared to the heads at Berkeley and Los Angeles.
His $7500 a night room in Vegas was blowing up on twitter so the heat is on. I do wonder how long the PAC Presidents and AD's put up with this before they make a change?
wbt5845
AG
GAC06 said:

That's why every school that could leave for a better conference... did.

QFT
LOYAL AG
AG
GAC06 said:

The remaining schools in the Big12 absolutely see the writing on the wall. That's why every school that could leave for a better conference... did.

This. When TexAgs was trying to find a name for the new Big 12 I was in favor of SWOC which stands for Schools Without Options Conference. I've since latched onto Big 12 ET but at that time I felt like SWOC was about as accurate as you could get.
Maroon Dawn
AG
Exactly

Who here thinks WV would turn down an invite to the SEC or ACC to stay in the L10?

Or the Kansas schools and ISU to the B1G?

OU and OSU already tried to go to the PAC

Pretty much the only happy ones are the TX little brother schools who know that none of the other power conferences want them so the L10 is their only hope
MosesRAB-93
AG
Maroon Dawn said:

Exactly

Who here thinks WV would turn down an invite to the SEC or ACC to stay in the L10?

Or the Kansas schools and ISU to the B1G?

OU and OSU already tried to go to the PAC

Pretty much the only happy ones are the TX little brother schools who know that none of the other power conferences want them so the L10 is their only hope

<insert sooner wagon crossing river fail gif>
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.